Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos at Pats SNF game thread (mega merge)

Jules

true but then again he went 10-5 with the KC in 2010 . . . what does that say about the 52 pats players outside of the QB? . . . you mean to tell me Brady has been playing with KC level players for all of these years? .

It has nothing to do with Brady. I'm simply saying Cassel sucks.

And no, the Patriots through those years had better players overall (and coaches) than KC.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's why we have advanced metrics such as passing stats under pressure and Yards threw the air (subtracting YAC)

Advanced metrics will still show that no one player is responsible for any one play by himself. While it is true that the QB controls the most for stats, he also has the most influence on the outcome of the game as well so the point is moot. wins/losses and stats are both team driven and both are most heavily influenced by QB play.

It has nothing to do with Brady. I'm simply saying Cassel sucks.

And no, the Patriots through those years had better players overall (and coaches) than KC.

yes I agree with you regarding KC and the coaches 100% . . . but not so sure how bad Cassel is as a QB . . . for me he is a solid backup and serviceable starter .  .  .

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• You think the Ed Dodds you see in edited clips here is the same as the Ed Dodds who interviews with teams?   I don’t know you or anyone would think that?      He’s very much respected around the NFL which is why multiple teams ask to interview with them most every year. 
    • Round 1 - #15 A. Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas B. Brian Thomas, WR, LSU C. Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia   Round 2 - #46  A. Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M B. Marshall Kneeland, DE, Western Michigan C. Jaden Hicks, S, Washington State   Round 3 - #82 A. Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon B. Darius Robinson, DE/DT, Missouri C. Ben Sinnott, TE, Kansas State   Round 4 - #117 A. Jalyx Hunt, DE, Houston Christian B. Mason McCormick, OG, South Dakota State C. Malik Washington, WR, Virginia   Round 5 - #151 A. Beaux Limmer, OC, Arkansas B. Tanor Bortolini, OC, Wisconsin C. Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville   Round 6 - #191 A. Decamerion Richardson, CB, Mississippi State B. Qwan'tez Stiggers, CB, Toronto C. Nick Gargiulo, OC, South Carolina   Round 7 - #234 A. Millard Bradford, SS, TCU B. Mark Perry, FS, TCU C. Dalton Tucker, OG, Marshall   BONUS: Will the Colts trade the #15 pick this year?  A: Yes, they will trade back.  
    • Yeah... Richardson needs players who can separate and who can get open deep. IMO "give the inaccurate QB a contested catch receiver with large catch radius" is one of the tropes that hasn't proven to work well. Contested catches have about 50-55% success rate even with the best of contested catch receivers and with relatively accurate QBs... now if you think AR's accuracy is not good, drop that rate even more. The best way to give a relatively inaccurate QB better chance to complete passes is to give him a WR who separates and and who is open so the QB would have more of a margin for error to throw the ball a little behind or ahead or a little higher or lower than ideal. (we are not talking about uncatchable balls here... those will be uncatchable for anyone really). In that regard, one thing I would agree about is - we need WRs who have good hands and have good ball skills.   And this is ignoring that AR has indeed been pretty good with his accuracy on passes at intermediate and long range. His biggest problem coming into the league was the short stuff and he was already showing improvements in that deparment before he got injured.    And Worthy is the WR who created the most separation from anybody in this draft :   
    • Richardson  accuracy  on deep balls is his strength.  Hence why you pair an elite deep threat in worthy.
  • Members