Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rogers , brazil , fleenor with ty

mintor

in two games so far rogers  has match dhb . Brazil showing alot  . sense used this rest of the way luck need trust his recieve too caught and make plays. before rogers and Brazil luck has no timing and faith in his wr,s . all about timing and trust .

DHB will get minimal reps unless we have an injury. I remember a particular play that we were in shotgun and had 3 tight ends on the field.. Coaches see that DHB isn't bringing anything positive to the offense. Brazil and Rogers will continue to get plenty of reps and hopefully keep making plays.. If they do, it will free up Hilton a little bit. Defenses haven't really had to respect anyone else in the passing game up until today.. Lets hope we can build off some of what we had going today

I'm happy to see these young receiver coming on at least right now. Hopefully they can continue it. Its only gonna help us in the Future when Reggie hangs up his cleats for good. I think this could be good for us in the future. If we can just get this O line fixed and give Luck at least two or three blinks of an eye to get the ball off we could be in decent shape. Plus getting Allen back.

Better O-line play would make those guys even better.  Losing Thomas earlier in the year really hurt us.  We need another good guard in the draft, but I think we need some ILB's and CB's even more.  Maybe free agency.  As much as I'd love to get a true #1 WR I think as a team we'd be better off going "the Patriot route".  Improve the defense and O-line and then let Luck make the receivers better.  

DHB needs to find his place on this team. He is to inconsistant. I think he will make a huge impact next week against the texans....on the bench. With him off the field we will more than likely not see a dropped pass and actually convert a few third downs. Luck keeps saying he needs to play better...Honestly I think he just needs to look at a different reciever on third downs...Hit TRich on third downs for a chance at first down...Dude gets at least 7 yards or more on screen passes 

rogers second game  looks like he way better then DHB was he was a rookie.  DHb  had 1 td all season rogers had 2 td,s ot only did Rogers lead the team in receptions, he tied for the team lead with nine targets—the first nine of his career since going undrafted this year out of Tennessee Tech.

Rogers broke into the game in three-wide sets with T.Y. Hilton and LaVon Brazill, replacing the drop-happy Darrius Heyward-Bey.

hi-res-454302535-darick-rogers-of-the-in John Grieshop/Getty Images

After his impressive performance against a top-10 pass defense, the coaching staff will surely look to use Rogers consistently the rest of the season.

Guest TeamLoloJones

So if our top 3 WRs are Hilton, Rogers, Brazill, that means that the numbers of our WRs out there most of the time are 13, 15, and 16.  I wonder if that has ever happened before.  (Meaning no WR with an 80# in the top 3)

I am nearly 100% sure it will be Rogers and Hilton starting next week, I think Brazill will get a lot of reps though too, his 2nd solid game in a row

Hoping that this is the case- I think the DHB experiment has been run into the ground. I don't care about his speed or experience any longer...The guy isn't dependable. That is the number one attribute in a receiver at the NFL level. If we can somehow SUSTAIN drives by getting Rogers and Brazill more involved along with TY and Fleener and this will help set up the run. The short, useless drives we've had over the last month or 6 weeks have exposed and put tremendous pressure on the defense. The Bengals had far too many opportunities today. The Colts defense did not play well, but was not aided in any way by clock management or sustained drives by the offense...

Alot of posts are on point

Rogers and brazill are nice. Theyre gonna continue to give more help to andrew

Its crazy how much of a difference andrews game is when you know hes confident and trusts his receivers.

Another note. We really need to start games in 3WR sets in no huddle. Tire that defense right away by going quick. Makes us look intimidating if we do it with ease. Andrews waaay better in no huddle he gets in a nice groove

DHB will get minimal reps unless we have an injury. I remember a particular play that we were in shotgun and had 3 tight ends on the field.. Coaches see that DHB isn't bringing anything positive to the offense. Brazil and Rogers will continue to get plenty of reps and hopefully keep making plays.. If they do, it will free up Hilton a little bit. Defenses haven't really had to respect anyone else in the passing game up until today.. Lets hope we can build off some of what we had going today

This has really been a key since Reggie went down, and I think a lot of the cause of our offensive woes.  

Really liked what I saw out of Rogers, I think DHB should and will get fewer reps, Fleener is getting better, Brazil looked decent and T.Y is still going to get lots of reps, this is a core we could build around especially with Allen returning next season.  We just need to start faster to predictable, our opening drive should be quicker paced we need to come out of the gates fast and I think we have enough personnel to do that.

If the o-line can play as good as they did vs the Bengals this could be an high octane offense. Reitz should remain the starter at LG and when Thornton gets back move him to RG and put Mcglynn at C.

As far as the wr's go Rogers and Brazil proved that they can be # 1 and #3 options. Rogers gets so much separation on his routes because he's so hard to press with his size and speed that cb's just bump and delay press, leaving so much room for intermediate routes. T.Y was a no show but i think he'll get it back together vs Texans. Brazil might be the best wr on the team once he catches the ball, already knew he had speed but he showed that he was more then just a deep threat. 

If Rogers, T.Y, Brazil, and Fleener can all have chemistry with Luck we could be a top 5 passing team. It'll all depends on the play calling, it's obvious the offense is better when Luck in a uptempo offense. Pagano needs to wake up and realize were not a power running team but a heavy passing team.

I am nearly 100% sure it will be Rogers and Hilton starting next week, I think Brazill will get a lot of reps though too, his 2nd solid game in a row

I agree and I think that is how it should be. I want to see Hilton, Rogers, Brazill and Fleener. Also want to see more passes to Richardson in space. I also wouldn't mind them bringing up Whalen to get DHBs reps as I really doubt he is around next year.

So if our top 3 WRs are Hilton, Rogers, Brazill, that means that the numbers of our WRs out there most of the time are 13, 15, and 16.  I wonder if that has ever happened before.  (Meaning no WR with an 80# in the top 3)

They also ALL have two capital letters in their first name; TY, LaVon, and Da'Rick.

Weird... I think maybe Nostradamaus forsaw this, if I remember correctly his prophecy went something like this:

From out of nowhere three teens with were brought together, one giant would be bright like the day, one from a country south of the new world, and one litte one from a fancy hotel chain.  These three would come together in the fighting of the tigers and while they would lose that battle the three formed a bond that would see them through the rest of their battles.  These three, with a little luck, will lead the the young male horses to the new city (the location of the promised land).

The only thing I remember about DHB yesterday was him getting hit square in the face with one of Luck's passes when he tried to trap it against his body. It was a third down play and it resulted in the Colt's drive dying. I think there could be certain ways to still use DHB (like in the Denver game), but he should be getting close to zero reps as a WR at this point. His confidence is completely gone, and Luck's confidence in DHB probably is as well.

Rogers is the superior receiver. And it's not even close. Hilton, Rogers, Brazil, and Fleener is not an elite group, but it is at least serviceable. Better than what we had a few weeks ago.

The only thing I remember about DHB yesterday was him getting hit square in the face with one of Luck's passes when he tried to trap it against his body. It was a third down play and it resulted in the Colt's drive dying. 

Yup....I even took a picture of my TV with my phone when he did it.........unbelievable. 

DHB_zpsc336fa49.jpg

I believe if everyone develops properly, we could have a nice receiving core for years to come with Da'Rick Rogers, LaVon Brazill, and T.Y. Hilton

not only that if they stay healthy and do progress properly they will be are receiver core for at least 10 years, wow that would be awesome

Yup....I even took a picture of my TV with my phone when he did it.........unbelievable.

DHB_zpsc336fa49.jpg

I just don't get it. How, how can you be a nfl wr and not catch with your hands. Maybe he should if became a cb/s back when they saw he had brick hands.

lol i like your thout