Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts practice report thus far (Good News: Open this thread :) )

TKnight24

Why are you coming to this conclusion so quickly? Have you seen something we haven't?

Why? Because, guys that aren't practicing today (Saturday game day, makes today the Thursday practice) generally can't go. It's not a secret code I'm breaking, and I hope I'm wrong, better?

Why? Because, guys that aren't practicing today (Saturday game day, makes today the Thursday practice) generally can't go. It's not a secret code I'm breaking, and I hope I'm wrong, better?

Holding them out on a Tuesday for a Saturday game isn't that concerning

Why would today not be considered Wednesday's practice?

Guys can sit out all week and suit up on gameday if that's what's needed, ESPECIALLY leading up to a playoff game. I believe LaDainian Tomlinson made a career out of it.

To quote the all knowing Allen Iverson: We talkin' about practice?!

While I'm clowning myself, let me add, Doom will come to the Colts if DHB can't go. He got concussed and isn't practicing. 

Oh no!  Who's going to tackle the opposing kick and punt returner?

Besides Brown obviously.

But what if Brown has a setback!?!?  Then we'll have nobody!

Well, except Pat.  Right.

OK, so, we're good then.

@TribStarTJames: Mike McGlynn practicing today. Reitz appears to be full go too.

@TribStarTJames: Redding is practicing. Darius Butler is not practicing.

@mchappell51: #colts Bjoern Werner not practicing. Brace on left ankle

@mchappell51: Let's not overreact, but #colts healthy CBs today are Cassius Vaughn, Josh Gordy, Sheldon Price.

Injuries are crazy right now

The injury situation is unbelievable this year. 

So it's likely that Davis, RJF, Werner, Butler (probably more) will be out?

I heard on the game this past Sunday that the Colts have the most players on injured reserve out of any other team this year.  I assume that holds true today, but if it doesn't, we're still one of the most injured teams of the year.  Grigson and Pagano deserve recognition for this years COY and GM of the year.  I highly doubt they will, but in my book, if they aren't #1, they are top 3.

No.....    it makes today the Wednesday practice, not Thursday.

There's one less day, so it's one day sooner...   Tuesday becomes Wednesday,  Wednesday becomes Thursday and Thursday becomes Friday...

Friday, the team will mostly rest, though likely have a quick walk-through...

Saturday they play...

Hope this clarifies.....

No.....    it makes today the Wednesday practice, not Thursday.

There's one less day, so it's one day sooner...   Tuesday becomes Wednesday,  Wednesday becomes Thursday and Thursday becomes Friday...

Friday, the team will mostly rest, though likely have a quick walk-through...

Saturday they play...

Hope this clarifies.....

Believe it or not, I did in fact figure out that today isn't wednesday. But thanks for spending all of that time explaining this to me. Very helpful. Oh and you could read the rest of the page before responding. 

I heard on the game this past Sunday that the Colts have the most players on injured reserve out of any other team this year.  I assume that holds true today, but if it doesn't, we're still one of the most injured teams of the year.  Grigson and Pagano deserve recognition for this years COY and GM of the year.  I highly doubt they will, but in my book, if they aren't #1, they are top 3.

Pagano is getting a little COY love. Grigson while doing a good job, won't get any attention simply due to the T Rich trade.

The Colts need to look into whatever the Eagles are doing health and conditioning wise. I believe they haven't had a significant injury all throughout the regular season.

Because I'm in the middle of too much time off, and I forgot today is tuesday. Fair point.

I just wanted to build off your point but also not hit you again for a mistake you caught yourself so that's why I quoted this one.

It's playoffs, often times guys will play even if they can't practice during the week and are more willing to play and take a chance with an injury that they would hold a guy out for during the regular season.  It doesn't mean all the guys who missed practice will play but I would bet at least one or two of them give it a go and in worst case they come out if they can't play not unlike Marvin in 2007. 

The Colts need to look into whatever the Eagles are doing health and conditioning wise. I believe they haven't had a significant injury all throughout the regular season.

I wish they'd also look at a couple plays the Eagles run.  Some great misdirection that requires quick QB decisions.  Luck could run them even better.

The only concern for me is that they get a full day of walk-thru's for this week's game plan. They always add new plays and/or wrinkles to current plays for the playoff games and they should walk through them at least once to be able to visualize the plays on gameday. The bottom line is, they're professionals and even if they don't have a single minute of practice, they will do their jobs. It's the playoffs and I'm sure they'll be ready!! Kick &T&* fellas!

The only concern for me is that they get a full day of walk-thru's for this week's game plan. They always add new plays and/or wrinkles to current plays for the playoff games and they should walk through them at least once to be able to visualize the plays on gameday. The bottom line is, they're professionals and even if they don't have a single minute of practice, they will do their jobs. It's the playoffs and I'm sure they'll be ready!! Kick &T&* fellas!

You're right.  If they don't know their jobs by now, they shouldn't be playing professional football.  At this point, practice is more mental - knowing your assignment, knowing the opponents keys, etc.  You don't have to be active in the practice to get that.  

Here are some updates so far. More to come later on.

@CraigKColts: After being sore Monday Greg Toler running and stretching.

@CraigKColts: Sergio Brown makes an appearance for a very big game. Welcomed sight.

Good to have Greg Toler & Sergio Brown practicing today :)

Why would this be "good news ?" Pagano siad in Mondays presser that Redding , S Brown would be good to go and mentioned Tolar came out of the game a touch sore but was also good to go. What you have here are all the guys that were day to day not practicing with the addition of Butler. Looks to be about as bad as possible considering what we were told yesterday.

Here are some updates so far. More to come later on.

@CraigKColts: After being sore Monday Greg Toler running and stretching.

@CraigKColts: Sergio Brown makes an appearance for a very big game. Welcomed sight.

Good to have Greg Toler & Sergio Brown practicing today :)

I really like the way you titled this thread.  made me laugh