Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Worried we might have too much for Pep and Chud

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize Havili is one of our BEST blockers right?

Once again you're trying to predict what's going on. You don't think Pep knows how to use weapons? He had a merry go-round of RB's at Stanford. I believe he knows how to rotate people in the line-up

We'll be perfectly fine on offense. And some of you are getting ahead of yourself, you have NO IDEA how well these players coming off injuries will even play

Once again you're trying to predict what's going on. You don't think Pep knows how to use weapons? He had a merry go-round of RB's at Stanford. I believe he knows how to rotate people in the line-up

We'll be perfectly fine on offense. And some of you are getting ahead of yourself, you have NO IDEA how well these players coming off injuries will even play

He never had this kind of talent @ wr and te. Last yr, they forced too many of those rinning formations. We need to accept being a pass first team and not wait till we're behind dbl digits.

And who cares abou Havili's blocking. Allen is a good blocker when healthy

I think its time to ditch the fullback thing and make Allen an H Back. 2 TEs that need to play. 5 solid WRs. Im including DaRick. Only trouble spots could be the rb position. And Center

I just think the 3 best wr should be on the field as much as possible

Allen has been labeled the HB already, exclusively in Arians offense.

Allen is better than Havili..

He never had this kind of talent @ wr and te. Last yr, they forced too many of those rinning formations. We need to accept being a pass first team and not wait till we're behind dbl digits.

And who cares abou Havili's blocking. Allen is a good blocker when healthy

"Allen is a good blocker when healthy"

You just proved my point. How do you know what he'll be like this season? And the way we have troubles with blocking, we need blockers so Havili needs to stay

I know everyone loves Da'Rick and Griff and LaVon... but they are all UNPROVEN young guys. We can't count on them to improve when they have hardly played! None of them were ever really a vocal point of our offense at any point. Hakeem Nicks, T.Y. Hilton, and Reggie are going to get most of the receptions and yards at our receiving spots

I know everyone loves Da'Rick and Griff and LaVon... but they are all UNPROVEN young guys. We can't count on them to improve when they have hardly played! None of them were ever really a vocal point of our offense at any point. Hakeem Nicks, T.Y. Hilton, and Reggie are going to get most of the receptions and yards at our receiving spots

haha! Actually we can count on them to improve. In Rogers and Brazills case, they have a good ways to go, therefore Nicks.

Yes, you are right, they have shown nothing but utter incompetence on this staff!

You might want to submit your resume they surely could use some PROFESSIONAL  help.

The mailing address is:

7001 West 56th Street

Indianapolis, IN 46254

God please help us, this is going to be  long offseason!

For this coaching staff. The same staff that put DHB on the field over TY Hilton. And the same staff that kept forcing an inept run gm

There are reasons for both....  

And this is the same coaching staff that converted the offense on the fly during the season.    It is incredibly hard to change an offense in the middle of a season,  but Pep did a great job with it.

As to your overall point about Havili and the roster....   I have faith that Chud will help sorts things out on offense.    I think Chud will iron out some of the wrinkles that are not helping us.....

If it means Havili goes,  then he goes.    But, if he stays,  then Chud has signed off on it and it's OK by me....

If you don't have faith in Pep -- then, fine -- but if not,  then you should have faith in Chud.   He has an outstanding offensive reputation.    So, our offense should be considerably better this year.

There are reasons for both....

And this is the same coaching staff that converted the offense on the fly during the season. It is incredibly hard to change an offense in the middle of a season, but Pep did a great job with it.

As to your overall point about Havili and the roster.... I have faith that Chud will help sorts things out on offense. I think Chud will iron out some of the wrinkles that are not helping us.....

If it means Havili goes, then he goes. But, if he stays, then Chud has signed off on it and it's OK by me....

If you don't have faith in Pep -- then, fine -- but if not, then you should have faith in Chud. He has an outstanding offensive reputation. So, our offense should be considerably better this year.

Oh stop it; you're only sticking up for Pep cause you're a Stanford guy ;) haha

"Never a vocal point of our offense at any point"

Did you watch the Chiefs game at Kansas City?

Rogers was a very big part in that game. A few catches & even burnt Sean Smith I think and made the CB grab him for an obvious PI or Holding call. Couldn't remember which one they called.

But anyway, Rogers is very raw yes but he was a big part sometimes & made big plays (catch in the Kansas city playoff game)

And another thing, don't act like Griff Whalen wasn't balling in Kansas City either

Havili is not a good blocker at all...

Oh stop it; you're only sticking up for Pep cause you're a Stanford guy ;) haha

Sticking up for Pep?     Re-read my post!     I'm putting most of my faith in Chud, not Pep.

In fact, I thought it was getting pretty obvious how skeptical I am over Pep.   Have been since we announced he got hired.   I've said over and over that I'm very "Missouri" on Pep.   He's got to show me more.

I'd give his first year about a "B"...   but I expect more this year....

I'll give Pep some love for converting the offense on the fly last year....    that was impressive.    But I feel better for our offense this year with Chud over-seeing things....   I think he'll be a huge help....

I think its time to ditch the fullback thing and make Allen an H Back. 2 TEs that need to play. 5 solid WRs. Im including DaRick. Only trouble spots could be the rb position. And Center

I just think the 3 best wr should be on the field as much as possible

Allen has been labeled the HB already, exclusively in Arians offense.

With a deeper roster Havili`s spot may get to valuable to keep him. Our 3rd TE Jack Doyle was also coming along ok and being used in some HB situations.

you all fail

half back= running back/tailback/3back

or am i misunderstanding you? (honest question)

i dont think were going to put out TE in at the HB position to run the ball, maybe the FB, 2 positon to block

I want my TE coming off of the line..particularly Allen who blocks like a lineman.  I prefer no FB and block your man

Fleener can line up outside at times.  I envision a fast paced offense that we thought we would have last year....more West Coast than run, run run...punt.

With this year's team and a couple of changes on the OL....my goal would be to get it across the 50 every time.  Enter AV and if ahead a long Patty Mac try...

OK...I am getting a little too excited :)  This has been a fun week Colt Fans!!! :colts:  :colts:  :colts:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

you all fail

half back= running back/tailback/3back

or am i misunderstanding you? (honest question)

i dont think were going to put out TE in at the HB position to run the ball, maybe the FB, 2 positon to block

Its called H-Back.. look it up and learn something before you make yourself look like a fool. It has nothing to do with the running back position.

Meh, Havili isn't a good blocker. He can be at times but he's inconsistent all around. Maybe one of our best blockers but we only really have one guy who competes for that title, Allen (who of course wins out as one of the best run blockers in the game)

Meh, Havili isn't a good blocker. He can be at times but he's inconsistent all around. Maybe one of our best blockers but we only really have one guy who competes for that title, Allen (who of course wins out as one of the best run blockers in the game)

The entire team is inconsistent! Havili is a good blocker & bottom line he isn't going anywhere. Why would we line Allen up in the backfield? Might as well just run the Alabama style offense with NO FB if we're gonna come down to Allen being in the backfield

We have a 2 headed monster at TE. They either need to line-up side by side or let Allen be on the line and Fleener flexed out in the slot. Or vice versa.

But if they let Havili go I guess we'll all have to deal with it. I personally feel he isn't going anywhere but we'll see I guess

The entire team is inconsistent! Havili is a good blocker & bottom line he isn't going anywhere. Why would we line Allen up in the backfield? Might as well just run the Alabama style offense with NO FB if we're gonna come down to Allen being in the backfield

We have a 2 headed monster at TE. They either need to line-up side by side or let Allen be on the line and Fleener flexed out in the slot. Or vice versa.

But if they let Havili go I guess we'll all have to deal with it. I personally feel he isn't going anywhere but we'll see I guess

Allen lined up in the FB position a good handful of times in Arians offense.. He plays the H-back role and at times(minimal over the course of the season) will be lined up there.

Its called H-Back.. look it up and learn something before you make yourself look like a fool. It has nothing to do with the running back position.

i had a coach who always called the running back h back in junior high he talked funny and couldnt say half without spitting everywhere, i always assumed it was short for half back thats why i put myself out there and said i maybe misunderstanding which i thought i was

IMO, the addition of Chud means the Colts are not sold on Pep as OC. Last year was not an easy year to be the OC, with so many injuries to key people. This year will be the year to have this question answered.

Or they just want a veteran to give Pep pointers from time to time

Pep called a near perfect game vs San Francisco.

And after the Denver game, everything went downhill. But you could tell after the 49ers game Pep was starting to get it

Allen lined up in the FB position a good handful of times in Arians offense.. He plays the H-back role and at times(minimal over the course of the season) will be lined up there.

Cause Arians runs a spread offense. At Clemson he lined up in the backfield too cause that's a spread offense. We're a west coast (no coast according to coaches) offense. I don't think a TE would be in our backfield unless Havili gets injured.

Cause Arians runs a spread offense. At Clemson he lined up in the backfield too cause that's a spread offense. We're a west coast (no coast according to coaches) offense. I don't think a TE would be in our backfield unless Havili gets injured.

Arians runs a spread?    Really?

Was he running a spread when he was with Indy?    When he was with Pittsburgh?

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.........................

For this coaching staff. The same staff that put DHB on the field over TY Hilton. And the same staff that kept forcing an inept run gm

The staff wanted to develop DHB, plus hes a better blocker than TY.

The run game, yea, I agree was kind of a mess, but they figred it out.

They learned a lot last year. Remember it was Chucks first whole year as coach and Peps first year as a coordinator. They are gonna be just fine.

The simple premise of "We have too much talent" makes me want to punch a baby. Its like saying you have too much money. "how much do you need? The answer is MORE."

If we address center with a good player, than this is the best Colts team in probably 8 years.

Arians runs a spread? Really?

Was he running a spread when he was with Indy? When he was with Pittsburgh?

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.........................

Sooo Andrew wasn't in shotgun 80%+ of the time? That's a spread offense. He was throwing the ball 40+ times a game. At least 30 of the throws were from the shotgun