Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The second seed dream is still ALIVE

Jules

Greater miracles have happened before.

What we need:

1) A Colts win vs. the Jaguars at home-doable......right?

2) A Ravens win in Cincy-Tough to call with Cincy being much better at home and all....

3) A Bills win in NE-Hey I know.....laugh all you want but the Pats almost lost at home to the Browns. Yes, those Browns.

It ain't over until Jim Irsay goes to twitter and says it is!!!!!

Greater miracles have happened before.

What we need:

1) A Colts win vs. the Jaguars at home-doable......right?

2) A Ravens win in Cincy-Tough to call with Cincy being much better at home and all....

3) A Bills win in NE-Hey I know.....laugh all you want but the Pats almost lost at home to the Browns. Yes, those Browns.

It ain't over until Jim Irsay goes to twitter and says it is!!!!!

Bills did stomp Miami today and I think Mia still had a shot @ the playoffs....

I think Miami can still be in if they beat Geno Smith at home and Ravens lose to Cincy.

But, enough of that. I like your positive thinking. The Bills have been more alive lately have they not been? They can sometimes give the Pats a tough game and can sometimes generate a good pass rush.

I am just not sure which Joe Flacco will show up. The good lucky one who heaves those bombs that go to his own receivers or the bumbling knee braced fool falling down who makes too much money?

I know it's all a long shot but if we work together and send positive vibes to the Colts, Bills and Ravens for just ONE week....... :goodluck:

That was a huge loss for Miami today. The Dolphins came into the weekend controlling their own destiny. The Dolphins were shutout. This was just the 3rd shutout of the year.

I almost want the 4th to play KC again.......almost.

Ditto. If we can't be #2 I would prefer #4 at the moment since I like the road better then #3 in terms of going to Denver too over NE for the divisional if we should win the WC round. But, this gets nullified at #4 too if we won and the 6th seed also won since 6 would go to Denver (1).

And if we are the third we can only play Baltimore or Miami I believe. Long shot teams like the Chargers/Steelers need the Ravens and Dolphins both to lose. A Ravens win moves us up but pretty much I think ends the other WC playoff hopes for others.

I think Miami can still be in if they beat Geno Smith at home and Ravens lose to Cincy.

But, enough of that. I like your positive thinking. The Bills have been more alive lately have they not been? They can sometimes give the Pats a tough game and can sometimes generate a good pass rush.

I am just not sure which Joe Flacco will show up. The good lucky one who heaves those bombs that go to his own receivers or the bumbling knee braced fool falling down who makes too much money?

I know it's all a long shot but if we work together and send positive vibes to the Colts, Bills and Ravens for just ONE week....... :goodluck:

haha you got that right, anything can happen on any given Sunday. I was somewhat surprised the defending SB champs got obliterated today. I was looking forward to watching a good game but then fell asleep, fortunately the Pacers game came on also.

It will all come into play next week! Moving up would be nice but it seems like the Colts are to the Cheifs as what the Chargers are to the Colts, haha. They seem to have KC's # so perhaps playing them @ home may not be such a bad thing.

That was a huge loss for Miami today. The Dolphins came into the weekend controlling their own destiny. The Dolphins were shutout. This was just the 3rd shutout of the year.

Yep, I was definitely pretty surprised by it. How the heck can you get shut out when you have weapons like Wallace and Hartline, haha. It doesn't really help when they sacked Tannehill 7x however.

KC/SD can alter things as well.

If Baltimore wins and Miami wins then Baltimore is IN if KC beats the Chargers and then 6th seed goes to Baltimore.

If Baltimore wins and Miami wins then Baltimore is OUT if SD beats the Chiefs and then 6th seed goes to Miami.

division games are unpredictable.

Yep, predicting the final weeks games is going to be very tough overall. Some teams have nothing to lose and some have everything to lose.

I hope the Colts show up too.......I mean we can be topsy turvy ourselves.

Would have been much more plausible had the Ravens not dropped the ball today. I expect hem to bounce back against the Bengals next week, however, and we should get the 3 seed. 

Depends on Flacco's knee brace too and his health there. He didn't look "all there" to me today from my uneducated viewpoint.

Yeah for the record I am favoring the Bengals/Pats to win right now being at home. :)

I just hope the reverse happens in tough divisional battles. :goodluck: If it did happen it would be fitting for the Colts and the way this season has gone that it would come down to the wire.

I thought if the Ravens lost, it was over. I just checked the playoff machine, and you're right. If we win, and the Ravens win, and the Pats lose, we're #2. 

After today's game, I don't mind hosting the Chiefs, but would always prefer the bye.

If the mighty ravens couldn't beat the wounded pats at their own home, I have a really hard time believing they can beat a hungry cincy team at cincy. Buffalo has a chance if they bring todays defense but with tom terrific and coach darth Vader, you just can't count them out unless the nfl disqualifies them. The wins this year with the loss of quality players they have lost is ridiculous. The BB schemes are made for avg players and excels with good players. I can't stand the pats but damn do I wished our coaches had the creativity of BB minus the cheating years

If the mighty ravens couldn't beat the wounded pats at their own home, I have a really hard time believing they can beat a hungry cincy team at cincy. Buffalo has a chance if they bring todays defense but with tom terrific and coach darth Vader, you just can't count them out unless the nfl disqualifies them. The wins this year with the loss of quality players they have lost is ridiculous. The BB schemes are made for avg players and excels with good players. I can't stand the pats but damn do I wished our coaches had the creativity of BB minus the cheating

Division games are different, plus the Ravens beat Cinci just a few weeks ago, if memory serves me.

I'm against it. I would rather go into the divisional game pumped from the previous week. New England would be on fire from the previous week... so would the kryptonite chargers, the ravens or the dolphins. Were not a bye week type team. Those are for more experienced teams like the Patriots...

I doubt the Patriots lose, so of KC, Baltimore, Miami or San Diego, I suppose I would prefer to play KC or Miami. 

That said, I wouldn't rule out Miami, Baltimore and San Diego all losing and the Steelers getting in.  That would be Cincinnati's worst nightmare. 

It could happen, but a Gronkless New England just stomped all over the Raven's D.

The Bengals offense at home I have to say is better then a Gronkless New England.

And I just don't see Tom Brady losing to the Bills.  

Hope I'm wrong on that though.  It would be nice to at least move up to the 3rd seed.  

The best I feel can happen is the Ravens losing and the Colts moving up to the #3 spot.

Unlike past Colts teams, I do think this Colts team has the man CBs to slow the NE offense down to pull off a close one in Foxboro in the divisional round. I'll go the other version of crazy, ala Jules. :)

The best I feel can happen is the Ravens losing and the Colts moving up to the #3 spot.

Unlike past Colts teams, I do think this Colts team has the man CBs to slow the NE offense down to pull off a close one in Foxboro in the divisional round. I'll go the other version of crazy, ala Jules. :)

You mean - the Ravens winning. 

Of course, no one is looking further than our first playoff game.  But IF we win that one, I feel we have a better chance against the Pats than the Broncos.  Just MHO.

You mean - the Ravens winning. 

Of course, no one is looking further than our first playoff game.  But IF we win that one, I feel we have a better chance against the Pats than the Broncos.  Just MHO.

Yes, that is what I meant, thanks :).

The Ravens' style of D is after all what has given the Pats fits, and a lot of our style is similar to them except that I feel we have a better secondary than the Ravens and they have a better DL. Hope Cory Redding is OK. A healthy secondary and DL with RJF & Redding in there, we could pose some issues.