Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Talib and Pats near deal

HtownColt

Revis is the only one left that's trustworthy...but idk hw realistic that is...and if he fits our scheme or not....and what time does free agency starts..i seen 4 p.m...and i seen 10 a.m. ???????

Revis fits our scheme, and free agency starts tomorrow at 4 pm.

Revis is the only one left that's trustworthy...but idk hw realistic that is...and if he fits our scheme or not....and what time does free agency starts..i seen 4 p.m...and i seen 10 a.m. ???????

Revis fits our scheme perfectly. We play an attacking 3-4 with a lot of man coverage. Exactly what Revis specializes in. FA starts 4pm eastern so in Indiana it would be about 3. I live in California so it starts at 1pm for me.

Revis fits our scheme perfectly. We play an attacking 3-4 with a lot of man coverage. Exactly what Revis specializes in. FA starts 4pm eastern so in Indiana it would be about 3. I live in California so it starts at 1pm for me.

If we don't upgrade our front 7, not even Revis would do good in our secondary. He's been a great CB cause of the pass rush from the Jets. Yes he has much talent, but no one can stay in coverage for 6-8 seconds and be effective

The only way I want revis in a trade is if he takes a big pay cut and if he was cut I would give him a 1 year prove it deal to make sure he is back to his form from his jets days and if he then is then pay him but I wouldn't pay him 16 million.

Well. I guess it depends on where in Indiana you live. I think some if it's counties observe central time.

LaPorte County, Porter, County and Lake County all do because they want to be closer to Chicago.  

There might be some counties in the southern part of the state that do as well.  

The only way I want revis in a trade is if he takes a big pay cut and if he was cut I would give him a 1 year prove it deal to make sure he is back to his form from his jets days and if he then is then pay him but I wouldn't pay him 16 million.

The good news is that the contract Revis is on currently has zero guarantee's in it.  

If we got him on a different contract we could lower his cap hit if we throw in some guarantee's but his current contract has no guarantees in it.  

The big problem is in the long term when Luck's rookie deal runs out affording to pay both him and Luck.  Not to mention Hilton and Allen who will also be looking for $$$ after their rookie deals end.  

This would be my preferred defense this year and honestly I think this could work and have a strong front 7.

Patriots defense 2014

Jared Allen DE

Chandler Jones DE

Vince Wilfork DT

Julius Peppers DT

Rob Ninkovich LB

Jamie Collins LB

Jerod Mayo LB

Dont'a Hightower LB

Aqib Talib CB

Alterraun Verner CB

Devin McCourty FS

This would be my preferred defense this year and honestly I think this could work and have a strong front 7.

Patriots defense 2014

Jared Allen DE

Chandler Jones DE

Vince Wilfork DT

Julius Peppers DT

Rob Ninkovich LB

Jamie Collins LB

Jerod Mayo LB

Dont'a Hightower LB

Aqib Talib CB

Alterraun Verner CB

Devin McCourty FS

I would love to see the Pats add Allen. But they would never add both Allen and Peppers. Too much money and not sure they need both with Jones and Nink. I don't think they add another CB if they sign Talib. Dennard was solid as was Logan Ryan. They do need another safety though as they released Gregory. Not sure if they see Wilson coming back or not. But they need a hard hitting safety IMO to round out the secondary.

I would love to see the Pats add Allen. But they would never add both Allen and Peppers. Too much money and not sure they need both with Jones and Nink. I don't think they add another CB if they sign Talib. Dennard was solid as was Logan Ryan. They do need another safety though as they released Gregory. Not sure if they see Wilson coming back or not. But they need a hard hitting safety IMO to round out the secondary.

True, I'd rather take Allen over Peppers.

If we add Verner then I don't think we need a hard hitting safety since they can do a good job in man to man coverage. I think McCourty will be fine alone.

Having a strong 7 upfront will take care of the secondary.

Wilson is up there in age, I don't think he has anything left in the tank.

Patriots need to add more offense this draft, but if we were to get a defensive player from the draft then if take a strong safety.

True, I'd rather take Allen over Peppers.

If we add Verner then I don't think we need a hard hitting safety since they can do a good job in man to man coverage. I think McCourty will be fine alone.

Having a strong 7 upfront will take care of the secondary.

Wilson is up there in age, I don't think he has anything left in the tank.

Patriots need to add more offense this draft, but if we were to get a defensive player from the draft then if take a strong safety.

I don't see them adding another CB if they sign Talib. They will never pay $18-20 on two CBs. And like I said Dennard and Ryan were solid last year. I do hope they draft a safety along with the offensive players.

Allen would be sweet.

Patriots defense 2014

Jared Allen DE

Chandler Jones DE

Vince Wilfork DT

Julius Peppers DT

Rob Ninkovich LB

Jamie Collins LB

Jerod Mayo LB

Dont'a Hightower LB

Aqib Talib CB

Alterraun Verner CB

Devin McCourty FS

You got 4 LBs and 4 linemen, are you thinking Harmon would assume the SS job?

I'm glad the Patriots are going hard at Talib. They need him. It sounds a little crazy but I would go all-out and make a play at Revis, too. If he's released (reports today say he will be if he isn't traded) they have no shot because another team will empty out their bank account for him. But if they can swing some kind of trade contingent upon him reworking his deal, then I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Just think of how the Broncos moved up and down the field basically at will in the AFCCG, and then two weeks later how Seattle just shut them down. And imagine the havoc Belichick could wreak with two corners of that caliber... Chandler Jones would finish with 20+ sacks. 

Clock is ticking, Pats... load up now. Window is still open but it's not gonna be forever. 

Pre FA news was awful lol. Pats close with Talib. Colts going to lose Davis.

Oops.

Guess you have to wait and see when the actual action happens!

Have to stay away from the talking heads especially when it comes to the Pats. They may be the hardest team to figure out each off-season. I am glad they didn't try to even come close to matching Denver's ridiculous deal. Seems as if the Pats are in Denver's heads. They certainly did not need Welker last year and paid him a bigger contract and now this monster deal for an oft injured and off-field troubled CB.