Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Enough Of This Nonsense That Whalen Shouldn't Be On The Roster

presto123

We have a great future at the receiving corps. Next year will be fantastic with Wayne, hilton, rogers, brazill and whalen. I don't see the need to pick up anyone else. Jonathon joseph was on rogers basically the whole game, which means teams are paying attention, hence more production for hilton.

Im afraid youre right TK.  It really is ridiculous though, the kid had a great game today.  After watching the games over i could see he had the potential to have games like these where he can be really effective.  I wont be able to watch the game til later this evening but he was 4/5 so i say thats pretty good. Didnt know he would be this effective at PR though.

Im afraid youre right TK. It really is ridiculous though, the kid had a great game today. After watching the games over i could see he had the potential to have games like these where he can be really effective. I wont be able to watch the game til later this evening but he was 4/5 so i say thats pretty good. Didnt know he would be this effective at PR though.

It's sad honestly. Trent Richardson finally has the breakout game and look who wasn't at center. I hate our coaches for being so blind. Offense kindassputtered though once Reitz went down but other than that this waa our 3rd best showing

1. San Francisco

2. Jacksonville

3 Houston II

It's sad honestly. Trent Richardson finally has the breakout game and look who wasn't at center. I hate our coaches for being so blind. Offense kindassputtered though once Reitz went down but other than that this waa our 3rd best showing

1. San Francisco

2. Jacksonville

3 Houston II

I wouldn't call 3.4 yards per carry and 38 yards receiving a breakout game.....at least I hope not. He had a couple nice runs though.

Lol. This thread is basically begging for him to be cut...

Sorry, Houston has the worst secondary and special teams unit in the NFL, and they quit on the season last week at Jacksonville. A win is a win, but I utterly refuse to say Griff Whalen proved anything against Houston.

He just played his 7th career game at position that usually takes a while to develop. I'll never understand why people get so entrenched in their positions about young players around here.  Either they suck and are complete garbage or they're the greatest thing evah. It's ridiculous.

I'm not sure why people are acting like he had previous performances like this, and then was let go.

He played great today. Not something that can be said at any other time this season.

Actually he did in the Miami and Tennessee games.  2/3 for 28 and 3/4 for 36.  He would have done TONS better in the 1st Texans game had Luck known how to throw the ball in that game.  Targeted 9 times, only 4 were catchable.  He was 3/4 for 32 on those. 

All these games are similar in numbers to this one, only thing missing is that he wasnt on Punt and Kick return.

Actually he did in the Miami and Tennessee games. 2/3 for 28 and 3/4 for 36. He would have done TONS better in the 1st Texans game had Luck known how to throw the ball in that game. Targeted 9 times, only 4 were catchable. He was 3/4 for 32 on those.

All these games are similar in numbers to this one, only thing missing is that he wasnt on Punt and Kick return.

His punt returning today is why I graded it such a good performance. Also having his first TD was huge.

Unless I'm mistaken I also don't believe he KRed for us today. I thought that was choice.

He also didn't have any drops to my recollection.

His punt returning today is why I graded it such a good performance. Also having his first TD was huge.

Unless I'm mistaken I also don't believe he KRed for us today. I thought that was choice.

He had 1 KR for 22 yards.  And he has had 1 drop in his 7 games.  He is credited for 2 but that 2nd one was thrown so far behind him he had to fall backwards to even have a chance at it.  That was the same game as the Houston game where he was targeted 9 times, Luck was really off in that game.

They have the 3rd ranked defense......I'd say they are trying.

Their defense is the worst in the NFL in most categories and they have arguably the worst secondary in the league. They quit trying 2 weeks ago. The Texans are an awful defense and doing anything against them barely proves competency.

He also had a nice TD today

Their defense is the worst in the NFL in most categories and they have arguably the worst secondary in the league. They quit trying 2 weeks ago. The Texans are an awful defense and doing anything against them barely proves competency.

There offense and special teams has put the defense in bad field position, They rank 2nd in the league in passing yards a game given up, Saying a JJ Watt led defense is massive stretch

passing yards a game on their defense they rank 2nd in the NFL. 

Rushing yards against them a game they rank 21st in the NFL

Total yards a game on their defense they rank 3rd

so please explain where they have " arguably the worst secondary in the league "??? sorry to say but Minnesota, philly,  and dallas are at the bottom of the NFL in pass defense ranked in order at 30th, 31st, and 32nd. 

passing yards a game on their defense they rank 2nd in the NFL. 

Rushing yards against them a game they rank 21st in the NFL

Total yards a game on their defense they rank 3rd

so please explain where they have " arguably the worst secondary in the league "??? sorry to say but Minnesota, philly,  and dallas are at the bottom of the NFL in pass defense ranked in order at 30th, 31st, and 32nd. 

Houston does only have 5 int's on the year on defense

Lol. This thread is basically begging for him to be cut...

He just played his 7th career game at position that usually takes a while to develop. I'll never understand why people get so entrenched in their positions about young players around here. Either they suck and are complete garbage or they're the greatest thing evah. It's ridiculous.

People don't understand this concept of "Time" They think say a WR for instance isn't good unless he comes out in his very first game and catches 10 balls for 150yds and has 3Tds. Then he's a great receiver. But Low and behold that receiver has a game where he drops a pass or two and does not score a TD then he is all of the sudden the worst player and doesn't deserve to be on the team and he has no chance in this league. People flip the switch so quickly around here, its insane and as you said its really ridiculous.