Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who is your favorite College Free Agent Signing

PrincetonTiger

Zach Kerr. I thought he was going to be a 3rd round pick.

I had him in the 6th because of how some look at players from small schools, Talent wise 4th rounder to me, I just hope we dont stick him at the Nose and and ask him to hold his ground all the time, He shoots gaps well

I see Swoopesas an Adongo type player meaning stash and develop

I wouldn't stash him at all, I'd give him a set number of plays designed for him to learn....His own package, See what he can do in that package and increase what he learns from there

I wouldn't stash him at all, I'd give him a set number of plays designed for him to learn....His own package, See what he can do in that package and increase what he learns from there

Dude, you pretty much have to stash him. The guy's never played football, he's not just gonna come in and be able to play. He has to learn the game first.

Dude, you pretty much have to stash him. The guy's never played football, he's not just gonna come in and be able to play. He has to learn the game first.

He wouldn't be the first, Antonio Gates was the same way, Just teach him the route tree and give him a package and see what he can do in a limited number of plays, If it dont work then so be it but at least we would know during live game action and not practice

He wouldn't be the first, Antonio Gates was the same way, Just teach him the route tree and give him a package and see what he can do in a limited number of plays, If it dont work then so be it but at least we would know during live game action and not practice

Gates had played football before Swoopes has not

Dewey Mcdonald. We have no depth at safety and Howell is coming off a major injury. I think he has a good chance of making the 53. 

I like Qua Cox as well, good man coverage CB. Can play on the outside and in the slot, make plays on the ball. The only concern is his size but he seems to play good vs bigger WR's. 

The 2 corner back's  Qua Cox and Keon Lyn and Zach Kerr is a big guy. . Lyn was supposed to be a top 50 CB before injury

and Cox looks promising too. I like a lot of the signings 

We brought in a lot of O LIne too should be a good training camp.

I want to put this guy out here a little more.  We picked up Keon Lyn from Syracuse, I watched a couple clips of this guy and I have to say that I liked a lot of it. This dude seems to be very competitive, hard nosed tackler, good size and appears to have good cover skills.  I have to watch a little bit more tape, but everything I've seen so far makes me think he could make our team as well. So out of the UDFA in the secondary I'm paying a lot of attention to Cox, Mcdonald, and Lyn.

My online research shows these players have pretty good skills for UDFA

S -Dewey McDonald - looks like he has a chance at a need position of safety

CB - Keon Lyn - good sized CB from a good program

NT - Zack Kerr - active NT, we already have Chapman, Mont Hughes, Art Jones.  Competes with Pendleton who looked decent

last years, has a chance.  Plus Hughes and Jones may play some DE to open up playing time.

CB - Qua Cox - chance to make squad and add depth.  Jackson St puts players in the NFL.

WR - Greg Moore - tall WR, had academic issues, but still had some Division I offers but chose Lane.

OG - Marcus Hall - started on same OL as our #2 Mewhort.  Has a altercation incident against Michigan to include given the

finger with both hands as walked out after being ejected.  Said he got caught in the moment against rival Michigan.  Gets a chance

with Colts,

Highlights look pretty good.  Is it possible to have Mewhort starting at LG and Hall starting a RG?

C - Jonathan Harrison - following the Pouncey brothers, he must be decent at least and could add depth and compete for a starting job.

What I didn't like was a question why his Florida team could not run up the middle against Miami.

QB - Caleb Cox.  Interesting, Randall Cunningham from the same UNLV said Cox is really flying under the radar and would draft

him.  At 6-3 209, with a good TD/int ratio and good running stats, had big wins too. Thought he may be considered for a

position switch to safety but his 4.9 40 is too slow, unless that is an error, I think it might be because he is a good running

QB. 

GM Grigson brings up a good point.  Fans like us/me don't know what they know.  I only have the intel of magazines and internet.  The have that and I bet they do look at the same magazines, but they have scouts, more films, go and workout players, go speak and the player to dinner to get to know his personality, speak with players college coaches, etc.

So when I see we passed on Lindy's Draft Magazines #1 DT Louis Nix to take Mewhort, I have to take the above into consideration.

Dewey Mcdonald. Here's why. Look at his game film there a quite a few videos on youtube. Yes, I get he went to a small school. But that being said he hits hard, has great speed with a I think 4.45 40. He has great vision, always has site of the ball and takes great routes to cut off a run or block/intercept a pass. His SR year has 3 interceptions all for TD's and he is also a Special Teams guy. This kid will be a stud on our roster.