Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sheldon Price our CB of the future?

akcolt

My guess is Pags and Grigs see something in this kid and don't think they are at all ignorant about the game.The press are getting on the Colts bandwagon ,even predicting Super Bowl ,for no reason ? I think not ,Ive got those expectations myself !

My guess is Pags and Grigs see something in this kid and don't think they are at all ignorant about the game.The press are getting on the Colts bandwagon ,even predicting Super Bowl ,for no reason ? I think not ,Ive got those expectations myself !

Just say no to major injuries Brother!!

Just say no to major injuries Brother!!

Agreed Brother ,that's why we need to develop depth and we may have turned that corner .Training camp and preseason should tell us that as well.Hopefully we enter this season healthy . :thmup:

Agreed Brother ,that's why we need to develop depth and we may have turned that corner .Training camp and preseason should tell us that as well.Hopefully we enter this season healthy . :thmup:

And back to topic...we will not know what Price has in store until we can put the old eye test to him.....

Why didn't you post the "weaknesses" from your link.

"WEAKNESSES

Lean build, must prove he can handle the physicality of NFL receivers in coverage and against the run. Needs to prove he has recovery and straight-line speed to be a reliable starter. Height can be a disadvantage against quicker receivers, gets high and leans back in his pedal at times, allowing his man to get separation at the top of their route. Gives too much cushion on occasion when playing off. Fails to break down on his tackles, will need to crank up the intensity to bring down NFL receivers up top. Gets overly physical downfield at times, especially when behind a step, drawing penalty flags."

I was building him up the link was there for weaknesses and then I would have posted the entire link. Trying to keep it positive

Strengths

Has prototypical height for an outside corner. Matches up well with tall receivers with his length, can use those long arms to press off the line, maintain contact down the sideline, and knock away passes in front of his man without interfering. Also wraps his long arms around receivers quickly after the catch to drag them down. Possesses enough short-area foot quickness to stay with receivers on inside and outside routes when playing on the line. Succeeds in playing the ball and making tackles in trail coverage. Good hip flexibility for his size, can turn-and-run with most receivers when in balance. Flashes excellent ball skills, can extend from his frame to bring in poor throws for the interception whether in man or zone.           Only fair we post this and the intangibles hes learned in his year with our coaches . :thmsup:

Why didn't you post the "weaknesses" from your link.

"WEAKNESSES

Lean build, must prove he can handle the physicality of NFL receivers in coverage and against the run. Needs to prove he has recovery and straight-line speed to be a reliable starter. Height can be a disadvantage against quicker receivers, gets high and leans back in his pedal at times, allowing his man to get separation at the top of their route. Gives too much cushion on occasion when playing off. Fails to break down on his tackles, will need to crank up the intensity to bring down NFL receivers up top. Gets overly physical downfield at times, especially when behind a step, drawing penalty flags."

Basically strengths=great measurables. Weaknesses=doesn't have good technique or recovery.

Price was absolutely terrible in last year's pre-season, and at that time I was surprised he made the team.  In particular, the Buffalo Bills preseason game that I attended.  He was totally lost.

Our very own Da'Rick Rogers put a Harlem shake on Price for a red zone TD in that game. Excellent route by Rogers, and poor footwork by Price.

I wonder if Jeremy Kelley is still going to he the future of wr position for us.

I don't think he's still on the team.  But I think that is very shortsighted of the Colts.  I mean what if; Wayne, Nicks, Hilton, Whalen, Brazill, Rogers, Moncrief, Lenz, Lankford, Thomas and Washington all get hurt... then what are the Colts going to do?  That's what drives me nuts about this FO they never have a contingency plan. ;)

I don't think he's still on the team. But I think that is very shortsighted of the Colts. I mean what if; Wayne, Nicks, Hilton, Whalen, Brazill, Rogers, Moncrief, Lenz, Lankford, Thomas and Washington all get hurt... then what are the Colts going to do? That's what drives me nuts about this FO they never have a contingency plan. ;)

But he's 6'6 and runs 4.3 40. Surely he can just simply "learn" the nuances of the receiver position. I expect him to start eventually...

I don't think he's still on the team.  But I think that is very shortsighted of the Colts.  I mean what if; Wayne, Nicks, Hilton, Whalen, Brazill, Rogers, Moncrief, Lenz, Lankford, Thomas and Washington all get hurt... then what are the Colts going to do?  That's what drives me nuts about this FO they never have a contingency plan. ;)

As info, Kelley did not make the team because he dropped passes in warm ups.  Simply awful....

Posted · Hidden by Superman, June 8, 2014 - off topic argument
Hidden by Superman, June 8, 2014 - off topic argument

Congratulations!

Yours might be one of the worst posts I've seen in my two years here.    And what makes it even better is that you insulted another poster and called him stupid.

You haven't posted much in the time since you joined which is more than a year.   Maybe you should re-think your approach.

What a spectacularly foolish post you made.   Good luck making friends and influencing people.....

Lol catching feelings over someone isn't good at their job? Get over it dude is not good period what is wrong with you? Yeah I called dude stupid because he back tracked om his original statement but to each it's own if you believe in him then go head you'll be looking stupid when price is no impact on this defense

Maybe you can find someone to read for you seems you know a lot about trash do us all a favor climb back inside the can

Not as wack as this weak reply shut your mouth while grown folks are talking

Don't tell me what to do after your ignorant responses.  You are the one that looks incredibly stupid.

Grigson said he progressed well last year.  Thus he is still on the team.

I was the one above that said he had zero clue last preseason.  

All you do is make worthless snide comments.....please go back to your hole.

If grigs told you the sky is brown you are probably that gullible to believe him now pay attention to stuff that really matters like players who have a better chance making the team

Lol catching feelings over someone isn't good at their job? Get over it dude is not good period what is wrong with you? Yeah I called dude stupid because he back tracked om his original statement but to each it's own if you believe in him then go head you'll be looking stupid when price is no impact on this defense

I can't tell if English is a 2nd language for you, or maybe a 3rd?    I'm certainly hoping it's not your first language.    I'm having trouble reading whatever it is you're trying to say.  

Not that I care.

You embarrassed yourself with your first post in this series,  and you've only embarrassed yourself further with the rest of your posts.

Good luck trying to get anyone to take anything you say seriously in the future.

And for the record, I didn't predict Price would be good, or impact in our defense.    I'm only saying you don't know what you think you do......   and it's not even close.

For the life of me I'll never understand what people like you show up making rude and unfriendly posts and expect anyone to respect what you have to say.....

I can't tell if English is a 2nd language for you, or maybe a 3rd?    I'm certainly hoping it's not your first language.    I'm having trouble reading whatever it is you're trying to say.  

Not that I care.

You embarrassed yourself with your first post in this series,  and you've only embarrassed yourself further with the rest of your posts.

Good luck trying to get anyone to take anything you say seriously in the future.

And for the record, I didn't predict Price would be good, or impact in our defense.    I'm only saying you don't know what you think you do......   and it's not even close.

For the life of me I'll never understand what people like you show up making rude and unfriendly posts and expect anyone to respect what you have to say.....

Not that you care but you took time to reply? Lol that makes sense look if you have problem with me calling price trash just say so all this weak dry humor doesn't work I could care less about you respecting what I say or not if you don't like it log off or ignore it plain and simple I'm not here to make friends I'm here to discuss colts football that's why it's called "colts forum "duh stop crying and talk about the topic at hand

Not that you care but you took time to reply? Lol that makes sense look if you have problem with me calling price trash just say so all this weak dry humor doesn't work I could care less about you respecting what I say or not if you don't like it log off or ignore it plain and simple I'm not here to make friends I'm here to discuss colts football that's why it's called "colts forum "duh stop crying and talk about the topic at hand

That's the point that you're still missing.

You're not here to talk about Colts football.

You're hear to tell other people how stupid they are and how smart you are.

Like I said,  good luck getting anyone around here taking anything you have to say seriously.........

MOD NOTE:

I just removed a bunch of off-topic bickering from this thread. Please refer to the rules for reminders about our guidelines, like avoiding name-calling and not posting in a rude and inflammatory manner. 

Thanks.

Yes...first time I have been angry in awhile....glad the new ones I did not read got deleted.  :)  Thanks Sup.

I WAS mellowing in mine....but... :)

It did seem a bit out of character for you.

Anyways back on topic.  From reading this forum it appears that the Colts will be the first team in NFL history to field a team of mostly diamond in the rough UDFA and be successful because for some reason they are the only ones capable of finding star NFL talent and not have to waste draft picks to get them.