Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Give New England credit. They are still a huge force.....

Jules

With all the injuries they have had this season they are still possibly the most brutal team to play in their house in the playoffs. And don't feel bad about being high on us winning or thinking we had a good shot, as fans there is no harm in riding the wave of optimism and emotion. I thought we had a shot too. We kept chipping away at times in this game and staying in it......but then it snow balled on a young QB and our team.

Don't bash the Colts too hard. We are not that far off. We have beaten some very good teams this year and also got our first playoff win with Luck, in historical fashion too. The playoff monkey is off our backs......and we are STILL rebuilding.

But, NE is still a force to reckon with. They just "find ways" and are incredibly more experienced at this too then we currently are. There is a reason why it's so tough to win there. Baltimore with their veteran D was the best at it and when the Jets won there it was one of the biggest upsets we have seen.

We will be back. The future is bright. And congrats to all our Patriots fans here. Good luck next weekend.

p.s. Is it Peyton time yet? lol I think that wagon is going to get stronger then ever!

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, New England is still the high water mark in the AFC in my opinion (concerning post-season play). 

We got to watch our Colts win 12 games this year (including post season) when many had us pegged at a 5 or 6 win team, and that was before the injuries.

Congrats Pats fans.  

Yep, New England is still the high water mark in the AFC in my opinion (concerning post-season play). 

We got to watch our Colts win 12 games this year (including post season) when many had us pegged at a 5 or 6 win team, and that was before the injuries.

Congrats Pats fans.  

Yes, they are still the team to beat.  The Pats certainly ran it down the Colts throat tonight.  Congrats to their team.

won we suck 4 int,s due too bad offence line , reason why Brady didn't,t have any he a way better offence line , period . had a better defense  we did have 4 starters on ir . have mostly all rookies wr,s after injury their starters.  luck try he push it and lost .

Great season for the Colts. Happy to win and advance but look forward to more Pats/Colts match ups.

Me too. You guys have a great team. It's what we want to be.

Most of us here will be rooting for Peyton next week, but I think you can run on them just as well.

I had us at 8-8 this year. Great season. Every season you don't win the SB is bitter at the end.

Wish we won today, but still a bright future for this team.

That being said. We need some upgrades to take the next step. We don't currently possess the pieces to get to the next level.

two things make me bitter:

1) Brady doesn't even crack 200 yards passing or has a TD. I hate making it so easy on QBs.........HATE IT.  I feel like Colts QBs usually have to run through wind and fire to get wins.

2) The Colts/Chiefs pattern is dead.

two things make me bitter:

1) Brady doesn't even crack 200 yards passing or has a TD. I hate making it so easy on QBs.........HATE IT. I feel like Colts QBs usually have to run through wind and fire to get wins.

2) The Colts/Chiefs pattern is dead.

It's all my caul Jules. I didn't wear my lucky Colts playoff hoodie. It was in the wash.

I'm soooo sorry!!!

Pats don't have a great history in Denver though with Brady. But, Denver still has to win a playoff game first........

Hey Jules. Hope you are doing Ok. Tough game for sure but Colts will be good for a long time.

In terms of Denver you are right but Brady has beaten Denver the last four times he has played them going back two years. He shreds Del Rio defenses but I think they run on Denver anyways if they do beat SD which I am not sure they will. SD actually scares me more.

Most of us here will be rooting for Peyton next week, but I think you can run on them just as well.

Speak for yourself when you say "we" want to be like the Pats. I for one want to be nothing like that organization. That's like selling your soul to the devil for a few W's. No thanks.

With all the injuries they have had this season they are still possibly the most brutal team to play in their house in the playoffs. And don't feel bad about being high on us winning or thinking we had a good shot, as fans there is no harm in riding the wave of optimism and emotion. I thought we had a shot too. We kept chipping away at times in this game and staying in it......but then it snow balled on a young QB and our team.

Don't bash the Colts too hard. We are not that far off. We have beaten some very good teams this year and also got our first playoff win with Luck, in historical fashion too. The playoff monkey is off our backs......and we are STILL rebuilding.

But, NE is still a force to reckon with. They just "find ways" and are incredibly more experienced at this too then we currently are. There is a reason why it's so tough to win there. Baltimore with their veteran D was the best at it and when the Jets won there it was one of the biggest upsets we have seen.

We will be back. The future is bright. And congrats to all our Patriots fans here. Good luck next weekend.

p.s. Is it Peyton time yet? lol I think that wagon is going to get stronger then ever!

not really they play in a weak division and have beat the colts a team that is not there yet but ahead of schedule. they have won the same number of play off games as the colts this year and are in the afccg. They will lose next week trust me

Thanks Jules. I never felt comfortable until the end. You will never be out of a game with Andrew Luck. The Colts proved this season that they belong.

Just as well? No way. I think I saw the Pats hand it off to Michelle Obama one time tonight and she gained 7 yards.

Honestly.......what is it with us in NE? Good Lord. Goes back to Peyton too. Those few times we won in NE we must have slipped valium in their Gatorade. It's like playing in football hell. Seattle is overhyped......it's about playing in NE. It's awful. lmao

Just as well? No way. I think I saw the Pats hand it off to Michelle Obama one time tonight and she gained 7 yards.

Honestly.......what is it with us in NE? Good Lord. Goes back to Peyton too. Those few times we won in NE we must have slipped valium in their Gatorade. It's like playing in football hell. Seattle is overhyped......it's about playing in NE. It's awful. lmao

Gee...I wonder why that is???

Hey Jules. Hope you are doing Ok. Tough game for sure but Colts will be good for a long time.

In terms of Denver you are right but Brady has beaten Denver the last four times he has played them going back two years. He shreds Del Rio defenses but I think they run on Denver anyways if they do beat SD which I am not sure they will. SD actually scares me more.

Oh I am fine. Had a smoke and I feel better now. Actually when you are in the position as fans we have been in since last year you can dream big at times.....cause sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.

Problem is it got to the point tonight even though I had some hope we were only down by a few scores......I remember thinking, "How is winning like this sustainable"?.  I think we will be back next year but we have some serious cleaning up to do.

As for Denver, hope they beat SD since that is no gimmie to me. SD gives me the heebie jeebies.....

Just as well? No way. I think I saw the Pats hand it off to Michelle Obama one time tonight and she gained 7 yards.

Honestly.......what is it with us in NE? Good Lord. Goes back to Peyton too. Those few times we won in NE we must have slipped valium in their Gatorade. It's like playing in football hell. Seattle is overhyped......it's about playing in NE. It's awful. lmao

BB knows how to pick O linemen. It all starts there, that's their foundation.

Oh I am fine. Had a smoke and I feel better now. Actually when you are in the position as fans we have been in since last year you can dream big at times.....cause sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.

Problem is it got to the point tonight even though I had some hope we were only down by a few scores......I remember thinking, "How is winning like this sustainable"?.  I think we will be back next year but we have some serious cleaning up to do.

As for Denver, hope they beat SD since that is no gimmie to me. SD gives me the heebie jeebies.....

I am with you. I had dinner with my husband tonight before the game and all we talked about was how blessed we have been to see this Pats win as much as they have. You have to enjoy when you have it and you are going to have many years with Luck to come and many more post-season games.

pats overrated team , Seattle  , Denver and panther better all round teams 49ers and pats same . colts win first game playoffs not good win second round luck just 2 year old in nfl still semi-green , look panther qb, sucked tell 3rd season have great chance get too  sb .,

pats overrated team , Seattle , Denver and panther better all round teams 49ers and pats same . colts win first game playoffs not good win second round luck just 2 year old in nfl still semi-green , look panther qb, sucked tell 3rd season have great chance get too sb .,

Love this post lol

Call me crazy but New England is probably the best team in the NFL in my opinion. Yikes. I said it.

Can't wait for Belichek and Brady to retire.

Blount seems to have done wonders for this offense in a very short span of time. They should give Denver a run for their money (I don't expect SD to win tomorrow). I wonder what Tampa Bay is thinking right now.

Blount seems to have done wonders for this offense in a very short span of time. They should give Denver a run for their money (I don't expect SD to win tomorrow). I wonder what Tampa Bay is thinking right now.

It's crazy how you can put someone in a patriots jersey and they are all of a sudden better. Their coaching and technique of the game is unbelievable. Wish the colts had that. Especially in the run game.

It's crazy how you can put someone in a patriots jersey and they are all of a sudden better. Their coaching and technique of the game is unbelievable. Wish the colts had that. Especially in the run game.

Yeah. And wasn't Talib a misfit from that same team? They definitely do a great job of coaching.

Every team that played today had a great run game except for us. :gloomy: