Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rogers "I Showed a the Colts They Can Trust Me"

Dark Superman

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His stats project over 16 games to 614 Yards and 6 touchdowns. I am more than comfortable with that production for a rookie. Throw in some spectacular catches and great run after catch ability. I think he needs to stop a few drop problems, but they are overstated after the Pats game. Route running and separation need to be worked on but he is a rookie.

He spent most the season on the PS, how many snaps did he have with Luck over less than half a season. He didn't have the preseason with the Colts either. I think he could easily approach Ashlon Jeffrey production in 2014 or 2015 in my opinion. I have a feeling it will be a Rogers jersey I buy for next years Super Bowl.

I love the guys talent, I think he could be special, but he needs to continue to work, & run better routes. His kind of talent though is God given, you either have it or you don't! I think Andrew sometimes was frustrated with him because he wasn't where he was suppose to be or didn't make the proper adjustment. A full camp should do him a world of good. I think a high pick on a WR is a waste, honestly we got this kid & his talent is 1st /2nd rd caliber. The best thing he could do is become Reggie's best friend & follow him like a puppy. I think the kid is going to work out, I am more worried as to what he will do if he experiences success? I think that's going to be the big thing for him as he progress.

His stats project over 16 games to 614 Yards and 6 touchdowns. I am more than comfortable with that production for a rookie. Throw in some spectacular catches and great run after catch ability. I think he needs to stop a few drop problems, but they are overstated after the Pats game. Route running and separation need to be worked on but he is a rookie.

He spent most the season on the PS, how many snaps did he have with Luck over less than half a season. He didn't have the preseason with the Colts either. I think he could easily approach Ashlon Jeffrey production in 2014 or 2015 in my opinion. I have a feeling it will be a Rogers jersey I buy for next years Super Bowl.

That is a good point if you extend his stats out to what they would be over an entire season and it's not too bad for a rookie. 

Add in the fact that he didn't spend training camp with the Colts and he's got a lot of potential, he's a guy we should keep on the team for the next year.

Besides, next year if we don't have any injuries we won't need him to be anything more then a dependable #3 guy.  TY will probably be the #2 WR and Wayne will be back as the #1 target. 

Not to mention that with Allen back we can always split Fleener out wide.  So even if he's a dud we have other options.

He's got a tiny salary and his potential is a good reason to keep him.

Compare his stats with those of another Colts rookie from several years ago who had the benefit of a full training camp, and being on the receiving end of passes from a guy who is as close as there is to being a "lock" for Canton:

13 Games, 9 Starts, 27 Rec. 345 Yds., 12.8 Avg., 43 Yd. LG, 0 TDs

He wouldn't break the 1000 yard or 10 TD marks until his fourth year in the league, and a lot of Colts fans thought he pretty much sucked, at least for the first couple of years.

Yup...that rookie was a guy named Reggie Wayne, back in 2001. And I hear he turned OK.

My two cents... Can't get rid of Rogers. He didn't even have a full season as an active player to develop with first team reps. Under the guidance of a healthy Wayne I know Rogers will flourish next season. Lining up with Wayne and TY on the outside and Rogers and Whalen inside that'd be quite effective...plus adding Fleener and Brazil in the mix on thirds the O would be great. What about Branch? If he is another viable option to stretch it vertical he would also offer great insight for our younger wr core.

Can't wait for next season! Aloha

My two cents... Can't get rid of Rogers. He didn't even have a full season as an active player to develop with first team reps. Under the guidance of a healthy Wayne I know Rogers will flourish next season. Lining up with Wayne and TY on the outside and Rogers and Whalen inside that'd be quite effective...plus adding Fleener and Brazil in the mix on thirds the O would be great. What about Branch? If he is another viable option to stretch it vertical he would also offer great insight for our younger wr core.

Rogers would be outside with TY and Wayne inside with Whalen

Branch probably runs like a 5.2 at this point lol 

I agree, add Allen in there also and we have plenty of receiving weapons at a good price.

I hope we hold on to him. We need tough guys on our team. If we pick up any free agent WR I'd like Kenny Britt. Some many disagree. To me Kenny didn't have a consistent QB and they relied on CJ on their offense.

my god I'm glad you aren't making any decisions