Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injury Bug strikes again

TKnight24

Seems the injury bug is still looming in Indianapolis

@CraigKColts: Nearing end of media time, no Satele, Link, Havili or Toler. Thornton here from outset.

@CraigKColts: Brazil enters practice in boot. Did not work Wednesday with right foot ailment.

So is the walking boot a cautionary move or is that a bad thing?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems the injury bug is still looming in Indianapolis

@CraigKColts: Nearing end of media time, no Satele, Link, Havili or Toler. Thornton here from outset.

@CraigKColts: Brazil enters practice in boot. Did not work Wednesday with right foot ailment.

So is the walking boot a cautionary move or is that a bad thing?

OK so Brazill DNP yesterday and is now in a boot.  Are all the naysayers still so sure about not giving Branch a chance?  Or if not Branch then they better bring Whalen back up.  Still another day of practice so I guess we will see if he can go tomorrow.

Clearly all the injuries are a product of Pep not knowing how to coach.

Yes that's sarcasm.

Since Reggie, we really haven't had more than a normal spattering of injuries. No more than could be expected this time of the season.

I categorize them in major/minor losses. Reggie, Allen, Thomas, all major. Every other one is minor IMHO.

so...toler out again? 

jesus

I guess he's only 97% at the moment, the guy isnt doing himself any favors. I don't see Grigs keeping someone who's out half the season, because half of his missed time is due to not being 100%. I can see an organization doing this for a franchise kind of player but not a #2 CB.

I guess he's only 97% at the moment, the guy isnt doing himself any favors. I don't see Grigs keeping someone who's out half the season, because half of his missed time is due to not being 100%. I can see an organization doing this for a franchise kind of player but not a #2 CB.

yeah this whole not playing till 100% is kinda bogus. nobodys ever 100% in the NFL.

We need to give Holmes a shot instead of Mcglynn b/c these last few games won't effect much for the playoffs. We need to know if Holmes can cut it before free agency next year. If Holmes doesn't ever get to play, we may spend alot of money on a center in free agency that we don't even need.  At least give Holmes 1 game. If he's worse than Satele, then start Mcglynn.

Toler needs to play he's already missed 6 games. No player is 100% and if he comes back in the playoffs he'll be rusty, need the game time reps. I knew this would happen when we signed him he was injury prone for the Cardinals. If he doesn't play any of the regular season games will need to release him after the playoffs and sign a CB that can stay healthy for 16 games.

All these injuries are getting pretty ridiculous.

Nobody Likes this :)

I long for the old days when players played...and did not make millions and millions of dollars.  While I know we now caution on the side of safety and injury prevention...still having more and more injuries.

Why is it?  Do we not stretch....or practice in pads enough like the old rules?  I think light practices cause more injuries in games.  Not sure how Brazill got hurt...my guess his is precaution.

Feel free to chime in if you think I am totally off on this...I am at wit's end looking at our IR...and nagging...'stuff.'

no need to play him. Why do we want him to have a setback

Oh there's a need, he needs to be prepared for the playoffs and we needed him but made it through without him. No one wants him to have a setback, we want him ready, health isn't the only concern. We all remember what happens to players who sit before the playoffs.

I agree with you but statistically he has leverage. ... defense has looked proud since he went down

I say we give Josh McNary a shot at starting.

We've clinched the playoffs let's try some new things out. Start McNary & Freeman and see how that plays out

Give him more plays for sure.  The kid makes it happen out there, and even looked good covering Bernard out of the backfield...the more reps the better....work him in!

We also need Freeman to step up.  He has been caught out of position or manhandled way too much on a lot of the big gains (runs)...especially the Bengals game.  

OK so Brazill DNP yesterday and is now in a boot.  Are all the naysayers still so sure about not giving Branch a chance?  Or if not Branch then they better bring Whalen back up.  Still another day of practice so I guess we will see if he can go tomorrow.

Branch is a better Whalen, he may not give YAC much like Whalen but he will at least get open and move some chains for us, IMO.

Not easy to do with a broken right hand for sure.....they are much more mobile today that the plaster ones when I was growing up.....

bones_vrtng.jpg

Yeah, can't take that chance of a bad snap or anything. Give the reps to Khaled Holmes. Let him make his NFL debut. All our other draft picks have

Yeah, can't take that chance of a bad snap or anything. Give the reps to Khaled Holmes. Let him make his NFL debut. All our other draft picks have

I am leery both ways...Houston's front still contains this pretty good D-Lineman....but Watt do I know?'

You may be hurt'in with either guy in there....HMMMM...wonder if McGlynn is moving it better....

So, DHB gets another shot... just like those trying to supplant McGlynn.  LOL  well we need Whalen or Branch or somebody.  Otherwise we'll be using the 8 O lineman and FB / HB in a 2 yds and a pile of dust power football scheme.   

If at right guard the 'said' pile of 'dust' may be McGlynn's big butt hitting the ground compliments of Mr. Bloody nose himself....Poor JJ...:)

If I was the Colts organization or Ryan Grigson I would be looking for long lanky athletic raw, but talented undrafted wide receivers to put together with this current group of receivers of the Colts before playoffs start. Because it's always diamond in the dirt talent that's waiting to be signed and given a chance. That's what separate the good teams from the bad teams is recognizing talent, that's what got the Colts far last yr. Listen! Ryan! look at film see who is doing at lot with the less which meaning see who is doing unbelievable well with a lot less talent around them. It's got to be another T.Y. Hilton or Lavon Brazil out there somewhere try places who is known to have talented wide receivers like Western Michigan, Tennessee, South Carolina, Miami or the U as they call it. These are some of the colleges that always produce rare talent that usually flourished when given an opportunity.