Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Verner visiting Colts today

theanarchist

just going out on a very very very thin limb here, but could you image having Davis, Verner, Toler and Butler.....

I'd drop Toler if we kept Vontae and picked up Verner. Butler is our slot guy and Toler really isn't that good, why would u mention him lol

well it should be noted through his first 7 games he only allowed 2 td's.

It should also be noted that he was going up against the other teams second best WR...and that he had several penalties against him due to getting burned...and also that he's a gimp. But ya he does have the only giving up 2 TD thing goin for him I suppose...

I'm watching NFL network. One of their reporters just mentioned that Verner was visiting the Colts today, the last team on his list to visit. May not mean a thing but thought I would mention it.

OK. Ian Rappaport was just on NFL network. Said that Verner is likely to sign with either NYG or NYJ.

It should also be noted that he was going up against the other teams second best WR...and that he had several penalties against him due to getting burned...and also that he's a gimp. But ya he does have the only giving up 2 TD thing goin for him I suppose...

He had a pulled groin, which is one of the trickiest injuries to get past. I didn't have any issues with him prior to his injury.

I thought teams could "tamper" starting on last saturday... They could do everything but sign the player.

I saw a story today that pretty much said because you could start talking to agents on Saturday it pretty much makes tampering nearly impossible to enforce during that period because the idea is of Saturday you can talk in general terms but as pointed out sometimes you get two sides together and while talking in general terms they quickly build a concuss even if they aren't trying to.   

Also Pro Football Talk did a story about how the league could really nail half the league if they wanted to for tampering over the past few days but they wont which is why people know half the league is doing it while the other half of the league is doing it too it's just not as public knowledge. 

If we lose Davis Grigson better do all he can to not let Verner leave without a contract.

Man that will be confusing if we sign him we'll have Verner and guy's name that is Werner but is pronounced Verner...

Who knows?  Maybe Verner pronounces his name Werner.  :thmup:

I saw a story today that pretty much said because you could start talking to agents on Saturday it pretty much makes tampering nearly impossible to enforce during that period because the idea is of Saturday you can talk in general terms but as pointed out sometimes you get two sides together and while talking in general terms they quickly build a concuss even if they aren't trying to.

Which is why agents really should wear helmets.

:P

He has to be able to, otherwise how do these teams end up with contracts a few minutes after free agency officially starts??

The teams break the rules all of the time. They have sorta *wink wink* deals in place and officially sign on the dotted line after 4:00.

But I find it hard to believe that he would visit multiple teams before he's allowed to. Having a deal in place before the deadline is one thing.....

Also wondering about this, I did a quick search of his name and found no mention of the Colts in recent articles. If he's in Indianapolis you would think there would be mention of it.

Yeah I've only heard NY jets and giants and that he likes the pats and broncos

I doubt this is true, and honestly I hope it isn't. Verner isn't a press man cover guy. He's too small to be our #1 CB if Davis does indeed leave. I'd rather sign DRC than Verner although I have reservations about DRC too.

Me too....on DRC...I also agree on Verner not being a press coverage option. :thmup:

Not saying he is or isn't going to be in town for a visit today.....but people who doubt how this can be done without violating the technicalities of tampering rules have had very limited dealings with complex, high dollar business transactions.