Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster Moves: Adongo and Nixon elevated, Herron and Harvey to IR [Merge]

HtownColt

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found it!! He played & made his NFL debut Sunday vs the Titans at ILB

@KBowenColts: That's Josh McNary in his NFL debut with the quarterback hurry on 3rd-and-8. McNary was in the game for a banged up Jerrell Freeman

McNary was in on defense on the play that Mathis had his strip sack and Freeman picked it up and ran. If you have a chance to look at it on replay McNary blocked a big ol' lineman and literally lifted him off the ground. Must be one strong cat.

The staff had been pretty adamant that Adongo wouldn't play this year. I still don't really expect him to get in any games; he'll probably be inactive on Sunday. But I wonder if we signed him to the active roster because someone else was sniffing around and ready to sign him... 

Nixon makes sense, with Link being hurt.

Oh I didn't know that Thomas was injury prone. I thought it was just Bradshaw.

I wouldn't have called him injury prone, he had a lisfranc injury his rookie year and that's about it. However, he now has two season ending injuries in a small amount playing time.

The staff had been pretty adamant that Adongo wouldn't play this year. I still don't really expect him to get in any games; he'll probably be inactive on Sunday. But I wonder if we signed him to the active roster because someone else was sniffing around and ready to sign him...

I am pretty sure it has been mentioned here earlier this season that the NFL has some sort of practice squad designation where a team can develop an international player abd other teams aren't allowed to sign them away. Not sure if true but I remember someone posting it.

I am pretty sure it has been mentioned here earlier this season that the NFL has some sort of practice squad designation where a team can develop an international player abd other teams aren't allowed to sign them away. Not sure if true but I remember someone posting it.

I don't believe we received that exemption, for whatever reason. It would have allowed us to have 9 guys on the practice squad. We've had 8 guys on the practice squad all year. 

I think if that were the case there would probably have been a report about it.  I had meant to reply to a similar conversation a couple of weeks ago but was on my phone and didn't want to have to type it all out on my phone, then kept forgetting to go back and reply once I got on my PC.  

Anyway, earlier this season, I don't remember the teams or player involved, but there was a report on NFL.com about team A trying to sign X player off Team B's practice squad.  Team B was notified that an offer would be forthcoming and they chose to elevate player X to their own active roster instead of losing him.  

So, it's certainly possible that a team was preparing to make an offer to Adongo and it didn't get reported.  However the main point is that, from that previous story, it appears that if another team wanted to make an offer to Adongo then the Colt Front office would have to be informed and they would have first right to sign Adongo to their own active roster instead of losing him.  So if that is correct, then we don't have to worry about losing players off the PS that we would want to keep.  If we really want to keep them then we can by activating them.  So there aren't any stealth snipers that will snatch a player off our PS without the team knowing about it and being willing to let it happen.

:)

I wonder if Adongo is ready to blitz in a game at the very least?

Seems like he would be on special teams at first.  He is fast and big.  He could really be awesome on special teams.  On the McAfee show he said he has gained 35 lbs of muscle since he got here...

Found it!! He played & made his NFL debut Sunday vs the Titans at ILB

@KBowenColts: That's Josh McNary in his NFL debut with the quarterback hurry on 3rd-and-8. McNary was in the game for a banged up Jerrell Freeman

I remember that play actually because at first I thought it was Angerer until the replay.  Should have known cause that was an athletic play.

Yeah, go figure!

Who needs "Mongo", we got 'Dongo'...rah, rah, rah......actually that's raw, raw, raw.

...the 'experiment' gets to dress on Sunday...probably not active.

He'll come in and play like Warren Sapp, except leaner and faster.  Probably throw a few guys in the stands before, without exaggeration, a bone crushing sack on the QB.  When he gets up, there will be a football on teh ground next to a pile of dust that used to be a quarterback before Dongo exploded him.

Seems like he would be on special teams at first.  He is fast and big.  He could really be awesome on special teams.  On the McAfee show he said he has gained 35 lbs of muscle since he got here...

Whoa.  Hope the added mass didn't nerf his speed too much. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but there is a specific IR list where at a certain point of the season the team can go back and activate to the 53.. I.e what we did with Seth Olsen last year (for whatever reason)

It's called the IRs designated to return list and we have nobody on it.

I think if that were the case there would probably have been a report about it.  I had meant to reply to a similar conversation a couple of weeks ago but was on my phone and didn't want to have to type it all out on my phone, then kept forgetting to go back and reply once I got on my PC.  

Anyway, earlier this season, I don't remember the teams or player involved, but there was a report on NFL.com about team A trying to sign X player off Team B's practice squad.  Team B was notified that an offer would be forthcoming and they chose to elevate player X to their own active roster instead of losing him.  

So, it's certainly possible that a team was preparing to make an offer to Adongo and it didn't get reported.  However the main point is that, from that previous story, it appears that if another team wanted to make an offer to Adongo then the Colt Front office would have to be informed and they would have first right to sign Adongo to their own active roster instead of losing him.  So if that is correct, then we don't have to worry about losing players off the PS that we would want to keep.  If we really want to keep them then we can by activating them.  So there aren't any stealth snipers that will snatch a player off our PS without the team knowing about it and being willing to let it happen.

:)

Pretty sure you guys are referring to my "issue" or "question."  It was basically this... how can a team prevent another team from waiting until late in the schedule and waste a roster spot on another team's developmental player. This would make sense for a non contending team that can just waste a roster spot for the last few games.

I would be interested in knowing Adongo's vertical. With his height he might be good at batting down passes. 

I was thinking the same thing. He might make a pass rusher too. Time will tell. But probably just special teams for now.

I asked Kevin in chat if he expected to see Adongo on the field this year. He said only if it is due to injuries. So there is that.

If he added 35 lbs of muscle since he has been here, he has to be a beast. I wouldn't want to get smashed with one of those paws.