Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just for the fun of it...

If we had 26 i would have traded our 3rd so we could pick up Calvin Pryor, or failing that, Clinton-Dix. Both are good in coverage and against the run. I prefer Pryor because he is a lights out hitter too.

Maybe trade down our 2nd to pick up a later second and a third, or maybe two thirds. We could have still picked up Moncrief and two lineman. Maybe Mewhort would still be available.

I would have picked up Jack Mewhort.

Then I would have gotten Donte Moncrief in the second, Jonathan Newsome in the third, Andrew Jackson in the fifth, Ulrick John in the sixth, and Jonotthan Harrison in the seventh...

Oh wait, OUR TEAM IS STILL THE SAME!?!

OK, you are the Colts GM and we never traded our 1st rounder.

Who would you have picked at 26?

I am going to say Jimmie Ward, but I do not follow College Ball so my pick isn't worth much.

Based on what i think our GM knows about our Roster, Xavier Su'a-Filo would have been his/my pick.

I would have selected Xavier Su'a-Filo with the first round pick and then taken Terrance Brooks with the 2nd round pick.  

Therefore fulfilling the needs on O-line and safety.  

That's the Hindsight is 20/20 pick because I can look at the draft and know that Brooks is available there in the 2nd.

Now had it been me on draft day with no advantage of Hindsight I would have likely pulled the trigger on Ward or tried to trade down.

I suppose if I pulled the trigger on Ward then I would have gone with Mewhart or Gabe Jackson in the 2nd.

Marcus Smith would have been a very solid pick for us at 26 and might not be as overdrafted as initially thought when you consider AZ @ 27 and their pass rushing needs.  It's easy to see why Philly jumped as there are no obvious 1st Rd'ers left on the board after Dennard goes to Cincy.  

Trading up with Philly to 22 and selecting Dennard is probably a good option for us from 26 as well - but that means giving up Moncrief so its a no go for me.  Moncrief is a brilliant pick. 

Ultimately, the scenario I like best if we still had 26 is to trade back to about to 35 or 40 and snatch Jordan Matthews, then pick Mewhort at 59, Terrence Brooks at about 75 (acquired via trade) and Jaylen Watkins at 90.

Marcus Smith would have been a very solid pick for us at 26 and might not be as overdrafted as initially thought when you consider AZ @ 27 and their pass rushing needs.  It's easy to see why Philly jumped as there are no obvious 1st Rd'ers left on the board after Dennard goes to Cincy.  

Trading up with Philly to 22 and selecting Dennard is probably a good option for us from 26 as well - but that means giving up Moncrief so its a no go for me.  Moncrief is a brilliant pick. 

Ultimately, the scenario I like best if we still had 26 is to trade back to about to 35 or 40 and snatch Jordan Matthews, then pick Mewhort at 59, Terrence Brooks at about 75 (acquired via trade) and Jaylen Watkins at 90.

I would have taken Smith if he were there. Not sure why people thought he was a reach

I would see about trading back with San Francisco (since they were interested in him) to pick up a 4th round pick. Then I would trade back with the Cowboys for their 3rd round pick (same trade they made with Redskins).

47.) Jeremiah Attaochu

59.) Jack Mewhort

78.) Louis Nix

90.) Donte Moncrief

129.) Brock Vereen