Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mathis calls out Bradley Sowell on twitter.

Dustin

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh its Bradley Sowell, Not exactly a respectable O Lineman...What I found amusic was reading a few tweets down a Cardinals fan got all excited about him.....Bradley Sowell@Bradley60Sowell10 Nov

@airborne072: @Bradley60Sowell Best move the Cards have made this season. Bringing you up play. Outstanding” thank you!

Bet that opinion has changed now eh

You're right.. I'm sure YouTube is a better teacher...

you can throw that in my face all you want but there is educational videos on youtube(made by coaches and players both current and former) and not just highlights, Fact of the matter is Sowell is just not a good O Lineman at this point in his career

you can throw that in my face all you want but there is educational videos on youtube(made by coaches and players both current and former) and not just highlights, Fact of the matter is Sowell is just not a good O Lineman at this point in his career

I would appear those paying him (experts in their field) would disagree with you.

I would appear those paying him (experts in their field) would disagree with you.

You can be in the NFL and luck out and get into a job even though your evaluations are completely off. Trust me, it happens.

With the NFL being a business and it having franchises, you are going to have guys who slip through and have absolutely no position being where they are at. I liken it to your local business having one or two people in management who clearly have no reason to be in it. It's like someone claiming they know more about what good cheeseburgers are because they work at McDonalds when everyone on the outside can see that the cheeseburger is horrible.

you can throw that in my face all you want but there is educational videos on youtube(made by coaches and players both current and former) and not just highlights, Fact of the matter is Sowell is just not a good O Lineman at this point in his career

Watching and playing are two completely different things. I can watch every single Youtube video about playing OT and blocking edge rushers, but I probably won't know half as much as Sowell does.

I made the joke because Sowell is not very good (but nevertheless, he's starting in the NFL). 

You can be in the NFL and luck out and get into a job even though your evaluations are completely off. Trust me, it happens.

With the NFL being a business and it having franchises, you are going to have guys who slip through and have absolutely no position being where they are at. I liken it to your local business having one or two people in management who clearly have no reason to be in it. It's like someone claiming they know more about what good cheeseburgers are because they work at McDonalds when everyone on the outside can see that the cheeseburger is horrible.

Are you implying that there are offensive lineman in the NFL who have no idea what they're doing?

Maybe ;)

But honestly, I'm implying that there are not only players but coaches and front office people as well.

I'm going to say that it's a safe bet that front office people and NFL level coaches (I'm a high school coach, and I don't even get close to those guys) know more about the game than forum members. 

Hubris at its finest.

I'm going to say that it's a safe bet that front office people and NFL level coaches (I'm a high school coach, and I don't even get close to those guys) know more about the game than forum members.

To a degree but lets return to my cheeseburger analogy.

A NFL level person as you put it will be our cheeseburger expert (maybe a McDonald's chef or some kind) everyone else will be the forum goers.

The chef may know what the cheese is made of, where the ketchup came from, how the meat was cut or even how the whole thing is made.

But at the end of the day, if the cheeseburger tastes terrible to everyone (forum goers) is all that knowledge of its contents worthwhile? The chef may not see that burger is terrible because he knows everything about it and all the work and ingredients that go into making it. Doesn't change the facts though.

Something to ponder.

In general this is probably true ... but I think it would be a mistake to assume that there are not any posters when you consider all the  football forums who may in fact know more than some NFL coaches or FO employees.

Players are picked up all the time that are not good to fill out a roster spot or because a coach is familiar with them, None of that means that they are a good O Linemen, At this point in time its obvious Sowell is not, He was bad in TB. Bad in Indy and has been bad in Arizona

Are you implying that there are offensive lineman in the NFL who have no idea what they're doing?

Only if they are being evaluated by someone from their computer.

Or one could ask any of the tens of thousands of college players that never sniffed a down in the NFL how hard it is and how talented you have to be to start in the NFL.

You're right, watching YouTube teaches you more about football than actually playing football professionally

What do you think eye in the sky video evidence is? Video evidence is used to critique a player's technique, gap control, & their understanding of a scheme all the time Jvan whether it is posted on You Tube or not. It's called film study or quality control & every NFL organization has a staff member look at film. It's how Eric Mangini got his start in the NFL. Video is just a piece of the evaluation process, but a vital piece nevertheless.

There really is no need to make fun of Gavin. You wanna call yourself an NFL guru be my guest. I'm no expert either are you gonna mock me now? Go for it. I can take it.  Every fan on the forum comes at football from a different vantage point or skill set. No one skill set takes more precedent or clout over another. 

I respect Gavin & I respect you Jvan just try not to make another person's valid point seem trivial & insignificant especially when it really isn't. 

Players are picked up all the time that are not good to fill out a roster spot or because a coach is familiar with them, None of that means that they are a good O Linemen, At this point in time its obvious Sowell is not, He was bad in TB. Bad in Indy and has been bad in Arizona

there is no such thing as a terrible NFL player. Ask the thousands of college players who couldn't make it.

What do you think eye in the sky video evidence is? Video evidence is used to critique a player's technique, gap control, & their understanding of a scheme all the time Jvan whether it is posted on You Tube or not. It's called film study or quality control & every NFL organization has a staff member look at film. It's how Eric Mangini got his start in the NFL. Video is just a piece of the evaluation process, but a vital piece nevertheless.

There really is no need to make fun of Gavin. You wanna call yourself an NFL guru be my guest. I'm no expert either are you gonna mock me now? Go for it. I can take it. Every fan on the forum comes at football from a different vantage point or skill set. No one skill set takes more precedent or clout over another.

I respect Gavin & I respect you Jvan just try not to make another person's valid point seem trivial & insignificant especially when it really isn't.

Reread the thread. I wasnt responding to gavin. I was quoting andy, who seems to agree with me

you can throw that in my face all you want but there is educational videos on youtube(made by coaches and players both current and former) and not just highlights, Fact of the matter is Sowell is just not a good O Lineman at this point in his career

I spent the evening watching heart surgery videos. I'm a doctor now..

there is no such thing as a terrible NFL player. Ask the thousands of college players who couldn't make it.

Ill just sum this up by saying if you think Sowell is a good O Linemen then your standard for what a good O lineman is very low, As to college players not making it in the NFL, That means absolutely nothing, GM's and coaches make bad decisions, they are not immune to them just because they are coaches and GM', They will miss on players plenty

I spent the evening watching heart surgery videos. I'm a doctor now..

At least my opinions have some substance rather then "I would appear those paying him (experts in their field) would disagree with you."

You might as well change your name to a shorter version of that sentence because that seems to be your opinion for everything, Makes me wonder if you get the whole purpose of the forum sometimes actually, If you dont like my opinion and prefer to give your usual drone like answers of coaches and GM's always know best and better then all fans then feel free to put me on ignore because I have opinions and they wont always fall in line with liking every decision that Grigson makes or any other GM for that matter

At least my opinions have some substance rather then "I would appear those paying him (experts in their field) would disagree with you."

You might as well change your name to a shorter version of that sentence because that seems to be your opinion for everything, Makes me wonder if you get the whole purpose of the forum sometimes actually, If you dont like my opinion and prefer to give your usual drone like answers of coaches and GM's always know best and better then all fans then feel free to put me on ignore because I have opinions and they wont always fall in line with liking every decision that Grigson makes or any other GM for that matter

lul. i laugh a little on the inside everytime i read threads like this where forum posters think they know more then an actual NFL professional, no NFL player sucks. none of them. point. blank. period. Some might not be as gifted as other and stand out as much but make no mistake about it, put the pads on yourself and go up against the worst player in the league and id bet on every single valuable possession that i own that he would not only beat you, but he would destroy you and make you feel like nothing. Just keep watchin your youtube vids bud..u simply dont have the knowledge to be in the NFL which is why youre sitting behind your computer always acting like youre some sort of coach or somethin. No one in here knows more then the coaches whether u think u do or not, yall just throwin out irrelevant opinions.