Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The #Bucs agreed to terms with G/C Evan Dietrich-Smith, they announced. Source says it’s a 4-year deal worth $14.25M overall.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

March 14, 2014

Ugh, Options at Center starting to look limited. Growing possibility we draft one?

I highly doubt we draft one.  Khaled Holmes will get his chance before that happens.  Unless one happens to be the absolute best player available, it should be highly unlikely.

That number is shockingly low. I wish we had done this.

Honestly the fact that we didn't is a massive concern, I dont believe we are as committed to running the ball as we are led to believe, Im almost speechless we apparently did not even consider bringing him in for a visit

Honestly the fact that we didn't is a massive concern, I dont believe we are as committed to running the ball as we are led to believe, Im almost speechless we apparently did not even consider bringing him in for a visit

As others have said, maybe Grigs and co. watched a ton of film on EDS and decided they simply weren't interested.

What we don't know is IF we contacted him, IF he wanted to even visit or IF he was even interested in the Colts....

He is light years ahead of Satele

That's not saying much. I wouldn't risk with 4 years with EDS. He only really came on to the scene last season. Before that he was a backup guard. What if he overachieved behind Aaron Rodgers. Easy to look good behind him. I feel like EDS is being overrated. Let's see what we have in Holmes this season.

In 2015 there are FA centers like Nick Hardwick, Pouncey, Wisniewski. In the draft we could pick a center early like Grasu, Reese, Matthews or Brendel. Plenty of options. Let's not settle for mediocrity.

Interesting that the Packers didn't do it either.

Well the Packers did want to resign him but they also seemed content to let him walk because they believe they have a capable Center behind him to, Maybe the Packers not re-signing him was more to do with not good for the locker room or something, Rodgers sure wanted him back though and from all I can tell he was a damn good Center on tape and his grade reflects that

Maybe but having faith in a guy that missed his entire rookie season to improve a horrendous Offensive Line is a bit risky...

I like Holmes' upside. He is more athletic than EDS. Needs more strength though.

I predict he'll be given a chance to be a starter this season.

That's not saying much. I wouldn't risk with 4 years with EDS. He only really came on to the scene last season. Before that he was a backup guard. What if he overachieved behind Aaron Rodgers. Easy to look good behind him. I feel like EDS is being overrated. Let's see what we have in Holmes this season.

In 2015 there are FA centers like Nick Hardwick, Pouncey, Wisniewski. In the draft we could pick a center early like Grasu, Reese, Matthews or Brendel. Plenty of options. Let's not settle for mediocrity.

Don't forget Mack, unless he signs somewhere else (possibly us :goodluck: , most likely not though) w/o the browns matching.