Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Playoff Seeding

Caleb3502

The Colts are currently have the 4th seed and can go no lower.  The Patriots and Broncos both lost this week so that brings our record closer to theirs.  The Bengals play the Steelers tonight and those games can go down to the final drive.  Do you think the Colts can make a push for a higher seed or will remain at #4. 

I would like to win out simply to hit the playoffs with momentum. We get our D and run game going I believe we can win on the road. We need to let Luck be Luck also. Let him bootleg and throw on the run, keep the short stuff sprinkled in and let him run when given the chance. He makes a lot happen with his legs

I looked at ESPN's http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/resources/help/faq?name=how-do-playoff-tiebreakers-work

Not sure if what I'm looking at is correct or reading it wrong

...that's fantasy football.

Anyway, it goes H2H, conference record, common games, SOV, SOS, then you get into points.

Its definitely head to head and then divisonal wins.

Division record isn't a tiebreaker for teams in different divisions.

There is hope. If the raven beat the pats, we win out, and bengals win out its a 3 way tie at 11-5. Bengals 2nd seed, us at 3rd, pats at 4th. We'd then get miami quite possibly, then the chargers or ravens right behind. Then we travel to cinci. Better than going to foxborough or denver.

There is hope. If the raven beat the pats, we win out, and bengals win out its a 3 way tie at 11-5. Bengals 2nd seed, us at 3rd, pats at 4th. We'd then get miami quite possibly, then the chargers or ravens right behind. Then we travel to cinci. Better than going to foxborough or denver.

Probably the best situation for us.

Its still possible we could get the 3rd seed. Man i wish, because that would give us home field advantage (if we advance past wildcard) , if one of the "chosen ones" would fall early in the playoffs.

In theory we could still get home field.  I know it's not going to happen but honestly we win out and a little help from Baltimore and we could get a bye.  Still a long shot but possible. 

In theory we could still get home field.  I know it's not going to happen but honestly we win out and a little help from Baltimore and we could get a bye.  Still a long shot but possible. 

I would be thrilled with the 3rd seed. With that, we could get a surprise home game for the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP.

This is getting good.  Bengals beat us on tie breaker but we beat NE because we have better conference record.  So next week if NE loses to Baltimore, which I expect, and we win, I believe we will actually move ahead of them in the seeding.

So that would make us the 3rd seed, right? SWEET.

Any three way tie favors the Colts.  Cincy beat Indy & the Pats, BUT the Colts didn't play the Pats so the three way head to head doesn't apply.  The 2nd tiebreaker is conference record and the Colts would have a better conference record.  Colts #2, Cincy #3, and Pats #4.  The one poster nailed it - if Indy & the Ravens win out, then we lock in the #2 seed.  In fact, the Ravens/Lions outcome doesn't matter for us as long as they beat NE and Cincy - we'd still get #2.