Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Give New England credit. They are still a huge force.....

Jules

With all the injuries they have had this season they are still possibly the most brutal team to play in their house in the playoffs. And don't feel bad about being high on us winning or thinking we had a good shot, as fans there is no harm in riding the wave of optimism and emotion. I thought we had a shot too. We kept chipping away at times in this game and staying in it......but then it snow balled on a young QB and our team.

Don't bash the Colts too hard. We are not that far off. We have beaten some very good teams this year and also got our first playoff win with Luck, in historical fashion too. The playoff monkey is off our backs......and we are STILL rebuilding.

But, NE is still a force to reckon with. They just "find ways" and are incredibly more experienced at this too then we currently are. There is a reason why it's so tough to win there. Baltimore with their veteran D was the best at it and when the Jets won there it was one of the biggest upsets we have seen.

We will be back. The future is bright. And congrats to all our Patriots fans here. Good luck next weekend.

p.s. Is it Peyton time yet? lol I think that wagon is going to get stronger then ever!

Thanks Jules.

FWIW seeing Luck make some of those ridiculous throws with guys draped all over him was pretty impressive. Get that kid some weapons and a line and he'll be ok.

Been a Pats fan a long time, first game in 1979 when I was 7. They were so bad or so long, probably even worse than the Colts those same years. And at least the Colts always has Unitas and the glory days. So I'm unapologetically enjoying this, haha...

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's crazy how you can put someone in a patriots jersey and they are all of a sudden better. Their coaching and technique of the game is unbelievable. Wish the colts had that. Especially in the run game.

not the coach its the players team effect, coaches send in the plays  period.  it's up too the players . you forgot history this coach first started out a coach he was a loser . tell he got too new England has highest salary cap in nfl . money and players that win . why lakers a dynasty . have money. colts small market  we win players and fans decent coaches and got a lot luck are drafting 2 best qb in manning and luck .

Favorable calls by the refs and all right?

Huh? How many penalties were there total? Like 10 and I think half were on the Pats STs. lol. I didn't even know the refs were there which was a good thing. Don't think offensive holding was called once. They let the players play which was fine by me.

The Pats arent as good as the Colts made them look. Colts defense is just soft as tissue paper. As usual. Pats will be slapped back into reality when they face a real team with a respectable defense.

Meanwhile...this Colts team has a long way to go with that soft defense and poor running game. We will attempt to address these again this offseason only to likely have the same problems again next season like we always do. Colts havent been physically tough since they left Baltimore. Too soft in Indy.

Huh? How many penalties were there total? Like 10 and I think half were on the Pats STs. lol. I didn't even know the refs were there which was a good thing. Don't think offensive holding was called once. They let the players play which was fine by me.

Of course it was fine by you. They called a questionable pass interference call that kept your momentum going and out you in scoring range. Then they missed a blatant tripping by your defense in addition to not calling two blatant PI calls against your team. The refs killed to Colts drives at the most pinnacle part of the game. Don't give me that "Huh? They let the players play crap." Your team played hard but it was a "complete win" favorable calls and all. And you know it.

I have seen a lot of playoff wins but this one may have been the most complete ... except for that awful punt snap. :-/

when you cheat always . one may have been the most complete game  yes .  time colts got going you cheat and non calls on them the refs.

Well since you brought up the coaching and sending in the plays, can anyone explain the coach sending in the play of "punt" when we were 4th and 1 and down by 3 TDs in the 4th quarter and allowing the pats a chance at running the clock out? That is one sure way I see the coaches affecting the game. Did they really not have the confidence in their offense to get 1 yard at that key point in the game? A score there could have changed the tempo of the game.

The Pats arent as good as the Colts made them look. Colts defense is just soft as tissue paper. As usual. Pats will be slapped back into reality when they face a real team with a respectable defense.

Meanwhile...this Colts team has a long way to go with that soft defense and poor running game. We will attempt to address these again this offseason only to likely have the same problems again next season like we always do. Colts havent been physically tough since they left Baltimore. Too soft in Indy.

Have hope......we can toughen up.

I am being a good sport in a way (said congrats even to KC when the game was over) but I do agree it won't be this easy for NE when they face a team who can stop the run better and who won't turn it over as much. There are a lot of chances for QBs to get plays vs. that defense.

Favorable calls by the refs and all right?

yes , refs fav  , new England win . rematch with peyton manning  not about football its about rating and money.

funny going too be play in Denver no fav refs for new England . cause nfl want,s Denver too win get into the sb  cause it higher rating then new england . karma a + you cheat.

Of course it was fine by you. They called a questionable pass interference call that kept your momentum going and out you in scoring range. Then they missed a blatant tripping by your defense in addition to not calling two blatant PI calls against your team. The refs killed to Colts drives at the most pinnacle part of the game. Don't give me that "Huh? They let the players play crap." Your team played hard but it was a "complete win" favorable calls and all. And you know it.

I guess in the end you can always blame the refs even in a blow out. :thmup:

Although I am still impressed NE can insert nobodies and make it click.....

But, I am also not sure if we made them look much better then they are? Turnovers and run D were dreadful.......I think I just saw the Pats rip off another 8 yard run..........

I like how a lot of Pats fans want to play Denver.

Be careful what you ask for.

Last time, the Pats played Peyton in an AFCCG at Peyton's home, we know what happend. 

I am going to savor every moment of this week. Can't believe Pats are in their 8th AFCCG in Brady era. Whoever they play will be awesome. It is the game to get to THE game.

I guess in the end you can always blame the refs even in a blow out. :thmup:

It wasn't a blowout until the team got desperate after the refs "influence."

Why are you on a Colts forum again exactly? Is it because you're stuck being a fan of a classless, cheating organization and it makes you sick to your stomach. But you stay a fan of them because winning, even if it's by unsavory means, feels good? Now you're here because you want to touch true greatness?

Don't act like you have never felt that you were cheated by the refs. You can take that "holier than thou" crap somewhere else.

I like how a lot of Pats fans want to play Denver.

Be careful what you ask for.

Last time, the Pats played Peyton in an AFCCG at Peyton's home, we know what happend. 

I think Denver beats NE if it comes to that. The key for Denver is this SD game.....getting this so called playoff monkey off the back again and beating a VERY tough and hot division rival. Peyton is usually IMO better in AFCCG's then in divisional games.

Manning in a title game in Denver won't have the careless turnovers the Colts had. Nor will their run D be as bad as ours. Granted they have weaknesses but they won't hit all time lows like we did either at times. Luck still put up some decent numbers at times outside of the turnovers.

Why are you on a Colts forum again exactly? Is it because you're stuck being a fan of a classless, cheating organization and it makes you sick to your stomach. But you stay a fan of them because winning, even if it's by unsavory means, feels good? Now you're here because you want to touch true greatness?

Don't act like you have never felt that you were cheated by the refs. You can take that "holier than thou" crap somewhere else.

I love this board. Been hear almost a year. Loved tonight's game. Love playing the Colts. Luck is the real deal and your team is going to be a tour de force for many years to come.

Very few calls by the refs tonight in general .... 4 on Colts, 4 on Pats.

I am going to savor every moment of this week. Can't believe Pats are in their 8th AFCCG in Brady era. Whoever they play will be awesome. It is the game to get to THE game. I am feeling this right now. :rock:  :disco:  :cheer2:

Well this is a Colts forum after a loss in the playoffs.....lets be careful in the celebrations here too shall we as an opposing fan?

I think Denver beats NE if it comes to that. The key for Denver is this SD game.....getting this so called playoff monkey off the back again and beating a VERY tough and hot division rival. Peyton is usually IMO better in AFCCG's then in divisional games.

Manning in a title game in Denver won't have the careless turnovers the Colts had. Nor will their run D be as bad as ours. Granted they have weaknesses but they won't hit all time lows like we did either at times. Luck still put up some decent numbers at times outside of the turnovers.

Denver wins tomorrow.

Their run D is so weakened by loss of Vickerson and Wolfe. Miller gone.

What the heck, the rest will show up.

I love this board. Been hear almost a year. Loved tonight's game. Love playing the Colts. Luck is the real deal and your team is going to be a tour de force for many years to come.

Very few calls by the refs tonight in general .... 4 on Colts, 4 on Pats.

It's not as simple as that. The 4 calls against the Pats were crap special teams calls that made little to no difference in the outcome of the game.

The crap PI call kept your scoring drive alive. The NON CALLS that were OBVIOUS had a huge impact on the gagne by stopping two Colts drives that would have likely given us the lead.

Since you seem to be high and mighty why don't you honestly admit that the tripping of Luck (who would have converted that third down) was obvious and not called.

Just stating my feels Jules but I gotcha. I will tone it down. No more emoticons. Just removed them from the post.

I understand you are excited. I would be too. I think some are still fuming though. I am more joking around now myself.......

With Manning/Brady it is a toughie too and I know the networks now REALLY have to want this game. Both are reaching the later years of their career and it's all on the line....

Guess we have to *gulp* wait our turn. Sigh......

It's not as simple as that. The 4 calls against the Pats were crap special teams calls that made little to no difference in the outcome of the game.

The crap PI call kept your scoring drive alive. The NON CALLS that were OBVIOUS had a huge impact on the gagne by stopping two Colts drives that would have likely given us the lead.

Since you seem to be high and mighty why don't you honestly admit that the tripping of Luck (who would have converted that third down) was obvious and not called.

Yes a definite miss on the tripping. The PI was an easy call the defender never turned around and face guarded Endelman.

Still, 8 penalties is a good game from the refs. They let the players played with some missed calls for sure.

dif a new England fan and colts we respect their forums  , go their say hey grats on won , better luck for us next time. we don,t stay on their forums and gloat are blog them . its their forums not are,s  . sounds like your either bore with your forums just want bug are place...

Denver wins tomorrow.

Their run D is so weakened by loss of Vickerson and Wolfe. Miller gone.

What the heck, the rest will show up.

They sure the heck better limit the run. SD is going to want to pound the rock. And we all know NE will want to as well.

Man you are on a roll!!! Your spot on with everything about the patriots

Yes a definite miss on the tripping. The PI was an easy call the defender never turned around and face guarded Endelman.

Still, 8 penalties is a good game from the refs. They let the players played with some missed calls for sure.

see your still here trying believe your nonsense about refs. google this group of refs worst in nfl too do favs for new England too win . a lot non calls on new England would got colts 2 td and none for ne.

It's not the number of flags thrown or not thrown. It's the refs throwing/not throwing the appropriate flags. (Like how you tossed "facemasked Edelman" in there. That is not even close to being true).

I'm obviously dealing with a Pats homer who likes to look at the situation through Pats goggles. You have lost any credibility as a knowledgable football fan and therefore I will waste no more time on you.

I have definitely blamed games vs the pats in the past but the refs did not ruin this game. Yes some calls were missed but we just got beat. Some big miscues and IMO bad coaching decisions were the big factors. Kneeling down going into halftime with 30 seconds left and 2 time outs, punting on 4th and 1 down by 3 TDs in the 4th qtr, a stupid pass interference on a pats 3rd and 8 and many, many missed tackles just to name a few. Colts played hard and lost. Thats it. It was a great year and the past two were better than anyone can expect, so lets enjoy that. Still "Building the Monster"

For now, Go Peyton. For next year and beyond…Go Colts!

The ball was 10 yards behind him it was uncatchable nonsense PI call but its ok for the pats to straight up tackle our WRs??