Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

canstanzo vs clowney

CR91

if you can chip him with Allen/Fleener before he gets to Costanzo, it really gets to him...

I saw that happening in the bowl game against the Badgers.. he was getting dominated by the Pedersen (Badgers TE) for a good chunk of the game 1v1 even, but most the game he was getting chipped by him

most of the highlights they show with Clowney are ones where he just runs free through the line, like someone missed a blocking assignment
He definitely is a freak talent, but hopefully for the Colts, and the rest of the AFC South, he doesn't figure it all out

if you can chip him with Allen/Fleener before he gets to Costanzo, it really gets to him...

I saw that happening in the bowl game against the Badgers.. he was getting dominated by the Pedersen (Badgers TE) for a good chunk of the game 1v1 even, but most the game he was getting chipped by him

most of the highlights they show with Clowney are ones where he just runs free through the line, like someone missed a blocking assignment

He definitely is a freak talent, but hopefully for the Colts, and the rest of the AFC South, he doesn't figure it all out

I haven't been impressed with Clowney's pass rush skills. Like you say, when they show highlights it seems like he is unblocked. I'm sure with his ability he'll develop a better stable of moves but I don't see him being great in the NFL on athleticism alone.

this should be an interesting matchup for the next 5 or so years. how do you think canstanzo will hold up

Castonzo will def hold his own, Clowney is a 1 trick pony, his best move is the inside rip doubt he gets off with Thomas there at guard and a RB to Chip him.

this should be an interesting matchup for the next 5 or so years. how do you think canstanzo will hold up

It is an interesting topic to discuss. I think it could make Castonzo better; however, Clowney will likely have some success against him. I am stating the obvious, but our tackles will be seriously tested twice a year against the Texans.

Well, it really depends on your definition of "hold up" also it's a bit early to really talk about their head to head because we have no idea how Crennel will use him.  That being said, I fully expect AC to maintain a 90-95% win ratio when he goes head to head with Clowney the first couple of years after that will depend largely on Clowney and if he has the work ethic and drive to improve his game or if he just sits back and tries to rely on his athletic ability.

But I can guarantee one thing, people on this forum will be crying about AC if he gives up a sack to Clowney, even if he easily handles him the rest of the snaps.

Clowney is probably going to destroy Castanzo.

This is hilarious.  AC has faced the likes of Ware, Suggs, Watt, Quinn, and a number of other good to great pass rushers.  And a rookie is going to destroy him... riiiight.

All in all, AC may not be the greatest LT, but he is better than most teams have.  He may give up a sack or two to Clowney during the course of a game, but by and large, he'll be just fine.