Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos at Pats SNF game thread (mega merge)

Jules

Sadly there just aren't a whole lot of great QB's, and the very good ones with potential won't meet all that often.

Even so, I can't imagine seeing Luck or, say, Wilson in the same breathe as PM, TB, Rodgers or even Brees. It's possible, but a hell of a long way to go. I think at best they'll be around RIvers/Romo's level.

Makes you wonder how exciting the league will really be when they both retire.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So awesome watching Manning choke away games for teams that aren't mine. There was never a doubt in my mind New England was winning.

Brady even spotted the man a 24 point lead just to show some class.

Uh, yeah. Great game winning drive by Brady when he centered the ball for the kicker at the 14 yard line of Denver. He had his chances in OT too and did nothing with it. Neither QB put it away, the Patriot's special teams did. (More so the Broncos ST screwed up royally)

Barring the ST blunder, the Patriots at best would have had a tie with no timeouts and 3:00 to go with Denver running the ball as often as they were. Unless they were stupid enough to put any RB not named Moreno in and watch them fumble again.

Aren't we glad that Welker didn't cost us the game this year? :D

He had that nice drop on third down in OT to end Denver's last drive and then of course the punt that he should have fielded. But tough conditions out there for sure with the wind. Pats geared up to stop the pass and let the Broncos run. Still, thought Welker would have a much bigger game.

So awesome watching Manning choke away games for teams that aren't mine. There was never a doubt in my mind New England was winning.

Brady even spotted the man a 24 point lead just to show some class.

Yeah, where were you when Peyton spotted Brady a 17 pt lead in the 4th qtr. in that 4th & 2 game only to come back and win it? I guess nowhere near this forum. :)

In a game of attrition, one mistake was going to lose it, and the Broncos' ST made that mistake, very much like that Eli Manning Alex Smith NFCCG in OT.

I enjoyed the Colts vs Broncos game much more. Especially since I was there. ;)

Always a treat to beat Manning. Does not happen very often. I liked the Colts game a lot too. They played beautifully but for the Pats to be down 24-0 at half is historic. Would have never imagined that - it is the biggest comeback in Pats history and it was against Manning. Are you kidding me?

He hurt his ankle, or thigh or something, same as DHB coach doesn't want to call him out specifically

I don't recall any mention of injury. I do recall one of the announcers commenting that Trent was still on the sidelines after the fumble and the other announcer saying something about the colts having no choice but to keep him on the sidelines because they couldn't afford another turnover.

That's OK though. Revisionist history is fun too :P

Patriots scored 21 unanswered pts in the 3rd Q. Someone is going to say why Peyton couldn't answer back, so alas, it's his fault despite the plethora of mistakes his players made around him.

Of course, no one will talk about the dropped passes by DT and Welker.

If Welker didn't drop the ball on 3rd and 8th in OT, they kick the field goal and its over.

Always a treat to beat Manning. Does not happen very often. I liked the Colts game a lot too. They played beautifully but for the Pats to be down 24-0 at half is historic. Would have never imagined that - it is the biggest comeback in Pats history and it was against Manning. Are you kidding me?

Really didn't wanna see it end like that though. I wanted it to come down to Manning or Brady not a ST blunder. =/

Are you happy now?.

Also I can't picture these two teams not facing again in the AFC title game. Of course it wouldn't exactly shock me if Denver found a way to lose on some stupid play against the #6 seed.

Both teams, in all likelihood, will win out the rest of the way. Denver might drop one to KC and/or SD, but it's a stretch.

I really wanted this game to end in a tie.

Barring the ST flub, it probably would have unless Denver handed it off to someone not named Moreno again.

Moreno being exausted/injured as he was, and Manning/receivers being off I don't think they'd go down the field. Probably miss a FG in to the wind at best and the Pats get it with no timeouts at 5 seconds to go. We'll never know because Denver found a way to screw it up again. Manning's teams are awesome like that.

Manning wasn't good tonight either, but he wasn't terrible. Just drop dead average Dilfer it up to the RB. Far from why they lost, but didn't help them win. With the way Moreno was running he didn't have to. Denver needs to be Moreno or bust with their RB's going forward, because those other THREE guys now have cost them in big games. I would love to see the stat line of RB fumbles for Denver over the past two seasons.

Barring the ST flub, it probably would have unless Denver handed it off to someone not named Moreno again.

Moreno being exausted/injured as he was, and Manning/receivers being off I don't think they'd go down the field. Probably miss a FG in to the wind at best and the Pats get it with no timeouts at 5 seconds to go. We'll never know because Denver found a way to screw it up again. Manning's teams are awesome like that.

Manning wasn't good tonight either, but he wasn't terrible. Just drop dead average Dilfer it up to the RB.

He wasnt but Moreno was hot so they were using him. But all the Denver receivers sucked. DT, Decker ( i mean that PI call ).

Welker out of all was the key for the loss. How ironic is that. He catches the ball, FG and its over. And he screws up again during OT.

What a stat line from Brady. Not only did he significantly outplay Manning, Endelman outplayed Welker (who saw that coming?) to the tune of 9 catches, 110 yards, and two TDs. Welker had 4 catches for 31 and no TDs.

Right on cue.

For the last time, QB's dont out play one another.  cause they arent going against one another.  Manning only threw 36 times, of which 20 came in like the 4th qtr and OT.  All because Denvers Coaches dont know how to coach.  Ultra-conservative.  You can blame the loss on Denver, but you cant pin it on Manning.  Numerous opportunites in the second half halted by fumbles and the OT screw up of Welker.

He wasnt but Moreno was hot so they were using him. But all the Denver receivers sucked. DT, Decker ( i mean that PI call ).

Welker out of all was the key for the loss. How ironic is that. He catches the ball, FG and its over. And he screws up again during OT.

Pretty much, yup. Well we all knew he'd be a key factor if he played, but I doubt many thought it would be like this.

I'd say the OT screw up was 50/50 him and other guy, because if I'm on ST I would think it's important to know where the ball is at all times if you're running down field. Especially in that situation where the one thing you do not do is turn the ball over.

Ultra-conservative. 

Gotta love the Dungyness of it. That's sarcasm.

Denver really had their chance to step on their throats in the first half. Easily could have been 40-0 but they let them hang around. It never ceases to amaze me how teams never learn you never let a Manning or Brady led offense linger in a game. It's suicide. You go for the kill shot. If you have the chance, you take it.

I love how so few in this thread have given credit to Belichick. Some will show a stat that say Brady vs Manning 4-10(in favor of Brady)

But Brady doesn't play Manning and vice versa. Brady has played against a Colt defense that has been below average>average>and GOOD at best(I'm being nice)The Colts defense(when Manning was still with us)definitely gave up some big plays and huge chunks of yards ESPECIALLY in games that mattered most. 

The true stat and reality is this matchup is really Manning vs one of the best defensive minds(if not the THE best)in football history Bill Belichick.

Even just looking at tonights game, Brady had far more opportunities and his receivers were getting open and less contested than what Manning had to deal with tonight(or any other time he went up against the Pats)

When you have Bill Belichick coaching your team, anything is possible Tom Brady has been fortunate enough to have a mind that can help save him when he needs it most.

It was a good game.  Lots of tense nail biting moments.  I thought the game was over at half time.  The Broncos losing Rodgers Cromartie was like the Pats losing Aquib Talib in the AFC title game last year against the Ravens.  When you lose your #1 CB it's bad!

We can also make an argument that the Pats could have won by a larger margin if they didn't fumble in the first half.  For the Pats to come back from 24-0 in the 3rd after fumbling 3 or 4 times shows they could have blown the doors wide open or stayed with the Broncos all through out.  But fumbles happen, Broncos fumbled too.

It is good that the Pats benched Ridley.  He's a liability.  But when he's benched the Pats are thing at RB.  He's their #1 RB.

Peyton is not the main reason why the Broncos lost.  But Peyton and the offensive coordinator screwed up late in the 4th or in overtime when Aquib Talib got injured and left the game for a few plays and the the Pats put a less talented CB covering the Broncos top WR.  Peyton didn't once target him.

I love how so few in this thread have given credit to Belichick. Some will show a stat that say Brady vs Manning 4-10(in favor of Brady)

But Brady doesn't play Manning and vice versa. Brady has played against a Colt defense that has been below average>average>and GOOD at best(I'm being nice)The Colts defense(when Manning was still with us)definitely gave up some big plays and huge chunks of yards ESPECIALLY in games that mattered most. 

The true stat and reality is this matchup is really Manning vs one of the best defensive minds(if not the THE best)in football history Bill Belichick.

Even just looking at tonights game, Brady had far more opportunities and his receivers were getting open and less contested than what Manning had to deal with tonight(or any other time he went up against the Pats)

When you have Bill Belichick coaching your team, anything is possible Tom Brady has been fortunate enough to have a mind that can help save him when he needs it most.

Pats haven't had a good defense since the 2006 season.

Peyton didn't play on the Colts team tonight.  He played on the Broncos.  How many teams does Peyton need to play on before you stop blaming everyone else around Peyton?  Brady only threw to 5 players tonight I believe.  Colts' fans need to stop making excuses because it's childish.

Peyton is playing on a record breaking offense this year that in some categories is putting up better stats than the Patriots 2007 18-1 team.  Welker has more td's this year in the first 8 games than he ever did through out his career in those seasons first 8 games.

Peyton is putting up much better numbers this year than Brady is.  Broncos' offense is CRUSHING the Pats' offense in stats this year.  Broncos were 9-1 going into tonight's game.  Pats were 7-3.  Pats have injuries on D.  lol

Tony Dungy was an amazing coach who EVERYONE knows built one of the greatest defenses of all time in the Tampa Bay Bucs and it was Gruden who took Dungy's team to the super bowl so it was really Dungy's team that won the Super Bowl.

For Colts' fans to whine about Tom Brady having to rely on Belichick and that Belichick is such a brilliant genius than that continues to prove that spy gate was a non-issue and Belichick doesn't need any camera to beat Peyton.  Pats are 4-2 against Peyton since 2007.  Brady is 4-1 against Peyton since 2007.

I beg to differ.  It happens most of the time.

"I hated the way that game ended, with us not getting a chance to get our hands on the ball,'' Manning lamented.

Sorry, but I can't picture that type of postgame quote from Brady.  Manning choked, and then he laments his lack of "a chance to get our hands on the ball"?

Manning wasn't good tonight either, but he wasn't terrible. Just drop dead average Dilfer it up to the RB. Far from why they lost, but didn't help them win. With the way Moreno was running he didn't have to. Denver needs to be Moreno or bust with their RB's going forward, because those other THREE guys now have cost them in big games. I would love to see the stat line of RB fumbles for Denver over the past two seasons.

sure did , a tie would of been as good as a win

where there any adjustments made at halftime at all Denver wise, they had to know BB would have a new gameplan

hard to run run run  & run etc , then pass cold and develop a rhythm in paassing game, 

Moreno has ankle injury , on cruches in boot,

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24594432/broncos-briefs-knowshon-moreno-suffers-ankle-injury-loss

Once DRC  , shoulder injury , which never would of happened if Holiday doidnt fumble for brady to try and make a hail mary at end of half & DRC dove to block it injuring self and left game, Denver had no pass defense

Denver seemed to play to try and not win in second half just run time away

still credit pats with comback win

It pains me to say this, but Props to Brady for his performance in the 2nd half.

This was another "Classic" Game, and like so many already said on here,  I thought it was over at the Half, however the Pats never gave up and were relentless in their Win.    Credit where credit is due.

Another cold weather loss. Where Manning fails, you can usually bank on Flacco and the Ravens against those Patriots !

Can't argue with that. Manning has never been great in the cold. But watching last night's game it is obvious that he has no grip on the ball when the temperature dips. His arm strength is decidedly less than it was in his younger days, but his grip was the real problem. The ball seemed to be popping out early on throws and floating. It was actually pretty sad. Not a good sign for Denver's playoff aspirations.

Can't argue with that. Manning has never been great in the cold. But watching last night's game it is obvious that he has no grip on the ball when the temperature dips. His arm strength is decidedly less than it was in his younger days, but his grip was the real problem. The ball seemed to be popping out early on throws and floating. It was actually pretty sad. Not a good sign for Denver's playoff aspirations.

He's an all time great quarterback, and obviously you can't blame him entirely for all five cold weather losses, but until he wins, the Kryptonite theory will remain alive.