Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson

Thewholefnshow28

Just needs a full off-season with us and an upgrade with the interior line. He was always hit immediately after recieveing the handoffs. Just needs to work on Ball carrier vision... hes only like 23 I think. around there. Has a lot to improve, and he will. Whether you supported the trade or not hes here to stay and hes apart of our Indianapolis colts. I respect and support the man, everyone bashed him in an unfair way. Trent was in the lineup the week he got traded and from then on, everyone was expecting 10000000 yards out of him and 50 TD's. He needed to learn a whole new playbook, was thrown into a new team, environment, and coaching staff in only his 2nd year in the NFL. Give him an entire off-season. GO COLTS and GO T.RICH

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just needs a full off-season with us and an upgrade with the interior line. He was always hit immediately after recieveing the handoffs. Just needs to work on Ball carrier vision... hes only like 23 I think. around there. Has a lot to improve, and he will. Whether you supported the trade or not hes here to stay and hes apart of our Indianapolis colts. I respect and support the man, everyone bashed him in an unfair way. Trent was in the lineup the week he got traded and from then on, everyone was expecting 10000000 yards out of him and 50 TD's. He needed to learn a whole new playbook, was thrown into a new team, environment, and coaching staff in only his 2nd year in the NFL. Give him an entire off-season. GO COLTS and GO T.RICH

I've heard this same stuff for 2 years now. Between his reputation as a Diva, his illegitimate children, his sex tape and his horrendous play. He has a lot more things to work out than just his vision.

I've heard this same stuff for 2 years now. Between his reputation as a Diva, his illegitimate children, his sex tape and his horrendous play. He has a lot more things to work out than just his vision.

Horrendous play is not 900 yards with 10+ TD's when he was with Cleveland. He was given an entire off-season, no knee surgery during the summer like he got this year, a hell of an offensive line including all pro's C Alex Mack and LT Joe Thomas, plus two decent guards, something we lacked this year when D. Thomas went down. What im trying to say is, his "Horrendous play" isn't 100% his fault. im not 100% defending him, but people need to cut him some slack. Those things you listed including his children and sex tape, that's on him, and that's his personal life. NONE of us know what his story is in his personal life, every athlete goes through up and downs and sometimes makes poor choices. The Indianapolis Colts lost Reggie Wayne, Donald Thomas, Dwayne Allen, Ahmad Bradshaw, Vick Ballard, and more players on offense. Donald Thomas was our best guard, Dwayne Allen was on of the NFL's best run blocking TE's in the game, plus he was a beast who could catch, pass block, and play multiple positions. that really hurt because he was going to be a huge part in Pep's playbook. What I am trying to say is, judge him and/or the trade after next season when he has an entire off-season to train, study, and work hard with the Colts, when injured key players come back to help him and the offense, and when free agency and the draft bring upgrades on the offensive line. I 100% believe Trent will be so much better next year. and so should everyone, instead of bashing, criticizing, and hating on him, maybe if people supported and believed in him it would make things just a tad more positive. No, im not saying 3.0 YPC is something to be positive about, but man, give the dude a chance.   

Modern are you a Colts fan?

While I agree with what you're saying, you seem to be carrying the Richardson sucks torch.

Colts fan but not a homer.

I dont buy into a lot of things. I dont agree with all the personnel decisions. Some players on the team I think the world of, others I wish would retire and give us cap space.

To me Richardson is a major irritation because he wasnt an unknown commodity like a drafted player. He was known and was already considered a bit by many Browns fans. The fact that they were willing to trade him for way less then they gave was also a major red flag.

If he plays like he did last year then he is hurting the team way more then he is helping. You can't have a power run offense of you can't run.

Horrendous play is not 900 yards with 10+ TD's when he was with Cleveland.

Trent Richardson did not have a good season in Cleveland last year. You can inflate anyone's numbers if you get them enough carries. TR was 11th in the league in carries with 267, but was 38th out of 42 qualifying RBs in YPC. Only 2 carries of 20+ yards, which was 46th in the league. Sure, he scored quite a few TDs, but so do most goal-line backs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, TR is a poor man's Mike Tolbert, if you gave Tolbert 267 carries.

Trent Richardson did not have a good season in Cleveland last year. You can inflate anyone's numbers if you get them enough carries. TR was 11th in the league in carries with 267, but was 38th out of 42 qualifying RBs in YPC. Only 2 carries of 20+ yards, which was 46th in the league. Sure, he scored quite a few TDs, but so do most goal-line backs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, TR is a poor man's Mike Tolbert, if you gave Tolbert 267 carries.

To be fair, he would have had a few more 20+ yard runs in his rookie season if the endzone hadn't gotten in his way.

To be fair, he would have had a few more 20+ yard runs in his rookie season if the endzone hadn't gotten in his way.

Baseless assertion. TR had more than his fair share of opportunities outside the redzone. 29 different RBs had MORE 20+ - yarders on LESS carries than TR in 2012. 13 of those backs had 100+ less carries than TR, and 5 of them had 200+ less carries.

Getting opportunities was not Trent Richardson's problem in 2012.

Baseless assertion. TR had more than his fair share of opportunities outside the redzone. 29 different RBs had MORE 20+ - yarders on LESS carries than TR in 2012. 13 of those backs had 100+ less carries than TR, and 5 of them had 200+ less carries.

Getting opportunities was not Trent Richardson's problem in 2012.

No it's not.

No it's not.

Yes, it certainly is. You are asserting that TR didn't have the opportunity to have more 20+ yarders in 2012 without the evidence to back that up. That makes it a baseless assertion.

In fact, the evidence says just the opposite. He only had 42 red zone carries in 2012. That leaves 225 carries outside the red zone.

225 carries and only 2 went for 20+ yards.

Yes, it certainly is. You are asserting that TR didn't have the opportunity to have more 20+ yarders in 2012 without the evidence to back that up. That makes it a baseless assertion.

In fact, the evidence says just the opposite. He only had 42 red zone carries in 2012. That leaves 225 carries outside the red zone.

225 carries and only 2 went for 20+ yards.

No i didn't. 

Oh?

This implies that he didn't have more 20+ yards because an inordinate amount of his opporttunities were inside the 20, which they were not.

No i meant he had a few runs where he could have had more than 20 if the end-zone hadn't gotten in the way. A play in the Giants game comes to mind where he busted off an 18 yard TD were he could have gone for more than 20 if the end-zone wasn't there.

You're reading way too far into what I was trying to say.

In 2010, Mike Tolbert also had 11 TDs on the season. However, Tolbert only had 182 total carries, and 43 in the red zone (1 more than TR in 2012). That means he had 139 opportunities to run the ball 20+ yards, or 86 less than TR.

He still had 6 carries of 20+ yards.

You still don't get what I am trying to say. 

Is english your first language? Just curious because If not, this could potentially explain your misunderstanding.

No i meant he had a few runs where he could have had more than 20 if the end-zone hadn't gotten in the way. A play in the Giants game comes to mind where he busted off an 18 yard TD were he could have gone for more than 20 if the end-zone wasn't there.

You're reading way too far into what I was trying to say.

You could make the same argument for every feature back i the league. And you'd probably find more examples for those backs - TR only had 2 TDs between 10 and 20 yards.

You could make the same argument for every feature back i the league. And you'd probably find more examples for those backs - TR only had 2 TDs between 10 and 15 yards.

Dude again you're reading too far into what I am saying. I just said he could have had a few more, i didn't say he was going to lead the league in 20+ yard runs or something.

You seem very overzealous about this.

And so could every other back. TR would still end up WAY behind everyone else who had a similar number of carries if we gave them all of these hypothetical 20+ yarders.

Nope not true. TRich is literally the only NFL RB in the NFL that this applies to.

I watch that little video clip over and over and it blows my mind whats the hesitation for, just run

I think alot of times he didn't trust his blocks and tried to force things to happen, Combine that with some bad blocking and some missed holes (jump cutting right past two holes vs Denver on the fumble vs Denver that he lost) and it all added up to an overall bad season for him, If he works hard to improve his vision and the organization does there part to get him an NFL caliber starting interior O Line then I think he gets much better.....Number 3 pick in the draft better? No, No chance, Is he the next AP? Im not sure he can be that in his dreams, But a good overall Back...But thats at least a great offseason away

I think alot of times he didn't trust his blocks and tried to force things to happen, Combine that with some bad blocking and some missed holes (jump cutting right past two holes vs Denver on the fumble vs Denver that he lost) and it all added up to an overall bad season for him, If he works hard to improve his vision and the organization does there part to get him an NFL caliber starting interior O Line then I think he gets much better.....Number 3 pick in the draft better? No, No chance, Is he the next AP? Im not sure he can be that in his dreams, But a good overall Back...But thats at least a great offseason away

do you buy into that he needs a zone run scheme to be successful? I just hope that the coaching staff will figure out his problem I mean with all the injuries this year and having a horrible o-line and a sub par running game, and we still had a winning season. think if any staff in the NFL could do it, it's ours

do you buy into that he needs a zone run scheme to be successful? I just hope that the coaching staff will figure out his problem I mean with all the injuries this year and having a horrible o-line and a sub par running game, and we still had a winning season. think if any staff in the NFL could do it, it's ours

I dont buy into him needing a zone scheme at all, He just needs to become a better runner, Stop the jump cuts, learn to swivel his hips and become a more fluid runner, trim down some of that muscle to more like a MJD size,

He needs to learn whatever scheme the coaches want him to learn. You can't base your offense on an unproven players unproven strengths. They can say he needs a zone blocking scheme, but thats speculation at this point.

He needs to stop thinking, stop dancing, and plow through any crack he can find in the blink of an eye. There aren't gonna be big holes, even the best lines dont make huge holes for long at this level, the big holes ain't there and they ain't coming, he needs to find a crack. No east and west bobbing, he isnt fast enough to dance and he isnt elusive, he needs to just go.

I have no idea why the coaches didnt pound that dancing mess out of him. Some guys can juke and fake and get some yards, he can't. Its like if Peyton decided he was gonna be a running QB, its not in his skill set and no matter how hard he tried it would never work. Play your strengths and if you can't do something then dont do it.

I hear a lot of people say he can run over corners once he hits the open field. I haven't seen him ever make it past the from 7 so I have no idea if this is true, but the corners are the least of his worries. If he gets out far enough that a corner is coming out of coverage to get him then thats a successful run for him because it is probably more then 3 yards.

I think its pretty well established that whatever Richardson ends up being we over paid for him, now its just a matter of can they coach enough out of him to even get a slight return on what they invested in him.

His teammates and coaches will never call him a bum or a bust so random articles that day they think he needs time or anything else mean very little. Right now he is not a good runningback, he is not doing his job well at all. For the team and the fans I hope he somehow works out and does something with his roster spot, because this season he was horrible everytime he touched the ball.

The Colts have had many first round busts the past decade or so, I hope he isnt another one

Knowshon Moreno is not expected to be resigned by Denver to clear cap space (according to an NFL article). It would be cool to have him, Richardson, and Vick if he returns healthy. He may want a pretty penny, I'm sure.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000319702/article/knowshon-moreno-not-expected-to-return-to-broncos

Please, no more with the running backs! Sheesh. Fix the line. That is, and always has been the problem, not the backs

Love coming to a colts forum and reading browns and colts fans constantly throw our players under the bus.

It's quite entertaining. I can just picture a certain few posters when they wake up in the morning... "I have to hurry and check to see if anyone has said anything positive about Trent Richardson!"

Please, no more with the running backs! Sheesh. Fix the line. That is, and always has been the problem, not the backs

Great observation. You can't run the football when the offensive line is dominated at the line of scrimmage, it doesn't matter who's back there.