Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dustin's Mock Draft 1.0

Round 2:

Jermemiah Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech. Struggled choosing between him and Marcus Smith, but Attaochu showed more in coverage which makes him possibly a starting SAM OLB in the coming years. Couldn't go wrong with either guy.

Round 3:

Stanley Jean-Baptise, CB, Nebraska . Tall, lengthy corner in the mold of Richard Sherman. Raw, has only been playing CB for a short while so he's not a day one starter, but he provides good depth and potential starting ability in the coming years.

Round 5: 

Dontae Johnson, DB, NC State. College corner who will make the switch to FS in the NFL. All the physical ability to be a good center fielder. 

Round 6: 

Storm Johnson, RB, UCF. We have 2 RBs coming off of season ending injuries and another who struggles to get over 3.0 YPC. A guy to stash on the practice squad. 

Round 7:

Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma. Probably have to red-shirt his first season, but Colvin was looking like a mid-round pick before his ACL tear. Good value here. 

I do like Attaochu but i wouldn't draft him until the 3rd round. I think CB is a bigger need then OLB because of Toler injury history. We need a player that can come in and contribute right away and SJP looks like a 2 year project and might be even a safety. I would rather have Keith Mcgill or Kyle Fuller in the 2nd then Attaochu in the 3rd.

Based upon who WalterFootball believes will be available at these positions,  I'll draft this way:

2.  Trade down with Cleveland for their 3rd and 4th

3. Deonne Buchanon, S

3. DaQuan Jones, DT

4. Marcus Smith, OLB

5. Andre Hal, CB

6. Spencer Long, G

7. BPA

Not sure that I agree that Jones or Smith will be there, but if so, they're too good of value to pass up.

I like the Attaochu pick and the Colvin pick, I can live with the Baptise pick but not thrilled with it. Storm puts the ball on the ground to much, We need a Scat Back, Thats not Storm, Here is another name for a Scat Back along with the usual names thrown around.....Jeff Scott Ole Miss, fluid runner, Doesn't do all that Jump Power Cut, Uses Speed Cuts instead, I found this pretty informative on the different types of Cuts running backs use at different times http://footballbeyondthestats.wordpress.com/2013/09/11/breaking-down-the-cutting-actions-of-rbs-part-2/

Rather go with Bailey in the 3rd if he is there or trade down to the 4th and get Ladler