Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kenny Britt

a06cc

I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. In addition to his noted durability and personality question, he's not even performing well these days. Football outsiders had him at a DYAR of -102 and a DVOA of -48.9%. Now, football outsiders' stats are far from a perfect measure of a player, but they do a good job of rating a players effectiveness (not skill, but effectiveness in whatever situations they happened to have played in last season.) What these numbers tell us is that Britt, granted in limited action this past year, was terrible. One of the least effective WRs in the league, and significantly worse than you would expect a random back up to fare. 

I dont want to touch any FA WR. If we get any reciever this offseason I want it to be one of those good young ones coming out of college.

Interesting....

I have the exact opposite view.     As much as I love the young ones in college,  I think we need to go heavily to defense with our top picks.

I'd like a solid, dependable free agent type WR who can step right in and be a pro and deliver.

We can draft a rookie WR in 2015.

Just another way of looking at things.....

Britt will not be resigned by the Titans. Would any of you give this game a chance? How would you feel if Colts signed him. Me personally I'd take him on our team. Would bring a toughness to our team. What does everyone else think?

Britt...

Million dollar talent.    10 cent head.

We're currently working with one of those in Rodgers.   I don't think we want two of those at the receiver spot.

I'm hopeful Rodgers works out.......

Interesting....

I have the exact opposite view. As much as I love the young ones in college, I think we need to go heavily to defense with our top picks.

I'd like a solid, dependable free agent type WR who can step right in and be a pro and deliver.

That is if we pick up any wide reciever at all. I dont feel it's a need.

Love the talent...........hate the individual. He will be a Patriot.

Spot on.  New England definitely has a penchant for bringing in unlikable characters.  I do/did not like Drew Bledsoe, Willie McGinest, Rodney Harrison, Cory Dillon, Wes Welker, Albert Haynesworth, or LaGarrett Blount.  I'm sure I can field a team of players I never cared for that played for Darth Hoodie, and it's not just because I hate the Patriots.

Isn't he coming off an ACL injury as well? 

Yes, but I don't think an ACL is the career killer that it was 10 years ago. I do think it drives his price down a little bit. He was starting to come into his own before the injury. With over a full year off, he should be ready to go. I think he is a low risk, high reward player.

I would pass on Britt.  Haven't we tried two reclamation projects at WR in the last two years?  Third time the charm?  If WR is such an emergency now, why wasn't it when Reggie went down?

Reclamation projects only work if they are ex-Colts leaving for other teams, see: Tim Jennings, Jerry Hughes and soon-to-be, Donald Brown

Britt will not be resigned by the Titans. Would any of you give this game a chance? How would you feel if Colts signed him. Me personally I'd take him on our team. Would bring a toughness to our team. What does everyone else think?

If he took a cheap deal .. He has talent but his head is somewhere else.

I rather keep developing Whalen,Rogers and Brazill.

Britt and Nicks...     NO, unless league min is the number with lots of "incentives" to motivate these duds.  

These guys are lazy and uninterested.        Not winners.

I think James Jones would be a realistic target in FA.    

Interesting....

I have the exact opposite view.     As much as I love the young ones in college,  I think we need to go heavily to defense with our top picks.

EXACTLY...      Drafting a rookie WR is "THE ABSOLUTE RISKIEST POSITION TO DRAFT"    and it is not close.

Draft D, go for OL and WR in FA.   I think the O will be fine, with Allen, Wayne, Thomas, and Ballard coming back.   And hopefully T Rich will come around.

And I really hope Brown is retained.   But locally it is looking more and more like he is gone.

I wouldn't mind signing Kenny Britt but that'd be 

1. Reggie Wayne

2. Ty Hilton

3. Griff Whalen

4. LaVon Brazill

5. Da'Rick Rogers

6. Kenny Britt

Would we be able to carry 6 WR's?? 

Don't see DHB coming back next season btw

They're not going to carry 6 WRs in this case.  Griff could end up on the practice squad again or simply cut.  Britt has a lot of talent and Reggie might be able to teach him how to become a real pro.  Britt would be coming into a winning culture and that might be what he needs.  If he can stay healthy….thats a big "if"

EXACTLY...      Drafting a rookie WR is "THE ABSOLUTE RISKIEST POSITION TO DRAFT"    and it is not close.

Draft D, go for OL and WR in FA.   I think the O will be fine, with Allen, Wayne, Thomas, and Ballard coming back.   And hopefully T Rich will come around.

And I really hope Brown is retained.   But locally it is looking more and more like he is gone.

I am not advocating we draft a WR, but it is not necessarily the riskiest position.  Depending on how you want to judge risk, I would say it looks like RB is the riskiest, but you definitely can't say "it is not close".  This is the best break down of risk past the 1st round I found .... http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Digging-deeper-into-draft-probabilities.html

They're not going to carry 6 WRs in this case.  Griff could end up on the practice squad again or simply cut.  Britt has a lot of talent and Reggie might be able to teach him how to become a real pro.  Britt would be coming into a winning culture and that might be what he needs.  If he can stay healthy….thats a big "if"

Griff is no longer PS eligible. 

A tall, athletic, deep threat with a troubled past that can be had on the cheap (and is worth the risk to them.....yeah; definitely not something they have or would ever look at

My bad. For some reason I thought we were talking about Donald Brown. Must have gotten my threads mixed up. I agree, I could see them taking a look at Britt.

I wouldn't mind signing Kenny Britt but that'd be 

1. Reggie Wayne

2. Ty Hilton

3. Griff Whalen

4. LaVon Brazill

5. Da'Rick Rogers

6. Kenny Britt

Would we be able to carry 6 WR's?? 

Don't see DHB coming back next season btw

Yea.....Kenny Britt is better than Whalen, Brazil and Rogers. When healthy he's easily better than them. No way he'd be 6th on the depth chart.

Yea.....Kenny Britt is better than Whalen, Brazil and Rogers. When healthy he's easily better than them. No way he'd be 6th on the depth chart.

I wasn't listing that in depth chart order just sorta came out that way. But if they sign Kenny, more power to us imo

Nothing like having multiple weapons for your QB. They'll take advantage of multiple weapons, unless your name is Andy Dalton then you just don't do too well when given numerous weapons

Amen.   The voice of truth.