Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson

Thewholefnshow28

Ding, ding, ding...a winner in common sense reasoning and evaluation.

OK...now I am worried....Modern and Common sense in the same sentence....evaluation?  WOW!   :funny:

What in the Blueblazes is going on?  I am still seeing Modern's same posts over and over....ond over....and over...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not guaranteed to start, so it will work itself out. Why can't we cheer for a player on the colts that everyone has been bashing to do well? It cost us a pick, but he doesn't make a ton of money. It allows to have insane depth at RB.

We can just use our other first round pick to .... No wait ......

Whether or not you think that Trent’s play sucks, has sucked, and will suck is not the point.

The point is that most fans would be optimistic that a player (especially one who was traded for #1 pick) would turn into a great player for the team (no matter how much they felt that player sucked) rather than saying they are optimistic that will never happen.

I guess that’s where we differ. I define optimism as hope for the best possible outcome even if I think the likelihood of the best possible outcome coming to fruition is slim to none.

Whereas you seem to be more determined to be optomistic that you are correct even though it is the not the best thing for the team.

I beleive he best thing is for Trent to never start again for the Colts. I am optimistic that this may happen.

I beleive he best thing is for Trent to never start again for the Colts. I am optimistic that this may happen.

You're like the guy who tells the cancer patient not to try chemo or radiation because you believe that cancer is going to kill them anyhow.  So, you are optimistic that he/she will die sooner without going through any treatments.

As for me, I believe the best thing for this thread would be if everyone would just ignore your posts (which is what I intend to do). 

I am optimistic that this may happen. 

Did Trent used to beat you up as a kid Modern. Or do your sister/mom wrong? Cause really you come off as having a personal vendetta against Trent. I don't recall you posting in any other topic but this one. It's like you come here, to this post just to continue to bash Trent or try to sway people to your way. Guess what, not going to happen bud. Most of is Colts fans actually like our team and players and want them to succeed for the betterment of the TEAM. Him being a bust means we just have our first away. Who in their right fricken mind would want that?!?

Troll away...

Did Trent used to beat you up as a kid Modern. Or do your sister/mom wrong? Cause really you come off as having a personal vendetta against Trent. I don't recall you posting in any other topic but this one. It's like you come here, to this post just to continue to bash Trent or try to sway people to your way. Guess what, not going to happen bud. Most of is Colts fans actually like our team and players and want them to succeed for the betterment of the TEAM. Him being a bust means we just have our first away. Who in their right fricken mind would want that?!?

Troll away...

Nope just cost a first round draft pick and countless painful plays to watch so far .. so far.

He isn't going to succeed. His very best in the league is below average. I want someone who can do the job to play the position, not waste time on someone who can't just because the GM wants to prove something.

That's called opinion. Many players have went on to be successful after struggling for a couple of years. It wouldn't be the first time.

Ya feel me?

And the 1st round pick was given away already, lost so to speak. No getting it back, didn't get much for it

So.....let's just say the trade would have never happened, how can you guarantee that whomever the Colts would have picked at 26 would be an instant impact starter? Or that they would have even been a starter? Because they looked good in college? So did Trent? There are no guarantees.

I too am optimistic that he will right the ship and have a great year, loving his confidence this offseason, now let's walk the walk!!!! GO COLTS!!!!!

Many players went on to suck after sucking for their first few years.

Let me ask you this. Everyone pretty much views MJD as washed up, do you think he will have a better season then Richardson ?

I don't believe he's washed up, but there's lots of variables there..... main one being will the Raiders provide him with room to run, will he remain uninjured, etc. etc. They don't play the Colts this season so you know he won't run for 200+ yards one of his games, lol.

So.....let's just say the trade would have never happened, how can you guarantee that whomever the Colts would have picked at 26 would be an instant impact starter? Or that they would have even been a starter? Because they looked good in college? So did Trent? There are no guarantees.

I too am optimistic that he will right the ship and have a great year, loving his confidence this offseason, now let's walk the walk!!!! GO COLTS!!!!!

My argument with the Trent was great in college line of thought is that he was not great in Cleveland. He had 13 touchdowns, but they were all pretty much short yardage and many took 2 or more attempts for him to pound it in.

If you were to take away his game against the Colts in 2012 his ypc was pretty much on par for what he did as a Colt. Now I don't know if Grigson only watched that game before making the trade or what but there was plenty of evidence that Trent was average at best during his rookie season.

I'm not in love with Grigson as far as talent evaluation at this point. He had to take Luck, he was the safe pick, the rest of the 2012 draft well I give him credit for TY. Fleener and Allen were needed, and Ballard performed well but wasn't setting the world on fire.

2013 draft was a flop, didn't get any return on it last season. Werner was a reach and deffinetly not BPA as all GM's like to pretend they go after.

He may turn out decent, but he did nothing last season.

2014 draft already is off to a bad start because we don't get anyone until almost the 3rd round. I know everyone likes the catchphrase "deep draft" and all that but the fact remains that a lot of top talent will be gone before we pick.

I would have rather had that pick late in the first then Richardson. You couldn't trade him for a 3rd rounder after these last 2 seasons. He isn't a building block for a franchise he is a stumbling block.

My argument with the Trent was great in college line of thought is that he was not great in Cleveland. He had 13 touchdowns, but they were all pretty much short yardage and many took 2 or more attempts for him to pound it in.

If you were to take away his game against the Colts in 2012 his ypc was pretty much on par for what he did as a Colt. Now I don't know if Grigson only watched that game before making the trade or what but there was plenty of evidence that Trent was average at best during his rookie season.

I'm not in love with Grigson as far as talent evaluation at this point. He had to take Luck, he was the safe pick, the rest of the 2012 draft well I give him credit for TY. Fleener and Allen were needed, and Ballard performed well but wasn't setting the world on fire.

2013 draft was a flop, didn't get any return on it last season. Werner was a reach and deffinetly not BPA as all GM's like to pretend they go after.

He may turn out decent, but he did nothing last season.

2014 draft already is off to a bad start because we don't get anyone until almost the 3rd round. I know everyone likes the catchphrase "deep draft" and all that but the fact remains that a lot of top talent will be gone before we pick.

I would have rather had that pick late in the first then Richardson. You couldn't trade him for a 3rd rounder after these last 2 seasons. He isn't a building block for a franchise he is a stumbling block.

the fact that you are writing off an entire draft class after one season is just as laughable as you thinking you are somehow a better talent evaluator than grigson

the fact that you are writing off an entire draft class after one season is just as laughable as you thinking you are somehow a better talent evaluator than grigson

Great point, Jvan.  

I did not see Modern get the Executive of the year award in 2012 either :)

Never said I was a talent evaluator. Where was his 2013 award ? He wasn't in the running. He took Luck, what a genius. That's what his award was for. He found a qb. The way he found him so deep in the draft ..... Amazing.

He used the first overall pick to pick the guy who everyone had going first overall. Guys a genius. Thats like calling a guy who put gas in his car a master mechanic.

Everyone who knows the first thing about football would have taken Luck, since then he has used his first round picks on what amounts to a project player and a guy who apparently by his own admission needed more then 14 games and countless practices to figure out the playbook.

I have no faith in Richardson. Never once has he been humble or honest about his performance last season. Instead he gives excuses and boasts that he will be awesome this season. Time will tell, but I predict that within the next few season the "Fire Grigson" threads will be popping up nonstop and many of the current faithful will abandon ship and jump on the bandwagon. I predict that the Richardson excuses will continue, this season I expect the main one to be the coaches just aren't using him correctly , followed closely by they are stacking the box against him.

Never said I was a talent evaluator. Where was his 2013 award ? He wasn't in the running. He took Luck, what a genius. That's what his award was for. He found a qb. The way he found him so deep in the draft ..... Amazing.

He used the first overall pick to pick the guy who everyone had going first overall. Guys a genius. Thats like calling a guy who put gas in his car a master mechanic.

Everyone who knows the first thing about football would have taken Luck, since then he has used his first round picks on what amounts to a project player and a guy who apparently by his own admission needed more then 14 games and countless practices to figure out the playbook.

I have no faith in Richardson. Never once has he been humble or honest about his performance last season. Instead he gives excuses and boasts that he will be awesome this season. Time will tell, but I predict that within the next few season the "Fire Grigson" threads will be popping up nonstop and many of the current faithful will abandon ship and jump on the bandwagon. I predict that the Richardson excuses will continue, this season I expect the main one to be the coaches just aren't using him correctly , followed closely by they are stacking the box against him.

No...John Dorsey of the Chiefs did the same thing that Grigson had done the year earlier....from 2-14 to 11-5.

You will always see Fire the coach threads....people are clueless.  Just like someone who hates Trent as much as you....makes zero sense to me.

Sounds pretty humble to me?

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24350382/colts-rb-trent-richardson-its-fair-that-donald-brown-is-starting

lmao. Isn't that when he said he was finally getting a chance to sit back and watch how it was done. From his playoff performance I would say that didn't work.

I was talking about his most recent interviews. He is digging the hole deeper and deeper with his comments as of late.

Nothing...same award...same records.

I phrased that wrong. What did he get that turned the team around ? What position was upgraded ?

He got a new QB. Actually he went out and found one, which is more the Grigson had to do. Luck fell into his lap and he got an award for it. Since then ..... Well we will see in a few days if Grigson can do more then hang his hat on Luck.

I phrased that wrong. What did he get that turned the team around ? What position was upgraded ?

He got a new QB. Actually he went out and found one, which is more the Grigson had to do. Luck fell into his lap and he got an award for it. Since then ..... Well we will see in a few days if Grigson can do more then hang his hat on Luck.

I think the record jump was it...he brought in some nice players, and Andy Reid got him that award IMO.  The players trusted the system and they played pretty darned good football.

As for Grigs time will tell.  I personally like some of the no namers that have come in...Freeman....McNary...soon to be a known name Muamba...

And to topic...we will see on Trent too.

lmao. Isn't that when he said he was finally getting a chance to sit back and watch how it was done. From his playoff performance I would say that didn't work.

I was talking about his most recent interviews. He is digging the hole deeper and deeper with his comments as of late.

can you post a link to a recent interview

So in order to be a successful GM you have to win an award every year? Is a good draft the only thing you're graded on? What about all the Free agent signings, or the big cuts he made to bring in other talent? Not saying Grigson is genius but there's more to building a team then the draft.

My point was the award means nothing. One player can make or break a team and that player is usually the QB.

I'm no polian fan but Grigson would have had the same record in 2012 if he hasn't been able to pick up Luck. Luck gave him the meaningless award.

My point was the award means nothing. One player can make or break a team and that player is usually the QB.

I'm no polian fan but Grigson would have had the same record in 2012 if he hasn't been able to pick up Luck. Luck gave him the meaningless award.

We have Luck.....we had Peyton....Polian could have picked Ryan Leaf, and Grigs could have picked RG3....

Grigs also moved up to get TY Hilton if you do not recall....and the Fleener/ Allen choices were terrific.  Allen has been injured, but is a true stud...

Fleener was a given. Lucks favorite target. Allen was rated higher then Fleener by many experts and fell to us. I give Grigson credit for TY.

Now tell me about the great picks of 2013.

That is still a work in progress IMO.  Werner had a tough foot injury.  You try playing with a torn plantar.  Thornton started out strong on the left side....then had pesky injuries hinder him.  Montori Hughes is a 346 lb athlete...will be better this year.

Boyett...got kicked off

Cunningham was simply too raw (7th anyway)

Williams got cut...pretty simple to me.(7th anyway)