Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster moves that you wish you can "undo" (FUN ONLY)

rock8591

I'm a Saban fan, so I watch a lot of Bama. Richardson was overrated in college too. Those ypc wwnt down vs lsu and other good defenses. He's nowhere near the talent of Yeldon and Henry. Those guys are gamebreakers.

And truth be told, Ingram has displayed way better runningback instincts. That says more about Richardson. It was a reason he was a backup when Ingram was there.

I disagree TRich was a backup because "Ingram displayed better running back instincts". Saban almost always plays the veteran over the rookie. It went from Ingram to Richardson to Lacey to Yeldon and eventually Henry. I think Henry is better than Yeldon based on physical gifts but the majority of touches will go to the veteran like always. Richardson was the best running back prospect since McFadden (people that say AP forget just how good a prospect McFadden was). Richardson was dominant and the only running back that compared was Lattimore who unfortunately got hurt. Yeldon is considered between the second and fifth best running back in this year which is hardly considered a gamebreaker/changer like TRich was considered.

I disagree TRich was a backup because "Ingram displayed better running back instincts". Saban almost always plays the veteran over the rookie. It went from Ingram to Richardson to Lacey to Yeldon and eventually Henry. I think Henry is better than Yeldon based on physical gifts but the majority of touches will go to the veteran like always. Richardson was the best running back prospect since McFadden (people that say AP forget just how good a prospect McFadden was). Richardson was dominant and the only running back that compared was Lattimore who unfortunately got hurt. Yeldon is considered between the second and fifth best running back in this year which is hardly considered a gamebreaker/changer like TRich was considered.

Dude, in no way was Trent Richardson a better prospect or overall talent than Yeldon. Yeldon has better patience, vision, speed, quickness, route running, and he's pretty big himself.

The fact that he was drafted 4 overall and traded after 1 yr Should've been a huge red flag.

Lynch played 4 seasons in Buff. Richardson played 1 season in Cle and a couple of gms the next season. They saw nothing in him. Lynch was not a top 5 pick.

When Lynch was healthy and focused in Buff, he was a 1000yrd rusher and avg 4ypc.

Lynch was drafted 12th, but there are similarities there.

Dude, in no way was Trent Richardson a better prospect or overall talent than Yeldon. Yeldon has better patience, vision, speed, quickness, route running, and he's pretty big himself.

The fact that he was drafted 4 overall and traded after 1 yr Should've been a huge red flag.

The fact that he was traded has nothing to do with him as a draft prospect. Even if you believe he is a bust, he was certainly a better prospect than Yeadon which is evidenced by the fact he was drafted at 4. Of the three Alabama rushers in the league, only Lacey has a really good set of circumstances. All of the Colts lineman are suited for a ZBS so I anticipate trying to incorporate that since that's where Richardson excels and is comfortable.

It wouldn't have worked out to well last year but Freeney would be helpful right about now.

On passing situations yes. But 1st & 2nd down running plays? No

Freeney can stay right where he is in San Diego, Indy is no longer the place for him

Thanks for the memories, but we all know all good things must come to an end

He was too expensive.

He will shine in San Fran, because that defense is pretty basic, he won't be ask to do as much as he did while he was with the colts.

I like him, but it was time for him to move on.

I have to agree all though Bethea was one of my all time Colt favorites. Polian might have given him a four year extension.

The fact that he was traded has nothing to do with him as a draft prospect. Even if you believe he is a bust, he was certainly a better prospect than Yeadon which is evidenced by the fact he was drafted at 4. Of the three Alabama rushers in the league, only Lacey has a really good set of circumstances. All of the Colts lineman are suited for a ZBS so I anticipate trying to incorporate that since that's where Richardson excels and is comfortable.

And Knowshawn was a better prospect than Shady McCoy. Some of these evaluators fall in love with big names. Yeldon does everything better than Trent Richardson, but wont have his stats due to splitting carries

Letting Jerome Felton walk. If we're looking back and saying 'Guy X turned out great, even though no one thought he would', then I think Felton fits. Obviously he had little to no use for Arians, but if we're looking back and applying it all to today, holding him over for Pep would be wise.

The ignorance is strong in this one...

I think '1yard' may be on to something. ,In 2 yrs., T-rich's best ypc was 3.6 and his longest carry was 32 yds. In those same two years, Donald's best was over 5ypc and a  51T. T-rich's longest reception was 27yds. Donald's was a 33T.

T-rich's 11 rushing TD's with Cleveland would indicate getting the rock a great many times near the goal line. It also most certainly lowered his ypc. Maybe the best indicator would be if someone could figure out the stats between the 20's for the last two years. Could be that T-rich is a relatively fast FB or an average RB with power.