Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How have our division rivals been doing in FA thus far?

zibby43

I was debating as to whether this was the proper forum but because I'm framing my question in a way that includes our roster moves thus far, I ultimately determined that this was the best/proper spot. 

While the moves made thus far by the Colts have been very solid (IMHO), they are all relative to what our division opponents have been doing.

Anybody been keeping tabs on the Texans, Titans, and Jags?  Are they getting better too?  Have any of those teams landed a big name? 

I was debating as to whether this was the proper forum but because I'm framing my question in a way that includes our roster moves thus far, I ultimately determined that this was the best/proper spot. 

While the moves made thus far by the Colts have been very solid (IMHO), they are all relative to what our division opponents have been doing.

Anybody been keeping tabs on the Texans, Titans, and Jags?  Are they getting better too?  Have any of those teams landed a big name? 

On paper:

Jags better

Titans worse

Texans same

Jags - Zane Beadles OG, Toby Gerhart RB, Red Bryant DE

Titans - Dexter McCluster "OW", LOST Altraun Verner CB

Texans - LOST Earl Mitchell NT

So far the Colts have had the best off-season of the division although the Jaguars have added some nice pieces. I'm not sold on Gerhart as a main back though. Losing Verner and Mitchell were huge to their teams. I don't see the Jaguars making up the talent gap in one off-season. McCluster is rather insignificant for the Titans.

forgot zane beadles XD he did great against cliff avril and all the other d linemen of seattle solid signing jags i can see it now Arthur Jones making the jags rookie qb (whoever dont care)( except not Bortles kinda like the guy unless they or the texans draft him) eating dirt because zane beadles got knocked on his butt :clap:

forgot zane beadles XD he did great against cliff avril and all the other d linemen of seattle solid signing jags i can see it now Arthur Jones making the jags rookie qb (whoever dont care)( except not Bortles kinda like the guy unless they or the texans draft him) eating dirt because zane beadles got knocked on his butt :clap:

Beadles for $6mil a year? haha Jags

Texans need a QB. If they can find one of those in the draft or if they trade for one and he plays well for them they can definitely compete with us. With what they have outside of QB on thier roster now, they still look pretty good. But finding that QB could be quite the task.

All we need is for the Texans to trade or pickup a bad qb and we're good to go! And for clowney to prove he's a bust!

He isn't going to be a bust but he is going to "bust" a lot of QBs and he will help free J.J. Watt to be even more disruptive than he already is. If Texans draft Clowney, I think Watt will be the defensive player of the year again.

All we need is for the Texans to trade or pickup a bad qb and we're good to go! And for clowney to prove he's a bust!

They have a potentially great coach and he isn't going to pick up a bad QB. Texans will make as big a turnaround as the Colts did after their 2-14 year.

i think the jags are slowly getting the right players for their team. They did get better. I dont expect them to contend or anything but they are slowly getting players that fit, with no cap damage (except for beadles which IMO was bad)

I am not a Texans fan but when Pagano said "Build the Monster", the Texans are really doing it and they are designing a team to specifically beat the Colts and Andrew Luck.

yeah, that plan has worked great. 1-3 against the colts since pagano became the coach

and how are they doing that who have they signed to improve them?

They are not signing free agents although they are trying to make a deal for a QB. They are drafting from the top spot on every round. They are going to add Clowney to free up Watt from double teams.

They are not signing free agents although they are trying to make a deal for a QB. They are drafting from the top spot on every round. They are going to add Clowney to free up Watt from double teams.

what so because there picking from top of each round that means every player they pick is going to be good and how do you know if clowney will work out and i dont really see any qb to trade for that would be worth it. who knows it might work out for them but goes both ways

what so because there picking from top of each round that means every player they pick is going to be good and how do you know if clowney will work out and i dont really see any qb to trade for that would be worth it. who knows it might work out for them but goes both ways

They are trying to work a trade for Ryan Mallett. Evidently their coach, who knows Mallett well thinks he is better right now that the top three QBs in the draft. I haven't heard anyone outside of Indy (and I hear it here a lot) say anything other than Clowney will be a star and is the best player in the draft.