Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Raiders...

IcEWoLF

Yeah and who's their quarterback?  

I don't even care about all the rest of the stuff which BTW I havn't been that impressed by their off season moves.  

But forget all that and just answer the question. . . who's their quarterback.

You know who proved you can't make it to the playoffs with a bad quarterback.  The 2012 Kansas City Chiefs.  How many pro-bowlers did that team have on it?  And only 2 wins to show for it?  Add a limited but at least competent QB to them in Alex Smith and suddenly they are double digit winners.

Or how about the 2012 Cardinals. . . get a limited but competent QB on that team and suddenly they go from 5 wins to 11 and do it in the toughest division in all of football.

That's not to mention the 2011 Indianapolis Colts verses the 2012 variety.  

You know who else is proving you can't win without a QB.  The freaking Browns.  

Lets just see if they get a real QB under center before we consider them dangerous team.  

I don't even care about all the rest of the stuff which BTW I havn't been that impressed by their off season moves.

You know who proved you can't make it to the playoffs with a bad quarterback. The 2012 Kansas City Chiefs. How many pro-bowlers did that team have on it? And only 2 wins to show for it? Add a limited but at least competent QB to them in Alex Smith and suddenly they are double digit winners.

Or how about the 2012 Cardinals. . . get a limited but competent QB on that team and suddenly they go from 5 wins to 11 and do it in the toughest division in all of football.

You know who else is proving you can't win without a QB. The freaking Browns.

Lets just see if they get a real QB under center before we consider them dangerous team.

I agree with your post, but Icewolf can't possibly be serious. Oakland had a zillion dollars to spend this offseason. So far they've lost key veterans on both sides of the ball, brought in midlevel guys to fill out the roster, suffered that debacle with that guard from the Rams (forgot his name), AND they have no QB. They're my early favorite for the no. 1 pick next year.

I think their ineptitude may lock up an exit from Oakland in the near future.

i think if the raiders get blake bortles they will have the best of the rookie qb's and they have made some great moves this offseason except for the move for roger saffold that was hilarious but they've added solid defensive starters in justin tuck and tarrel brown as well as lamarr woodley i think they will have a solid team next year if they go 8-8 or better i won't be suprised

It's always hard to say whether free agent signings are good signings until they start playing.  Even on these forums, we make assumptions about what a Colts FA will do but we never really know until we know.  All you can really do is address your needs with the intent of spending wisely.  With the Raiders, they have so many needs that they are addressing them, several seem to be stop gap, which is okay.  But they have to get better drafting.  Their picks haven't seen a whole lot of playing time and the ones that have, have struggled (DJ Hayden).  I'm not sure how good McKenzie is as GM.  Frankly, I don't follow them very closely like I do the Colts.  But McKenzie inherited a mess that was going to take several years to right the ship.  It starts with the draft, and I don't knwo about you, but I'm not convinced he's drafted well.

They have been making all the right moves this offseason, and their team actually looks really good this year! They may impose some trouble for the AFC west. Could this be the year that the Raiders make it to the playoffs?

They've had the WORST off-season of any team and they had the MOST money to spend.  Their off-season has been a disaster!

Perhaps you're new to America, or new to football?

I have a feeling the Raiders are only signing people because they have to spend a certain amount of money... and they are not looking for top tier talent. They tried for Saffold, but he failed their physical. The Rams gave him a huge contract though.

nfl_a_57-aldavis_576.jpg

Pryor looked good last season...

And the Raiders have had an AWFUL off-season so far!

Am I just getting trolled super hard in this thread?!  :scratch:

7 TD's, 11INT's and 7 fumbles, he was horrible. What do you mean good?

It's been an interesting Free Agency period for the Raiders, started bad with not FT Houston or Veldheer and then the whole Saffold fiasco. I do think things got better after that (how could it not) in the picks up they made, not superstars by any means but at least solid proven mid-level guys and they do still have the draft to go to (maybe) roll the dice on a QB. The problem is the only foundation pieces they had to work with they've let walk so they really are starting from scratch, it's not going to be a quick rebuild even with the stupid amount of cap they have had. 

You know who proved you can't make it to the playoffs with a bad quarterback.  The 2012 Kansas City Chiefs.  How many pro-bowlers did that team have on it?  And only 2 wins to show for it?  Add a limited but at least competent QB to them in Alex Smith and suddenly they are double digit winners.

You know who else is proving you can't win without a QB.  The freaking Browns.  

Schaub didn't even start most of last season. You want to talk about those two wins, the Texans all around were a very bad team. He still some how managed to out play the other QB's while everyone wants to nail him to the cross for it.

Schaub didn't even start most of last season. You want to talk about those two wins, the Texans all around were a very bad team. He still some how managed to out play the other QB's while everyone wants to nail him to the cross for it.

For the record the post I made was prior to the Raiders trading for Schaub.  

They've had the WORST off-season of any team and they had the MOST money to spend.  Their off-season has been a disaster!

Perhaps you're new to America, or new to football?

This is exactly what I thought. I don't know what this Icewolf guy is smoking, but the Raiders have done absolutely nothing this offseason to improve themselves. In fact, they have probably gotten even worse and that's a difficult thing to do considering how bad they sucked before.

Raider have had a fine offseason. They've added Justin Tuck, Antonio Smith, Lamaar Woodley, Tarrell Brown, James Jones and Matt Schaub.

I don't know what people expected. Those are all fine players for modest contracts.

I agree. The Saffold Saga was weird, and typical Raiderish unprofessionalism, but other than that, they added some nice players.

Raider have had a fine offseason. They've added Justin Tuck, Antonio Smith, Lamaar Woodley, Tarrell Brown, James Jones and Matt Schaub.

I don't know what people expected. Those are all fine players for modest contracts.

I agree it started out horrendous...I still hate letting Houston and Veldheer go but they did add some decent pieces LATER...but my issue is we all know ALL players have injury issues but Tuck, Smith, Woodley, Brown, Jones all have concerns in my mind...and Schaub I think could bounce back and have a solid season in the right system..but I don't see anyone in Oakland that can coach him up. I just think that this team just has that loser mentality...it needs the right coaches/leaders to get the job done...no matter what the talent without the right leaders in the organization it won't succeed. I also think the whole GB connections for coaches/gms etc gets way over-played...I'm not sold on that organization...they have had two of the best qbs in the last several decades and had 2 SBs. To me they have underachieved..and not done enough to surround Rodgers with talent (defensively). They made a nice run once but I don't think they have the necessary talent on defense to do it without better talent...on offense they do a good job because of a great system...but they are losing guys slowly...Jennings, Finley, Jones...but Iike Cobb and Lacy. 

Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie insists Matt Schaub isn't a stop-gap option at quarterback.

Astonishingly, McKenzie also claimed he didn't see anything alarming when studying Schaub's 2013 film. "You just look at the tape and you see the talent," McKenzie said. "He had some good plays last year. Take away some of the bad throws, and he looked alright." We'd counter that any quarterback will look "alright" if you ignore their bad throws. Schaub is the Raiders' plan, and they're sticking to it.

lmao

Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie insists Matt Schaub isn't a stop-gap option at quarterback.

Astonishingly, McKenzie also claimed he didn't see anything alarming when studying Schaub's 2013 film. "You just look at the tape and you see the talent," McKenzie said. "He had some good plays last year. Take away some of the bad throws, and he looked alright." We'd counter that any quarterback will look "alright" if you ignore their bad throws. Schaub is the Raiders' plan, and they're sticking to it.

lmao

Schaub wasn't the problem in Houston. He's the scapegoat but he still played better than the reserves.

Houston has deep deep issues. You can't put that all on Schaub.