Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster moves that you wish you can "undo" (FUN ONLY)

rock8591

Don't reach too much...but just go for gut reactions.

***FUN ONLY***

1st round pick for Trent Richardson

2013 draft - Bjorn Werner (Kiko Alonso)

2013 offseason - Jerry Hughes for Kelvin Shepherd

2011 draft - Anthony Castonzo (Mohamed Wilkerson), Ben Ijalana (Justin Houston), Drake Nevis (Richard Sherman)

2010 draft - Pat Angerer (Cam Chancellor), rounds 3-5 (Greg Hardy)

Imagine our lineup on D.

DE: Mohamed Wilkerson

NT: Arthur Jones

DE: Greg Hardy

OLB: Robert Mathis, Jerry Hughes

OLB: Justin Houston

MLB: Jerrell Freeman

MLB: Kiko Alonso

CB: Richard Sherman

CB: Vontae Davis

S: Kam Chancellor

S: Laron Landry

and...

2012 NFL Draft - Andrew Luck (Chandler Harnish)

:D

Don't reach too much...but just go for gut reactions.

***FUN ONLY***

1st round pick for Trent Richardson

2013 draft - Bjorn Werner (Kiko Alonso)

2013 offseason - Jerry Hughes for Kelvin Shepherd

2011 draft - Anthony Castonzo (Mohamed Wilkerson), Ben Ijalana (Justin Houston), Drake Nevis (Richard Sherman)

2010 draft - Pat Angerer (Cam Chancellor), rounds 3-5 (Greg Hardy)

Imagine our lineup on D.

DE: Mohamed Wilkerson

NT: Arthur Jones

DE: Greg Hardy

OLB: Robert Mathis, Jerry Hughes

OLB: Justin Houston

MLB: Jerrell Freeman

MLB: Kiko Alonso

CB: Richard Sherman

CB: Vontae Davis

S: Kam Chancellor

S: Laron Landry

and...

2012 NFL Draft - Andrew Luck (Chandler Harnish)

:D

In your fantasy our offensive line manages to get even worse.

Caution: GIF may cause seizures

tumblr_mqdckg70fC1sqhsqco1_400.gif

Greg Hardy is a 4-3 DE, he wouldn't be playing DE in a 3-4 I wouldn't think, even though he is around 290. I agree on the past drafts. I've looked into it before. Can you imagine if we had drafted Wilkerson, Houston, and Sherman? Nobody would beat us. On the Werner pick I would have traded back and got a 2nd and 3rd, and drafted Lacy and Warford. I would have to look at the rest to decide. I don't remember where Mathieu went in the 3rd so....

Oldie but mine

Releasing Ken Dilger

Didn't Clark take his spot? That was an upgrade we had Dilger for 7 seasons plus he got a ring in Tampa Bay can't feel that bad for him. It stinks when our guys get moved regardless of situation.

I think more recently mine is Werner just don't get that pick hopefully I will this season but I am apprehensive. Why that dude in the first?

I think with Trent you throw last year out look at his rookie numbers facing 9 in the box he improves on those we are good. He should with a year in the system he was a can't miss coming out

Kam and Sherman are products of the system. Hardy has more weapons than the US army, Houston had character issues coming out, what's more important than a LT?, not counting TRich out yet, we are just fine at MLB... It's not like Kiko is the next Patrick Willis.

What if we took one of these players say Houston over the scrub Tackle, does Houston win us more games in 2011-2012 and do we miss out on Andrew?

I have no complains about this team.

But since this is all for fun.... I'll pick the obvious. Houston, Sherman, and Kam.

Greg Hardy is a 4-3 DE, he wouldn't be playing DE in a 3-4 I wouldn't think, even though he is around 290. I agree on the past drafts. I've looked into it before. Can you imagine if we had drafted Wilkerson, Houston, and Sherman? Nobody would beat us. On the Werner pick I would have traded back and got a 2nd and 3rd, and drafted Lacy and Warford. I would have to look at the rest to decide. I don't remember where Mathieu went in the 3rd so....

69th overall. God, I am so immature. xD

Popular one here but Richardson for the 1st rounder.

While I want to like Richardson and think he will be a productive player for us in the next few years, I really didn't think our run game was that bad. I'm a big fan of Ballard and Bradshaw, when they went down I thought we would tackle the problem by looking in house "next man up" mentality with people like Brown or even bring in familiar running back options from free agency, like one of those UDFA's who we always send to the PS or even let Havilli have more carries. 

With the 1st round pick I would have traded down to try and gain a large amount of lower round picks over the next few years.

Now i'm optimistic about TRich and feel that him along with Ballard and Bradshaw could all have the potential to be 1000 yard/10 TD backs. But had I to undo one of the roster moves it would have to be that one.

Didn't Clark take his spot? That was an upgrade we had Dilger for 7 seasons plus he got a ring in Tampa Bay can't feel that bad for him. It stinks when our guys get moved regardless of situation.

I think more recently mine is Werner just don't get that pick hopefully I will this season but I am apprehensive. Why that dude in the first?

I think with Trent you throw last year out look at his rookie numbers facing 9 in the box he improves on those we are good. He should with a year in the system he was a can't miss coming out

My Uncle worked with Kenny doing his high school days and he was the reason why I became a diehard Colt fan

As a fan since 70', I could not be happier than the approach, aggressiveness, and choices made by the current administration. I don't like to picky pick in retro....just not my style. I like to take the whole enchilada at it's entirety. Considering the roster turnover, the changing of systems, and the injuries....the job done has been masterful. 

Hola!

LOL @ the Trent fans. That guy is horrible. He was a horrible prospect coming out of college. I never got the hype. And he averaged under 4ypc his rookie year too. I blame fantasy football for people thinking he's a good runningback. He had dbl digit tds as a rookie and people convinced themselves he's a star. He's a fullback that doesnt realize his true position

LOL @ the Trent fans. That guy is horrible. He was a horrible prospect coming out of college. I never got the hype. And he averaged under 4ypc his rookie year too. I blame fantasy football for people thinking he's a good runningback. He had dbl digit tds as a rookie and people convinced themselves he's a star. He's a fullback that doesnt realize his true position

this post could win most arrogant of the offseason

The ignorance is strong in this one...

TRich was excellent at Alabama. Even in Richardson's freshman year when he spelled Ingram, he was clearly the better back. You can use the "Alabama offensive line makes the backs" argument but Eddie Lacy, who had a terrific rookie season, was nowhere near as good a back at Alabama as TRich.

It's a mental block for TRich. We need the lights to turn on for him because he has the talent to be a top RB.

Personally, I would've chosen Vontaze Burfict as Mr Irrelevant instead of Chandler Harnish. I know that seems small but we would've had an answer at ILB instead of a player that at best case scenario is a below average backup.

Wouldn't have needed a back up QB if we had drafted Brady instead of Matt Johnson.

As a fan since 70', I could not be happier than the approach, aggressiveness, and choices made by the current administration. I don't like to picky pick in retro....just not my style. I like to take the whole enchilada at it's entirety. Considering the roster turnover, the changing of systems, and the injuries....the job done has been masterful. 

Hola!

My thoughts exactly!

letting bethea walk away! no way would i do that knowing it would leave a hole at safety. i know this is only for fun but still. yeah he had a down year last year but still think he is an upgrade over what we got at that position right now

He was too expensive.

He will shine in San Fran, because that defense is pretty basic, he won't be ask to do as much as he did while he was with the colts.

I like him, but it was time for him to move on.

Popular one here but Richardson for the 1st rounder.

While I want to like Richardson and think he will be a productive player for us in the next few years, I really didn't think our run game was that bad. I'm a big fan of Ballard and Bradshaw, when they went down I thought we would tackle the problem by looking in house "next man up" mentality with people like Brown or even bring in familiar running back options from free agency, like one of those UDFA's who we always send to the PS or even let Havilli have more carries. 

With the 1st round pick I would have traded down to try and gain a large amount of lower round picks over the next few years.

Now i'm optimistic about TRich and feel that him along with Ballard and Bradshaw could all have the potential to be 1000 yard/10 TD backs. But had I to undo one of the roster moves it would have to be that one.

our last 1st round pick was Werner careful what you wish for

ok ill play arm chair GM. I will begin by saying i love TRich, i think he is a outstanding RB.

His issues last year can easily be thrown out because of many issues

-joining a brand new team mid season, having to learn a new system, gel with new players, new coaches, new playbook, new everything. Anybody that thinks this is easy has probably never done anything hard in their life.

-Accepting the fact that the team that drafted you #3 overall 1 year prior just showed you the door

-We have never had a very good running game (mostly due to a consistently bad Oline in my opinion). Edge was good but still wasnt really top tier. I think Trent is putting to much weight on his shoulders with the whole (PEPs Power run philosophy)

He needs to just relax and do it right.

All in all though i dont think it was worth a 1st round pick. I honestly believe if grigsons would have held out on the trade for a awhile we could have gotten him for less...maybe a 2 and next years 4..something like that.

Point being Trent is great and i hope he will be great but Grigs pulled the trigger to fast

TRich was excellent at Alabama. Even in Richardson's freshman year when he spelled Ingram, he was clearly the better back. You can use the "Alabama offensive line makes the backs" argument but Eddie Lacy, who had a terrific rookie season, was nowhere near as good a back at Alabama as TRich.

It's a mental block for TRich. We need the lights to turn on for him because he has the talent to be a top RB.

I'm a Saban fan, so I watch a lot of Bama. Richardson was overrated in college too. Those ypc wwnt down vs lsu and other good defenses. He's nowhere near the talent of Yeldon and Henry. Those guys are gamebreakers.

And truth be told, Ingram has displayed way better runningback instincts. That says more about Richardson. It was a reason he was a backup when Ingram was there.