Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson

Thewholefnshow28

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Hyde is a legit first round talent. That's what is so upsetting about the Richardson trade. We could have gotten a franchise back easy. Hyde creates his own holes, while Richardson can't even find any. As crazy as it sounds, if Grigson did something crazy and drafted Hyde in the 2nd (probably be gone by the time we pick) I wouldn't be mad.

Also, let's not forget that his successor came in and out-rushed him. And he was a 2nd Round pick. There is no way to ever justify Giving up a first for T-Rich. He wasn't even the best offensive player on his team. We should have got Josh Gordan instead.

But Hyde is a legit first round talent. That's what is so upsetting about the Richardson trade. We could have gotten a franchise back easy. Hyde creates his own holes, while Richardson can't even find any. As crazy as it sounds, if Grigson did something crazy and drafted Hyde in the 2nd (probably be gone by the time we pick) I wouldn't be mad.

Also, let's not forget that his successor came in and out-rushed him. And he was a 2nd Round pick. There is no way to ever justify Giving up a first for T-Rich. He wasn't even the best offensive player on his team. We should have got Josh Gordan instead.

I would furious if he drafted Hyde in the 2nd. A move like that would cause me to change my handle to "FireRyanGrigson"

I would furious if he drafted Hyde in the 2nd. A move like that would cause me to change my handle to "FireRyanGrigson"

Lol it would never happen haha. And it's not what I think should or will happen. But if it did, there could be worse things that could happen. When the Browns draft Hyde and you see him give them more production than Richardson. You'll realize why I have said that. Grigson will have basically traded Richardson for Hyde. I stand to be corrected though.

Lol it would never happen haha. And it's not what I think should or will happen. But if it did, there could be worse things that could happen. When the Browns draft Hyde and you see him give them more production than Richardson. You'll realize why I have said that. Grigson will have basically traded Richardson for Hyde. I stand to be corrected though.

I don't doubt he will out perform Richardson, that's not really saying much, but I don't put a lot of stock into the RB position.

I don't doubt he will out perform Richardson, that's not really saying much, but I don't put a lot of stock into the RB position.

Fair enough. But the fact that the RB position is such a plug and play position makes it even worse. But it doesn't have to necessarily be Hyde. It could be Carey, Mason, Sankey,etc... I'm basically saying that T-Rich might not even be a better RB than the top RB's in THIS class. Especially considering he wasn't even the best RB in his own class.

Hell Ballard got drafted in the later rounds the same year as Richardson and he had 800 something yards as a rookie  to Rich's 950, and Ballard ran behind a worse O-Line.

Not really, I can't see the Browns taking Hyde in the first round. Whoever they take with the Colts pick will be the "Basically traded for" guy. I seriously doubt they go with a running back. Hyde is the only guy who is even being considered as a first round pick and out of 32 teams that is going to be the Browns? Unlikely. 

hmmm do I smell "Comeback Player of the Year"?

What's he coming back from ?

Dont you have to arrive at some point to make a comeback ?

Only thing Trent did was have 12 touchdowns his rookie season, every other stat was average at best. He got 900 yards on a whole bunch of carries.

He could have a breakout season, but not a comeback. He never did anything impressive yet to make a comback to.

He is gonna come back from failure to mediocre ?

Over 1,000 yards rushing in only 2 NFL seasons? Yeah, that's bum numbers, you're absolutely right sir or m'am...... whatever you are

:D

1000 yards over 2 seasons isn't impressive.

You expect a RB drafted in the first round to go over 1,000 yards each season.

http://thescore.com/news/435504

Interesting article.  A few takeaways:

Indy ran the ball just off center and between the guards 65 percent of the time in 2013, according to Football Outsiders. That number was 11 percent above the league average. 

Why is this relevant to Richardson's nightmare campaign? Well, Colts center Samson Satele was ranked dead last in run blocking at his position, per Pro Football Focus. Indianapolis was essentially pounding the ball behind the weakest part of their line. Richardson also left a situation where the heart of the offensive line was a strength, as Browns center Alex Mack finished in the top five when it came to run blocking. Just to further the point, Satele missed three games this season and two of them where arguably Richardson's most productive. He ran for 95 yards and two scores combined against San Francisco and Jacksonville during his first two contests after the trade.

The Colts' blockers were ranked in the top five when it came to running the ball off tackle, both left and right. One reason for this could be left tackle Anthony Costanzo, who was ranked eighth in the entire NFL at his position for run blocking. However, Indianapolis only ran the ball that way a measly nine percent of the time

So, the author concludes that either:

A) we need to bring in a better run blocking interior 3 (especially with Satele), or

B) Richardson needs to change his style so he is better able to make runs to the outside rather than being more focused on running between the tackles

You have realy low expectations then. Ballard rushed for like ~900 yards in 13 starts.

I mean I wouldn't call it low. He had a few receiving yards & touchdowns. And then his second year he was on 2 different teams.

And then in Cleveland he was really the only threat they had on offense. But like I said, to each their own opinion. I think 1,000 yards over 2 seasons is impressive since it's already hard enough to reach 1,000.

I mean I wouldn't call it low. He had a few receiving yards & touchdowns. And then his second year he was on 2 different teams.

And then in Cleveland he was really the only threat they had on offense. But like I said, to each their own opinion. I think 1,000 yards over 2 seasons is impressive since it's already hard enough to reach 1,000.

1000 yards over 2 seasons is like 500 yards a season. There were 43 players this year who were over 500 rushing yards. A few of them being QBs.