Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts hire Rob Chudzinski as assistant HC

bavanlan

is it just me or did the colts just give him some special talent to add him to the staff and avoid any problems with the nfl. I mean whos ever heard of a assistant to the HC

They wouldn't be the first team to create a position for someone.  Eric Mangini was hired away from ESPN last year to be an "offensive consultant" for the 49ers.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, are  some of you that backwards when it comes to watching NFL football?  Adrian Peterson couldn't get yards behind the Colts line in obvious running situation. Richardson had almost no chance of success.  But that is what I have noticed on this forum.  People talk before they think.  So quick to call people a bust.  Fleener is a bust. Castonzo is  bust.  Donald Brown is a bust.   You never seem to consider the situation the player is in.  For example, Castonzo.   This year Chris Clark, a career backup, had to play because Denver lost their best offensive lineman.  They gave up the fewest sacks in the league.  Is Clark that good?  Or is that Peyton gets the ball away fast?  Do you think that helped Tarik Glenn?

The Colts telegraph their runs and have horrible blocking between the tackles.  Nobody will succeed in that.  I am going to laugh my butt off if we get better players in the middle, Richardson does well, and you suddenly act like Richardson finally got it.  No, running backs actually needs holes.

Seriously, learn the basics of football.  Would be a huge help before you say mindless things!

Seriously, are  some of you that backwards when it comes to watching NFL football?  Adrian Peterson couldn't get yards behind the Colts line in obvious running situation. Richardson had almost no chance of success.  But that is what I have noticed on this forum.  People talk before they think.  So quick to call people a bust.  Fleener is a bust. Castonzo is  bust.  Donald Brown is a bust.   You never seem to consider the situation the player is in.  For example, Castonzo.   This year Chris Clark, a career backup, had to play because Denver lost their best offensive lineman.  They gave up the fewest sacks in the league.  Is Clark that good?  Or is that Peyton gets the ball away fast?  Do you think that helped Tarik Glenn?

The Colts telegraph their runs and have horrible blocking between the tackles.  Nobody will succeed in that.  I am going to laugh my butt off if we get better players in the middle, Richardson does well, and you suddenly act like Richardson finally got it.  No, running backs actually needs holes.

Seriously, learn the basics of football.  Would be a huge help before you say mindless things!

Oh, here we go again....

This is a good argument except for one small problem. Brown gained yards behind that line, Ballard gained yards behind that line and Bradshaw gained yards behind that line. Everybody but Richardson. Richardson wasn't much in Cleveland either. The problem is that Richardson just isn't very good at running the ball. Now receiving out of the backfield, he can do that but there is no way Richardson was ever worth a number one draft pick to either the Browns or the Colts.

By the way, I am SURE Adrian Peterson would have gained yards behind this line.

Hard not to like this move because we didn't get ride of anyone to hire him so we are just adding.

I like it though, he can help Pep with the offense (there were times last year Pep being a first time NFL OC showed).  He also is just another experienced coach on the Colts roster and that's always a good thing.  He also has Head Coaching experience so heaven forbid if Pagano were to have a relapse (which thankfully there are no signs of him being in anything but great health) he can step in. 

He could also step in should someone want to hire Pep away after this season because I have a feeling the interest in Pep as a HC either at the college or NFL is only going to go up.  The media loves him and they always talk about him being a bright and up coming star as a coach so I think it's only a matter of time till someone hires him away.  Of course someone might have interest in Chud this off-season as well so there is a chance we could lose both in the same off-season.

They for sure will have the money but will he want to stay with a franchise that makes constant horrible decisions?  With the amount of holes the colts still have I don't know if they will pony up that kind of money for him though.

They can always franchise tag him if the Browns really want to keep him and take the choice out of Mack's hands. 

They can always franchise tag him if the Browns really want to keep him and take the choice out of Mack's hands.

That could happen; or (what we would more likely want- me certainly) they choose to tag Ward and if Mack wants to walk, there's nothing from stopping him. Then we use Chud to our advantage and take him off the market.

As for safety go after Byrd, at guard Asamoah and at DE Arthur Jones.

That could happen; or (what we would more likely want- me certainly) they choose to tag Ward and if Mack wants to walk, there's nothing from stopping him. Then we use Chud to our advantage and take him off the market.

As for safety go after Byrd, at guard Asamoah and at DE Arthur Jones.

Look at what Girgson has done since he got here.  I really don't think he's going to start going after all these star plays that the forum wants him to do.  Don't get me wrong I would love it if we snag a guy like Mack but I just don't think Grigson believes in getting into bidding wars for guys.  If he does I think it will be for one big name not two or three.  Also, a good chunk of that $30 million is probably going to get spent keeping our own.  If they don't get a long term deal done with Davis they will tag him.  The cost of that alone last year was almost $11 million.  Now clearly I expect them to work out a long term deal from there but that will still cost at least 6 million if not more a year.  If we keep McAfee and AV that's probably another 4 million combined.  That's 10 million spent before you get to guys like Brown and Bethea who the Colts might also keep.  If the Colts elect to keep their own they could enter free agency with less than $15 million to spend on free agents. 

Chuck: "Rob, could you bring me a large coffee, please?"

Rob: "Yes, sir! Would you like anything else?"

Chuck: "Sure, would you ask Trent if he's going to pass that 3 ypc?"

Rob: "Anything else before I take a nap?"

Chuck: "Um, yeah, take Chapman to an All-You-Can-Eat buffet later after your nap, ok?"

Rob: Scratches head wondering what the heck is an Assistant to the HC is.

Chuck: "Rob, could you bring me a large coffee, please?"

Rob: "Yes, sir! Would you like anything else?"

Chuck: "Sure, would you ask Trent if he's going to pass that 3 ypc?"

Rob: "Anything else before I take a nap?"

Chuck: "Um, yeah, take Chapman to an All-You-Can-Eat buffet later after your nap, ok?"

Rob: Scratches head wondering what the heck is an Assistant to the HC is.

I wish Trent got 3 ypc :(

after last Years FA signing and the money spent vs the results maybe Grigson should look at his current FA philosophy and spend the money on a Good/ Top center to protect our / his most prized asset LUCK!

As far as thinking Chud will influence Mack.. go back to last year and us getting Jimmy Raye former Charger FO.. and many thought we would get Vasquez at Guard and that didn't pan out

Except he doesn't want to be in Cleveland and all the Browns fans I've talked to are sure he's gone. Although I doubt we'd sign him anyways.

You have a link to support that? The last I heard, Mack had said he would give Cleveland every opportunity to match any offer he got. Not that I wouldn't want Mack, but honestly for the type of money he's gonna get offered, I would rather go after one of the other available centers that are still a huge upgrade but wouldn't cost nearly as much. Spread the money around and especially to the defense instead of giving so much to a center.

bavanlan, please don't start important topics again. You gave no link, you didn't bother to type the guy's name out, and you didn't state what position he was hired into. The mods should edit this topic title so it's clearer and edit your post with a link.

Except he doesn't want to be in Cleveland and all the Browns fans I've talked to are sure he's gone. Although I doubt we'd sign him anyways.

Until he sees what they offer him to stay. Browns have as much money to spend as us with really only two significant guys to bring back. I think they will be a big player in FA and draft a qb. I can't see anyone signing him away unless someone throws crazy money like 9-10 million a year at him....so maybe Oakland lol...honestly I've not heard he wants out...especially when they will be able to offer him more than almost everyone...including us. Besides...maybe he wanted out BECAUSE of Chud...who knows...no one here for certain...people just make stuff up to suit whatever their case is. If he is on the record...please quote it and I will be as delighted as anyone if we could land him....but that quote isn't out there....just like people make stuff up about our guys all the time....like anyone on this board has a clue. I would take either Ward or Mack but it ain't happening..Cleveland has a great cap situation and simply needs a good qb and a couple explosive playmakers...they would leap frog into second in that divison if they could get that.

bavanlan, please don't start important topics again. You gave no link, you didn't bother to type the guy's name out, and you didn't state what position he was hired into. The mods should edit this topic title so it's clearer and edit your post with a link.

Good idea. 

Yet Donald Brown ran effectively behind that line and scored a few long TD runs.

This is a great hire. The Browns were in a lot of games that they shouldn't have been just didn't have a QB. This also will help us in free agency if we decide to go after Alex Mack. Chud was a good coach and most of the people around the NFL thought that he shouldn't have been fired. 

For what's it's worth,  if I remember correctly, he was NOT in favor of trading TRich....

I don't know who you are, but I'm very, very sorry I missed your first 69 posts!

Because #70 is flat-out terrific!     Please, keep 'em coming!    We need all the good posters we can get!

Nice job!

More please!       :thmup:

Sometimes things are what they are.

Chudzinski is brought in to be a close advisor to Pagano.   One would think with his background,  his focus will be on the offense.

Not sure how this reflects well on Pep?    Not sure if there's a power play involved here?    Is Pep looking to do something different that Pagano doesn't like?     Does Pagano not have the confidence that Pep can create a good enough running game for TRich?

I dunno....  but from the outside looking in, I'm not sure how good/bad this looks to others in the NFL?

I'll be curious how this gets written up in the media.

On balance, I'm very pleased with the hiring.   Seriously.    Bright offensive mind.    I think we need all the help we can get.

But it will certainly be worth watching -- closely!

Sometimes things are what they are.

Chudzinski is brought in to be a close advisor to Pagano.   One would think with his background,  his focus will be on the offense.

Not sure how this reflects well on Pep?    Not sure if there's a power play involved here?    Is Pep looking to do something different that Pagano doesn't like?     Does Pagano not have the confidence that Pep can create a good enough running game for TRich?

I dunno....  but from the outside looking in, I'm not sure how good/bad this looks to others in the NFL?

I'll be curious how this gets written up in the media.

On balance, I'm very pleased with the hiring.   Seriously.    Bright offensive mind.    I think we need all the help we can get.

But it will certainly be worth watching -- closely!

To me, it simply looks like a quality coach was available and the Colts made room for him.