Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hakeem Nicks goes down in practice, Moncrief shines in his spot

TKnight24

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna be a Debbie downer and say: Isn't 3 quarters of our starting secondary out? Not taking anything away from him though. :)

Very true, they're still better than the corners and safeties he played against in college though (including Bama & LSU). Very nice to see him competing, I had a feeling this would be the case when I watched his highlight reel.

So what's the word on Nicks

The 'word' from one Giants source:

Giants beat writer Dan Graziano says it seemed clear that Hakeem Nicks' "chief motivation" last season "was to stay healthy so that he could cash in as a free agent."

The Colts are hoping Nicks' effectiveness was sapped by his mind, not an accumulation of lower-body injuries. He posted a 56-896-0 line, reportedly frustrating coaches with his inability to get open and make plays. The other concern is that 26-year-old Nicks is operating on a one-year deal once again, leaving Graziano to wonder if he'll tip-toe through another season. There are a lot of yellow flags here despite Nicks' natural talent and the presence of Andrew Luck.  Mar 17.

So Nicks is fragile and cannot get open anymore...probably won't play the full season and may be ineffective, as he was for the Giants. 

The Nicks signing will force us to cut one of Whalen, Brazill, Rogers and keep 6 WRs...not good.

After lucking out and getting Moncrief, our best course of action could be to say goodbye to Mr. Nicks after Training Camp.

Giants beat writer Dan Graziano says it seemed clear that Hakeem Nicks' "chief motivation" last season "was to stay healthy so that he could cash in as a free agent."

The Colts are hoping Nicks' effectiveness was sapped by his mind, not an accumulation of lower-body injuries. He posted a 56-896-0 line, reportedly frustrating coaches with his inability to get open and make plays. The other concern is that 26-year-old Nicks is operating on a one-year deal once again, leaving Graziano to wonder if he'll tip-toe through another season. There are a lot of yellow flags here despite Nicks' natural talent and the presence of Andrew Luck. Mar 17.

So Nicks is fragile and cannot get open anymore...probably won't play the full season and may be ineffective, as he was for the Giants.

The Nicks signing will force us to cut one of Whalen, Brazill, Rogers and keep 6 WRs...not good.

After lucking out and getting Moncrief, our best course of action could be to say goodbye to Mr. Nicks after Training Camp.

Hahahahahah

The Colts are hoping Nicks' effectiveness was sapped by his mind, not an accumulation of lower-body injuries. He posted a 56-896-0 line, reportedly frustrating coaches with his inability to get open and make plays. The other concern is that 26-year-old Nicks is operating on a one-year deal once again, leaving Graziano to wonder if he'll tip-toe through another season. There are a lot of yellow flags here despite Nicks' natural talent and the presence of Andrew Luck.  Mar 17.

its a biased giants reporter. were you expecting him to say anything good about nicks? and we're werent the only team that wanted nicks

So the Giant's equivalent of Brad Wells said some not very things about Nicks and you think we should cut him?!

I'm very glad you're not involved in making any decisions concerning the team... I mean come on you know it's just not going to happen so your statement is farcical. Unless of course we have a DHB scenario when I suppose you can point to your prophetic talents but I'll take that risk :P

its a biased giants reporter. were you expecting him to say anything good about nicks? and we're werent the only team that wanted nicks

I would have liked him as a one-year stop-gap measure if we had not drafted Moncrief.

We are way overestimating the CURRENT ability of Nicks to get open, make plays and stay healthy...a little bit of contact and he will be 'in the shop' again....his knees are shot.

I would have liked him as a one-year stop-gap measure if we had not drafted Moncrief.

We are way overestimating the CURRENT ability of Nicks to get open, make plays and stay healthy...a little bit of contact and he will be 'in the shop' again....his knees are shot.

he had 56 catches last year. The colts only had one player with that many. He is the third best option here now. He will get open

how about you watch him play this season instead of listening to some biased *

how about you watch him play this season instead of listening to some biased *

OK, I will watch him...but I watched most of the Giants games last year on NFL ST and Nicks was seldom open...Eli kept having to reload and find another receiver, usually Rueben Randle.  And last year Nicks scored exactly ZERO TDs...nada...while he tippy-toed around and got very little separation.

I think we should expect him to be out for quite a few games...maybe half of them.

OK, I will watch him...but I watched most of the Giants games last year on NFL ST and Nicks was seldom open...Eli kept having to reload and find another receiver, usually Rueben Randle. And last year Nicks scored exactly ZERO TDs...nada...while he tippy-toed around and got very little separation.

I think we should expect him to be out for quite a few games...maybe half of them.

The whole giant offense was bad not just nicks. Eli threw 27 ints, the oline sucked, no running game

I've been saying for awhile that Moncrief is our future number 1 receiver. It's just mini-camp but the guy just has baller written all over him. If there is one position Grigson has an eye for, its WR. He's a guy whose name you're going to here called a lot in the future. Luck deep to Moncrief might be as much of a norm as "Luck throws deep to Hilton".

Out of the whole draft, I'm really excited about Moncrief and Jackson.

OK, I will watch him...but I watched most of the Giants games last year on NFL ST and Nicks was seldom open...Eli kept having to reload and find another receiver, usually Rueben Randle. And last year Nicks scored exactly ZERO TDs...nada...while he tippy-toed around and got very little separation.

No you didn't.

No you didn't.

Oh yes, I absolutely did.  I have had NFL Sunday Ticket for the past 12 years (except for the Peyton injury season).

I have 2 TVs/2 cable boxes...one for the Colts...one for surfing the other games.

And who are you to say otherwise?

Oh yes, I absolutely did. I have had NFL Sunday Ticket for the past 12 years (except for the Peyton injury season).

I have 2 TVs/2 cable boxes...one for the Colts...one for surfing the other games.

if he was seldom open, how did he catch 56 passes

Oh yes, I absolutely did.  I have had NFL Sunday Ticket for the past 12 years (except for the Peyton injury season).

I didn't think Canadians had electricity... let alone satellite tv. 

:D

if he was seldom open, how did he catch 56 passes

duhh.  Because Eli forced it to him and threw a perfect pass so that all he to do was hold out his hands while he was tiptoeing.  Actually I think 30 of those 56 catches got stuck to his facemask, he didn't he have to catch it.  I saw three times where the CB intercepted the pass and then handed it him, just to help him out.  The other 23 were just luck.

duhh.  Because Eli forced it to him and threw a perfect pass so that all he to do was hold out his hands while he was tiptoeing.  Actually I think 30 of those 56 catches got stuck to his facemask, he didn't he have to catch it.  I saw three times where the CB intercepted the pass and then handed it him, just to help him out.  The other 23 were just luck.

Yes, I saw where Nicks caught 56 balls for the year...the man still has great hands. 

I still think we are going to have trouble with his lack of durability/injury prone problems.  It makes it really tough to know how many WRs to keep and which ones. A one-year Nicks just complicates the situation.

Well that clinches it, we got a whole lot of Luck 'round here.

Outta be able to at least triple that count with Luck!

:funny:

If it lasts for 4 hours...you need to see a doctor immediately  :hide:  :burnout:

Is this a Matrix Neo thing? A Morpheus film joke about blue pills vs red pills?  :lol:

The blue pill isn't considered "wonderland" really? I'm surprised & shocked. A V-pill reference.  :P

"Hakeem Nicks goes down in practice, Moncrief shines in his spot." --TK24

I'm more concerned about the 1st half of that sentence. Is Nicks okay? I expect BIG things on the field from him this year. I want our proven veterans healthy & ready to go by August. 

I'm cool with Moncrief making his presence known & all, but I value Nick's leadership & experience more down the stretch actually.

For some strange reason, I have Stevie Nick's song "Stand Back" going off in my head right now. [Nicks & Nicks name reference joke] Hopefully, not a bad injury omen for INDY symbolically speaking. 

Okay, I promise no more video posts on this topic anymore. I'm just in a goofy mood right now. Sorry TK I can't help it.  ;)

Oh yes, I absolutely did. I have had NFL Sunday Ticket for the past 12 years (except for the Peyton injury season).

No you don't.

The next time you make a good post will be the first time.

This is why I love that Grigs landed WR Nicks...His "Championship" mind set. Nice! Okay, I love his enormous wingspan & catch radius too. I can't lie. 

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/Hakeem-Nicks-Championship-atmosphere/2b60e278-b55d-4f90-b7ae-607c4275cc37

All is right with the world again. Reggie is back baby! Sweet! When that INDY reporter asked Reggie, "How's it feel right now [His knee] & is it gonna rain?" I laughed my butt off. LOL! 

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/Reggie-Wayne-I-feel-great/af0b5f24-1ef8-4c11-b2cc-4be046d520a6

To quote the movie "Revenge Of The Nerds": "This is gonna be a great year!" Sounds spectacular to me man. I can feel it.  :thmup:

Off topic...I am watching TE Dallas Clark's retirement press conference right now on the main Colts site as we speak & I will leave my impressions of it afterward. #44 was just so awesome! 

"I'll be back" to quote Arnold Schwarzenegger AKA the Terminator...

Off topic...I am watching TE Dallas Clark's retirement press conference right now on the main Colts site as we speak & I will leave my impressions of it afterward. #44 was just so awesome! 

"I'll be back" to quote Arnold Schwarzenegger AKA the Terminator...

A fantastic speech Dallas. So gracious, so humble, so authentic. Yes, you are a Colt & yes are are special too. 1 of a kind in fact. 

Dallas covered all the right bases & he clearly knows how to work a room & pull at your heart strings. I almost cried myself & yes I am secure enough in my masculinity to admit that publicly. Let's review shall we: Dallas thanked the owner [Nice to see Jim doing well BTW],  the medical staff, the strength & conditioning staff, the fans, his Iowa college football staff, GM Bill Polian, WR Reggie Wayne, QB Peyton Manning, his wife, his kids, Jeff Saturday, his grandma, his mother [RIP & thank you for raising a son with such great character & discipline], & Bob Kravitz a reporter not even present. 

Dallas also injected humor with hip pad stories, egg roll neck equipment stories, & HC Jim Mora & Tony Dungy stories. I do have 1 minor complaint though: Since you mentioned everybody else, how come you forgot to praise the cafeteria staff, the laundry staff, the janitorial staff, & the LOS security staff?  :funny:  Just messing with you Dallas! I love you man! Only teasing dude. 

I love it when guys get emotional at retirement ceremonies because it means they are sincere in their love for INDY & her loyal, steadfast fans & we, in turn, love Dallas Clark right back. When Reggie Wayne walks away from this great game, I'm gonna be a mess for a week maybe more. I don't even wanna contemplate that sad day yet. Way too early for that right now. 

Dallas is "Simply The Best" to quote singer Tina Turner. I wish you nothing but happiness & good fortunate in whatever endeavor you decide to pursue next Dallas.  :hat:

Whenever I do a video tribute for someone that means I hold that individual in the highest esteem possible & Dallas has more than earned this elite honor in my estimation. Congrats Dallas! 

The next time you make a good post will be the first time.

Oh, you mean like the mindless cheerleader posts saying everything Colts is wonderful, wonderful, wonderful?

I express my opinion and put it out here.

Please have the stones to express your opinion on the topic without getting personal or resorting to dumb juvenile comments.  We have enough teenage male mental midget mentalities on this board.

Oh, you mean like the mindless cheerleader posts saying everything Colts is wonderful, wonderful, wonderful?

I express my opinion and put it out here.

Please have the stones to express your opinion on the topic without getting personal or resorting to dumb juvenile comments.  We have enough teenage male mental midget mentalities on this board.

It was an irrelevant and dumb response to someone who was asking about Nicks' supposed injury in camp.

Ho, ho, ho.

Direct TV has a long-standing deal with one of the cable companies up here...I get it thru a yearly subscription.

It was just a joke my man.  And I will say I agree in part about Nicks... I don't think the Colts should have signed him to begin with.  Now that he's here, I don't see the benefit of releasing him though, let things shake out in camp.

I would have expected Rogers to get snaps in Nicks' place this early in the year -- I wonder if he was getting any or if Moncrief was getting reps instead of Rogers -- it is probably too early for this to mean anything, but I hope it doesn't mean Rogers didn't make large improvements in the off-season.

I would have expected Rogers to get snaps in Nicks' place this early in the year -- I wonder if he was getting any or if Moncrief was getting reps instead of Rogers -- it is probably too early for this to mean anything, but I hope it doesn't mean Rogers didn't make large improvements in the off-season.

That would fit the pattern with Rogers. He seemed to be on board for us last year, but the Bills waived him reportedly because he wasn't showing the effort they wanted to see. 

That would fit the pattern with Rogers. He seemed to be on board for us last year, but the Bills waived him reportedly because he wasn't showing the effort they wanted to see. 

I know he had his troubles off the field and with his attitude in college and then heard in Buffalo he was a bit lazy during training camp -- he has a lot of talent, and I remember Pagano's press conference after we signed him -- basically saying he was on a very short leash and we wouldn't tolerate him making off-field mistakes or being lazy in practice.  I read somewhere that Rogers put on 7 lbs. of muscle this off-season and has been spending tons of time working on his routes and watching film.  Hopefully this is the case -- and who knows, Rogers, Brazzill and Whalen all could have been getting reps with the first team but Moncrief might have just gotten tweeted about because he is a rookie or because he made an acrobatic catch.

I am fully expecting Rogers to make this team and to contribute to our offense this season -- granted, he would have had to put in the work this offseason and continue to do so in camp -- but talent and size wise a 5 WR set with Reggie, TY, Nicks, Moncrief, and Rogers has to be very scary for opposing defenses (3 big guys in Nicks, Rogers, and Moncrief -- 2 guys running sub 4.4 forty's in Moncrief and TY-- and potential future HOF Reggie Wayne). I don't ever remember a time when we have had this much potential on our WR staff and certainly never remember when we've been this big and this fast (I truly think this group can challenge the days of Marvin, Reggie and Stokely -- especially when you consider we've got Fleener and Allen in the mix as TE's).