Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Give New England credit. They are still a huge force.....

Jules

The Patriots as an organization are always highly ranked regardless of roster changes & injuries.

Both our teams suffered many injuries this season & quite frankly, I'm impressed with how both of these teams

were able to perform with the "next man up" mentality.

It almost seems inherent that being a Colts fan we must HATE all things Patriots.

Just like a Yankee fan has to hate all things Red Sox.

Throughout my experience with this it has generally been the "fans" of the team that has drawn

most of my ire.

I admire the Patriots winning tradition & ability to always be in the mix in the end.

I LOVE my Colts but I can't help but envy what the Patriots have been at least the past dozen years or so.

I am excited about our future & I look forward to the Colts being highly relevent for years to come & I

hope to celebrate as many championships as is possible.

The Patriot fans here on the board have been classy & knowledgeable & a pleasure to banter back & forth with.

I wish them luck, I cannot root for them as it is not in my DNA. However, should you push past either Denver or SD,

please win the SB as I am also an AFC fan.

GO COLTS IN 2014.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speak for yourself when you say "we" want to be like the Pats. I for one want to be nothing like that organization. That's like selling your soul to the devil for a few W's. No thanks.

How have the Pats "sold their souls"?

I understand the price of greatness is often inspiring jealousy in the inferior, but I'll NEVER understand the the Pat's haters.

I've never heard Tom Brady or Belichik ever blame the officials or anyone but themselves for any losses. They're the NFL's gold standard.

I've been very impressed by most Indy fans and they're knowledgeable and classy, but anyone who equates the Pats with some Evil Empire is just crazy. I'm pretty sure they're not even in the top 10 as far as the percentage of their salary cap used.  

Well if you think of it positive.

That team will be nothing 3-4 years from now when Brady is gone. They will no longer pick up high caliber players for a cheap price (aka Randy Moss) without Brady. Nor do they even know HOW to draft. They got lucky with Brady.

By that time, Colts will be the king of the AFC.

The Patriots are 11-5 WITHOUT Tom Brady. 

This might come off wrong, but I'll give the actual players on the Pats credit, but you posters, nope. You can enjoy the win without me saying "you did a really good job drinking beer, yelling at a T.V, wearing a grown mans game jersey".

I can't help but feel like the Colts simply were not ready for that stage. They had some chances, but "flawless" isn't where this squad is, and in order to beat Brady and BB that's what's required. 

That said, the Patriots are public enemy #1 now, and I hope they get it handed to them like they handed it us. So tired of them. GO AWAY TOM!

Yeah any Colts fan worth their salt couldn't possibly ever root for the pats at this point…..like EVER!!!! Is Belicheck a genius of the game? Yeah seems to be so, but he is still a classless jerk that has no morals of competition (spy gate) or common decency (can't even look his opponents in the eye after the game) and makes himself look like a homeless vagrant even though he is the head of one of the top organizations in the NFL (most people dress better to watch the game on their couch), so no, I will never, ever like him. And yes pats fans, EVEN if he coached the Colts! Brady? Well other than the winning, he himself really has not done anything for me to hate him and could respect him. Its the media that actually makes me hate him. Example: last night after the pats picked off the first play and then Brady handed the ball to Blount who barreled in for the TD, the first words out of Dierdorff's mouth were "And there is number 12, Tom Brady showing how its done once again!" Umm what? How is Brady getting credit for that?? The defense got the pick, and the running back ran a straight draw play right up the gut! Pretty sure even our boy Curtis Painter could've handled that one. He is good but gets too much credit for their success. The constant comparisons to Peyton Manning make me the most insane. I feel like Peyton would have 8 Super Bowl rings if he had the well rounded teams around him that Brady has had. 2006 is proof of that. That year the defense was amazing in the playoffs and the running game played over their head. Every game Peyton has ever played, he has had the pressure of knowing that everything was on him. See colts 3 years ago for further proof. the one year he was out they won 3 games. The year Brady was out, Matt Cassel didn't miss a beat. Now Peyton has more tools than ever so it will definitely test this statement at 4pm today. All that said, its not really Tom's fault that I can't like him…..but I just freaking can't! I actually dislike Rivers more, so if Peyton doesn't get it done today……..I still couldn't root for the pats…….so god forbid that happens…..its officially baseball season tomorrow!!!!!

Huh? How many penalties were there total? Like 10 and I think half were on the Pats STs. lol. I didn't even know the refs were there which was a good thing. Don't think offensive holding was called once. They let the players play which was fine by me.

C'mon . The score was 29-22 and the refs miss two blatant calls on consecutive drives that thwart both drives. The tripping no doubt kills a first down run and the PI on Whalen was about 88 times more blatant than the one on Gordy. He just plain grabbed him and threw him to the ground. Pretty silly to add the penalties and divide by the number of teams playing in the game.

You also made a comment in another thread mentioning how Belichick shut Hilton down . I wouldn't call over 100 yards while being double teamed most of the game being "shut down."

It's fine letting them play . There was an obvious late hit on Luck , they let it go and call the one on Butler. Fine .. no problem. But you can't allow tripping and yanking a WR to the ground on a crucial 3rd down pass ... that's poor officiating... at least according to M Perria. 

Anway... you have been a pretty good winner and didn't rub it in. Also the Colts were by no means a SB team and you cant give up almost 100 points in two playoff games and cry about losing. But no doubt those non calls contributed to the Colts wearing down and also prevented them from getting even in the game.

This might come off wrong, but I'll give the actual players on the Pats credit, but you posters, nope. You can enjoy the win without me saying "you did a really good job drinking beer, yelling at a T.V, wearing a grown mans game jersey".

I can't help but feel like the Colts simply were not ready for that stage. They had some chances, but "flawless" isn't where this squad is, and in order to beat Brady and BB that's what's required. 

That said, the Patriots are public enemy #1 now, and I hope they get it handed to them like they handed it us. So tired of them. GO AWAY TOM!

Didn't come off wrong- I get it and have always steered away from congrats either way.   Like the fan played a part in the win. :)

Wait I did yell loud so........ ;) <k/d>

C'mon . The score was 29-22 and the refs miss two blatant calls on consecutive drives that thwart both drives. The tripping no doubt kills a first down run and the PI on Whalen was about 88 times more blatant than the one on Gordy. He just plain grabbed him and threw him to the ground. Pretty silly to add the penalties and divide by the number of teams playing in the game.

You also made a comment in another thread mentioning how Belichick shut Hilton down . I wouldn't call over 100 yards while being double teamed most of the game being "shut down."

It's fine letting them play . There was an obvious late hit on Luck , they let it go and call the one on Butler. Fine .. no problem. But you can't allow tripping and yanking a WR to the ground on a crucial 3rd down pass ... that's poor officiating... at least according to M Perria. 

Anway... you have been a pretty good winner and didn't rub it in. Also the Colts were by no means a SB team and you cant give up almost 100 points in two playoff games and cry about losing. But no doubt those non calls contributed to the Colts wearing down and also prevented them from getting even in the game.

Sure, no games are perfect by the refs. I felt Jones was getting wrestled almost every play yet no holding. They obviously made it a point that they were going to let a lot go which is fine by me. I hate when it rains flags especially in a playoff game.

In terms of Hilton, didn't a large chunk of that 100 yards come on one play? He had just four catches and no TDs and was knocked off his game early by Talib and seemed to really dislike the contact as he was getting nicked up quite a bit and coming off the field. I mean no disrespect but the Pats thought he would be a little soft and played right up in his grill and it worked IMO.

How have the Pats "sold their souls"?

I understand the price of greatness is often inspiring jealousy in the inferior, but I'll NEVER understand the the Pat's haters.

I've never heard Tom Brady or Belichik ever blame the officials or anyone but themselves for any losses. They're the NFL's gold standard.

I've been very impressed by most Indy fans and they're knowledgeable and classy, but anyone who equates the Pats with some Evil Empire is just crazy. I'm pretty sure they're not even in the top 10 as far as the percentage of their salary cap used.

Never heard them blame officials? That's rich. Exhibit A:

http://youtu.be/DzGV06OKZTk

Gold standard of the NFL? Even richer.

Exhibit B: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_National_Football_League_videotaping_controversy

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, January 12, 2014 - inappropriate
Hidden by 21isSuperman, January 12, 2014 - inappropriate

No championships are achieved on the up and up in any professional sport.

I see you dodged the question with a nonsense response. Based on my limited exposure to you, you appear to be a despicable human being. It makes me sick to my stomach that you can contribute to the gene pool.

Sure, no games are perfect by the refs. I felt Jones was getting wrestled almost every play yet no holding. They obviously made it a point that they were going to let a lot go which is fine by me. I hate when it rains flags especially in a playoff game.

In terms of Hilton, didn't a large chunk of that 100 yards come on one play? He had just four catches and no TDs and was knocked off his game early by Talib and seemed to really dislike the contact as he was getting nicked up quite a bit and coming off the field. I mean no disrespect but the Pats thought he would be a little soft and played right up in his grill and it worked IMO.

Wasn't Dierdorf chuckling at the Pat's holding ? There's always holding and the obvious one on 3rd down that resulted in the Pat TD really didn't bother me. So we can let all that NE holding go. What I'm talking about is just swallowing a whistle on an obvious game changing play. 

Forget the tripping call . They probably didn't see that. However the one on Whalen is pure robbery. They just make a very bad call on Gordy that gives NE a TD instead of a FG try and then they turn a blind eye to that brutal mugging ? He freakin tackled him as he tried to get to the ball. Another official from 20 yards away should have corrected that brutal screwing and it's done all the time. 

As for Hilton , he had a nice game considering they put their shut down CB on him and doubled him most of the time. He's been gimpy for 8 weeks with a shoulder injury all year.  I didn't see him back down in the least and missed 1 snap due to injury. Really don't know what you mean by your comments. Did he back off in any way ? Maybe short armed a ball that he could have caught ? I don't remember missing any plays but maybe I dozed off. 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 13, 2014 - complaining about moderation
Hidden by Nadine, January 13, 2014 - complaining about moderation

Apparently the moderator feels like I have been a bad boy and have me a slap on the wrist. I guess pointing out your short comings is against the rules. I'm sure this will get me kicked but it still does not change the fact that I can't stand you or your corrupt team.

Wasn't Dierdorf chuckling at the Pat's holding ? There's always holding and the obvious one on 3rd down that resulted in the Pat TD really didn't bother me. So we can let all that NE holding go. What I'm talking about is just swallowing a whistle on an obvious game changing play. 

Forget the tripping call . They probably didn't see that. However the one on Whalen is pure robbery. They just make a very bad call on Gordy that gives NE a TD instead of a FG try and then they turn a blind eye to that brutal mugging ? He freakin tackled him as he tried to get to the ball. Another official from 20 yards away should have corrected that brutal screwing and it's done all the time. 

As for Hilton , he had a nice game considering they put their shut down CB on him and doubled him most of the time. He's been gimpy for 8 weeks with a shoulder injury all year.  I didn't see him back down in the least and missed 1 snap due to injury. Really don't know what you mean by your comments. Did he back off in any way ? Maybe short armed a ball that he could have caught ? I don't remember missing any plays but maybe I dozed off. 

Yeah, some missed calls and so forth. But only 8 penalties called and 4 on each team so I thought it was fair. I thought the Endelman call was PI but the Whalen one was too. So yeah they missed that one. And I don't think they saw the trip either. I wish a coach could challenge a play like that. I know they can challenge 12 men on the field so why not something as blatant as that?

In terms of TY, he was gaming for sure but Luck really did not look his way that much. I think he had 6 targets so all and all Talib kept him in check. I think the one long ball he caught was on Dennard for 50 yards which was a nice throw and catch. I think with Bill he was trying to make Luck uncomfortable by playing Ty close all game and it seemed to make Luck a little anxious with his throws but honestly you don't have a ton of talent in your receiving corp just like the Pats outside of TY. I thought you should have run Brown more but once you got behind it became about Luck and that is a tall order as the Pats brought a lot of pressure on him.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 13, 2014 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, January 13, 2014 - quoting removed post

Apparently the moderator feels like I have been a bad boy and have me a slap on the wrist. I guess pointing out your short comings is against the rules. I'm sure this will get me kicked but it still does not change the fact that I can't stand you or your corrupt team.

No... I think that post is ell within the rules. You don't have to like her or that team.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 16, 2014 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, January 16, 2014 - personal shot

Never heard them blame officials? That's rich. Exhibit A:

http://youtu.be/DzGV06OKZTk

Exhibit B: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_National_Football_League_videotaping_controversy

Arguing with a ref = blaming them for a loss? Every player argues with refs every once in a while. Especially for such ridiculously bad calls as that one. The Pats three losses this year were all on bad calls, that's empirical evidence that they don't get ANY special treatment. And no one here in Boston was crying like you after those games.

Show me ONE example of Brady blaming someone other than himself or the team for a loss.

If you think the Colts and EVERY other NFL team wasn't doing the EXACT same thing the Pats were ..then you're the most naive little lamb on Earth. Grow up.

Your team got a good old fashioned beat down. Not owning it just makes you even weaker.

Yeah, some missed calls and so forth. But only 8 penalties called and 4 on each team so I thought it was fair. I thought the Endelman call was PI but the Whalen one was too. So yeah they missed that one. And I don't think they saw the trip either. I wish a coach could challenge a play like that. I know they can challenge 12 men on the field so why not something as blatant as that?

In terms of TY, he was gaming for sure but Luck really did not look his way that much. I think he had 6 targets so all and all Talib kept him in check. I think the one long ball he caught was on Dennard for 50 yards which was a nice throw and catch. I think with Bill he was trying to make Luck uncomfortable by playing Ty close all game and it seemed to make Luck a little anxious with his throws but honestly you don't have a ton of talent in your receiving corp just like the Pats outside of TY. I thought you should have run Brown more but once you got behind it became about Luck and that is a tall order as the Pats brought a lot of pressure on him.

The Colts just had zero running game last night , I thought they tried but sooner or later you hav ego give it up. 

Officiating last night was not "fair" as you imply. Just because there were 4 apiece doesn't take away that the officials stopped two Colt drives late in the game with the score 29-22. That's huge impact on the result of the game. I fail to see anything close to that kind of benefit the Colts got from the whistle swallowing. 

That said , I'm not saying they took a win away from us. We gave up 43 points and that doesn't win games . Just dumbfounded that these officials just get worse by the week. 

The Colts just had zero running game last night , I thought they tried but sooner or later you hav ego give it up. 

Officiating last night was not "fair" as you imply. Just because there were 4 apiece doesn't take away that the officials stopped two Colt drives late in the game with the score 29-22. That's huge impact on the result of the game. I fail to see anything close to that kind of benefit the Colts got from the whistle swallowing. 

That said , I'm not saying they took a win away from us. We gave up 43 points and that doesn't win games . Just dumbfounded that these officials just get worse by the week. 

Yeah I suppose they can't win. Fans hate it when the rain flags and then get mad at them for the non-calls. I am a big fan of letting the players play and like how the refs call playoff games but it is very different from the regular season and there needs to be more consistency. But not sure it will be solved as long as the human element is present.

What are you hoping the Colts do this off-season to improve? Do you see Richardson getting back to being the starting RB? How about Reggie? Does he have another high caliber year left coming off of major knee surgery?

Never heard them blame officials? That's rich. Exhibit A: http://youtu.be/DzGV06OKZTk

You mean the play where the Patriots were robbed, as admitted by every NFL expert everywhere?

And the refs did not properly explain the call?

Yeah, I wonder why he was so upset. Peyton has also lit into refs on the field.

too pats cheating too them is normal and ok as long it a win.  refs know it let them do it.

Arguing with a ref = blaming them for a loss? Every player argues with refs every once in a while. Especially for such ridiculously bad calls as that one. The Pats three losses this year were all on bad calls, that's empirical evidence that they don't get ANY special treatment. And no one here in Boston was crying like you after those games.

Show me ONE example of Brady blaming someone other than himself or the team for a loss.

If you think the Colts and EVERY other NFL team wasn't doing the EXACT same thing the Pats were ..then you're the most naive little lamb on Earth. Grow up.

Your team got a good old fashioned beat down. Not owning it just makes you even weaker.

Yeah .. giving up like 88 points in two weeks isn't a road to the SB. My only problem is with that crew for swallowing the whistle on the Whalen PI. It's impossible for one of 2 or 3 officials to not throw a flag on that. It gives us a chance to tie the game with 14 minutes left. There can be no way that is not called and I'm not sure I've ever seen a worse non call in a playoff game. Just IMO mind blowing that they turn their heads on that one. 

If that bothers you , you probably should go and visit a Pat board as I don't see any reason we can't be unhappy with that crap. I will never say we were robbed and deserved to win that game as it;s just not true. So what's your point ? We should discuss it ?

have a young qb it mean a lot bad refs  making sure new England wins at all cost . like a chess match . luck scored on that drive when they just 6 points down change the ending the game .  2 times refs stop the colts so they would fav ne .

Yeah I suppose they can't win. Fans hate it when the rain flags and then get mad at them for the non-calls. I am a big fan of letting the players play and like how the refs call playoff games but it is very different from the regular season and there needs to be more consistency. But not sure it will be solved as long as the human element is present.

What are you hoping the Colts do this off-season to improve? Do you see Richardson getting back to being the starting RB? How about Reggie? Does he have another high caliber year left coming off of major knee surgery?

We have to improve the roster period . Interior O line is a disaster . Other than Hilton , lots of question marks. Not nearly enough help for Luck there. Wayne... dunno.. getting old. Richardson was really bad the last few games , counting on him is playing Russian roulette . 

The other side of the ball is not nearly good enough. Grigson did a pretty pedestrian job spending Irsay's money ( plus zero impact from 2013 draft) and we still have cap room for 2014. He has to bring more bang for the buck than he did in 2013.

Anyway , good luck going forward and BTW .. I never thought Spikes going on IR would hurt us. That Collins guy is a big time player.

We have to improve the roster period . Interior O line is a disaster . Other than Hilton , lots of question marks. Not nearly enough help for Luck there. Wayne... dunno.. getting old. Richardson was really bad the last few games , counting on him is playing Russian roulette . 

The other side of the ball is not nearly good enough. Grigson did a pretty pedestrian job spending Irsay's money ( plus zero impact from 2013 draft) and we still have cap room for 2014. He has to bring more bang for the buck than he did in 2013.

Anyway , good luck going forward and BTW .. I never thought Spikes going on IR would hurt us. That Collins guy is a big time player.

Yeah work in progress but a long way from 2-14 and one of the best young QBs in the game. Sounds like you don't like Grigson too much? He seems to be a lot bolder then Polian in terms of trades and FA. I like that. Not sure how his drafts have been though as I have not followed them.

Thanks for the well wishes. Losing Spikes was not a huge deal as he was injured a lot the last month and terrible in coverage. I agree about Collins though. He played a great game last night. He is big and fast. Brian Billick compared him to Adelius Thomas in terms of his skillset. Big guy that has speed and good movement. Not sure I would go that far but I feel a lot better having him covering the backs out of the backfield or the slot WR.

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, January 12, 2014 - baiting
Hidden by -JJ-, January 12, 2014 - baiting

troll from pats, come here too tell us why we lost and tell us what we need too do they think their better then rest the colts and fans. at lest fans and staff don,t cheat win .

Not gonna blame the refs. There were some non calls but at the same time it is playoff football......I often preach to let them play in big games at times. Maybe a few calls help but maybe they don't. I really can't say. We were too up and down in the game overall. Hot and cold.

Luck threw 3 picks (I really don't personally count the final garbage time pick) and we could not stop the run....at all.

NE impresses me with their ability to continue this. With that being said I hope Brady's hair falls out.

Yeah work in progress but a long way from 2-14 and one of the best young QBs in the game. Sounds like you don't like Grigson too much? He seems to be a lot bolder then Polian in terms of trades and FA. I like that. Not sure how his drafts have been though as I have not followed them.

Thanks for the well wishes. Losing Spikes was not a huge deal as he was injured a lot the last month and terrible in coverage. I agree about Collins though. He played a great game last night. He is big and fast. Brian Billick compared him to Adelius Thomas in terms of his skillset. Big guy that has speed and good movement. Not sure I would go that far but I feel a lot better having him covering the backs out of the backfield or the slot WR.

Grigson was great in 2012 and IMO , horrible in 2013. Maybe the draft will look better next year as Thornton had a good second half and maybe Werner comes alive ? But the free agent class was pretty bad . Hopefully losing Telasco is not the reason for the drop off.

I guess your question was do I like Grigson ? Last year a whole lot this year not much... I think the jury i still out. 

you hear spikes went on IR because he missed practice meeting during the snow storm? Just didn't show up at all. They say that's why he went to IR, not that he wasn't hurt some. Bill didn't want to let any remaining playoff  team pick him up if he cut him.

Not gonna blame the refs. There were some non calls but at the same time it is playoff football......I often preach to let them play in big games at times. Maybe a few calls help but maybe they don't. I really can't say. We were too up and down in the game overall. Hot and cold.

Luck threw 3 picks (I really don't personally count the final garbage time pick) and we could not stop the run....at all.

NE impresses me with their ability to continue this. With that being said I hope Brady's hair falls out.

If you don't count the one at the end , you should't count the one that bounced off the FB. But no , we didn't deserve to win the game. I'm just frustrated that these *s in stripped shirts can turn their heads on stuff like that PI on Whalen.