Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The refs have to call pick plays

oldunclemark

KC got at least two big gains (one TD) on clear cut pick plays where one receiver knocked down the DB covering someone else...

The TV announcers saw it although they were afraid to call it what it was

I thought the refs looked right at it and didn't see it..

....You cant stop the top passing teams if that play is allowed...

Our coaches need to (and probably will) send some clips top the league office so refs are reminded that is clearly offensive pass interference

KC got at least two big gains (one TD) on clear cut pick plays where one receiver knocked down the DB covering someone else...

Our coaches need to (and probably will) send some clips top the league office so refs are reminded that is clearly offensive pass interference

Thank YOU! They did it AT LEAST 3 times.. Hell, on one, the WRs were blocking before Smith had even thrown the ball and right in front of the ref in the middle of the field. Fasano and Bowe completely cleared out 2 DBs and a LB on another before the RB ever had the ball. Even Mayock commented on it, and how the Chiefs were getting away with it.

We won the game but the blatant pick plays and the missed false start on the Chiefs last drive were HORRIBLE no-calls on the refs part.

Oh there are many parts of the game where you could criticize the refs...mostly in KCs favor. Tons of no calls that really made a lot of difference. One of the TDs Smith got a shovel pass off because Mathis was being held by his facemask. 

OP, this topic, when we get to Denver, will be crucial to our winning the game. IF coach doesn't get through to the ref's in advance enough for them to spot and call them, then we have to bump and run. Jamming the receivers EVERY time will be crucial. Lastly we'll have to get out our index finger and pick ourselves .... Great point OP. I actually hadn't seen as many as there were during the KC game.

OP, this topic, when we get to Denver, will be crucial to our winning the game. IF coach doesn't get through to the ref's in advance enough for them to spot and call them, then we have to bump and run. Jamming the receivers EVERY time will be crucial. Lastly we'll have to get out our index finger and pick ourselves .... Great point OP. I actually hadn't seen as many as there were during the KC game.

We don't play Denver next week and we may not play them at all.

Won't happen

During regular season refs called 14 penalties a game

During playoffs it is 7.5. They are letting them play

Number of those being called on pick plays is probably less than 5% too.

Pick plays that New England and Denver run are very tough to stop because their recievers rarely make contact with the DB. Kansas City on the other hand got very lucky as they ran horrible pick plays that SHOULD have been penalized.

Won't happen

During regular season refs called 14 penalties a game

During playoffs it is 7.5. They are letting them play

That's not a legitimate sample...dude..

...refs don't traditionally call half as many penalties in the post-season.

Our coaches have to (and I'm sure they see this) tell the refs to watch for clear cut basketball style picks KC was using very effectively.

Tell the refs and they'll make the calls.

KC got at least two big gains (one TD) on clear cut pick plays where one receiver knocked down the DB covering someone else...

Were you saying this when the Colts used them all the time or is it just now an issue because it was used against us?

Can't complain much about this. We've done our fair share of picks over the years and they didn't get called often.

What the Colts did was way different than what KC was running. The Colts ran a lot of rub routes to which each reciever was running an intended route. KC was literally going and blocking a DB in the path of one intended receiver. On multiple accounts Bowe and Fasano, the "pickers", were never intended to be receivers as they wouldn't even turn to look for the ball.

These plays were down-right blatant, and should have been called.

It was definitely frustrating seeing our DB's getting picked and KC getting first downs off of it but I liked the more laid back refs we had. There were many plays where I was shocked that we didn't get called for defensive holding and a couple plays where I think either Sheppard or Walden jumped on the runner while he was already on the ground. I'd say it balanced out pretty well.

I've kept my eye on twitter during the game...Albert Breer tweeted something about that... that he thought pick plays should be called or something like that.