Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Cardinals Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? It's because he listened to the T-Rich interview. T-Rich said he is playing well, so Donald's view on what is good play is totally skewed now.....5 seasons or so undone with one interview.

There you go again... so much hate for one man. Your commentary from game to game never changes. Mind boggled.

It's can't be just their fault when we lose, and no credit when we beat great teams. That makes no sense.

It's not the coach letting these WRs run free. Or dropping balls. Or turning the ball over.

This team, top to bottom, is just wildly inconsistent.

Right because David Reed's stellar play is keeping him in games.

Players that have been playing poorly recently need correcting/COACHING up. If they can't turn it around then they have to switch it up. Coaches need to be there for these situations otherwise what's their job.

I gotta question the coaching decisions.

1. Brown had a great game last week, so they make sure he cuts that out. We don't need first downs and hard running. Let's make sure we keep 2.8 YPA guy in there all game.

2.Whalen is placed on the practice squad, Rogers is inactive when we clearly need receiver help. But hey, at least we have 10 TEs. I expect we will look to add a few more.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Jumping into this.   I think it was on Ryan.   Yes, you're right about JT closing too early, but I think its because the ball actually got there too late.  Ryan couldn't get it into JT's belly in time.  He looked to be stretching more than he should, and seemed about ready to just toss him the handoff.   I get that JT should not have closed, but the ball needed to be there by then or else he would have ran through the hole without the ball. LOL.  Either JT ran away from Ryan too fast, took a longer angle, or Ryan was too slow giving him the ball.   Just saying that if its officially listed as a fumble on Ryan, I can see why.  JT was nearly out of position and rapidly getting out of position when Ryan let go of the ball.
    • I was born in Indianapolis in 1986 at St Francis hospital, which wasn't too far from the RCA Dome. My family were never really athletes, but they were big Colts and Pacers fans. In 1995, my family really began to get into the Colts spirit when they made it into the playoffs, and I remember the games were always on every TV in the house. The attached garage was turned into more a fan cave/hangout for the adults when other family and friends came over to watch the game. That year was my first year really watching football, and seeing what *should* have been PI on Pittsburgh in the end zone is when I really became a fan.   In 1996, I moved to Southern Kentucky which, obviously, doesn't have any pro sports teams. So anyone there that did like the NFL were Cowboys or Steelers fans, while NBA fans liked the Bulls and Rockets. The others were only college basketball fans, so that meant Kentucky Wildcats. I was typically the outcast with sports because I didn't like the Cowboys or Steelers, and I'd wear a few Colts things here and there, which usually turned into adults even giving me dirty or odd looks. Imagine giving a 10-year-old kid dirty looks over his sports team choices. Southern hospitality, right? This just made me buckle down on my fandom even more.   In 1998 when Indy was drafting first, a lot of people were telling me how Peyton was a bad QB because he played for Tennessee, which made zero sense. Mostly think it was the stigma of college basketball fans not liking the school, so that automatically meant any QB or player coming from there was bad. That first season when Peyton was terrible, everyone doubled down on their "hurrrrrr told you so" attitude about Peyton.   It was hard to buy Colts things in Kentucky because, again, only Cowboys and Steelers stuff was really available. I only managed to get Colts items when I visited family and friends in Indy, or at my birthday/Christmas.   After that, from 99 and on, I continued dealing with nonsense from everyone about my choice as a Colts fan.   When the Titans arrived in Tennessee, it REALLY got bad with all of a sudden fans who refused to accept the Titans were the Oilers, and just changed their name. My FIRST NFL game was in 2003 in Indy playing the Titans. All of my friends and everyone at school kept saying how badly Tennessee was going to beat them. How my family wasted money on tickets, etc. Well, Indy obliterated Tennessee 33-7. That Monday morning at school, NO ONE said a word to me, and I made sure I wore my Manning jersey that day.   Since then, I've been to several games at the RCA Dome and Lucas Oil, including the Rams game when Peyton and Marvin broke the record. I *think* that was the game where Peyton and Jeff got into it on the sidelines? Incredibly fun game, and it was absolutely deafening that day.   I'm sad that I only managed to see Luck play one game as a Colt in person, and that was down in Nashville when Pat ran the fake punt.   Now I live in PA, so sometimes I'll go out to watch the games at a sports bar that's normally filled with obnoxious Ravens fans that remind me how they can't get over 1984.
    • If you grew up on a diet of Peyton and Luck this is a devastating time as a fan. If you're an older fan (like myself) this is just the same old Colts pre Manning years... Lol
    • Bestie, I made a throwaway joke about a bench outside of the VP at the stadium in Bloomington that  read "reserved for Dan Dakich" to see if anyone else knew the bench, ie people who attended IU in the late 80s and 90s and would have been to the VP and remembered the bench.  I didn't know who he was other than  Dakich was known for "shutting" down Jordan.  That's all.  It might have even said that on the bench.     That's the only thing I had ever known about Dan Dakich.  He had a bench reserved at the BP for his performance against Jorday in 84.  That and he coached a little.  I've never heard the man speak.  I'm in S. IND, and we don't get his show.   Then YOU proceeded to argue my throwaway line about Dakich into one saying KNIGHT played zone v. NC in 84.  I was pretty sure you were wrong because we all grew up in S. INdiana knowing how to play sagging, help side man because that's what the God of S. IND Bob Knight played.  And I looked at the game on YouTube and saw after about 1 minute you must be confusing a sagging man to man with a zone.  Knight NEVER played in the 70s, 80s and early 90s.  NEVER.   He did incorporate some zone on occasion late in his career, but certainly NOT in 84.   Yet Bestie, you were so confident and indignant in defending your position that Dakich is wrong about what he said about the Colts  that you went to arguing about whether or not Dakich played good D v. Jordan in 84.   Weird.       
  • Members

• #12.

#12. 2,183

• bsteves

bsteves 261

• SVFD Colts Fan

SVFD Colts Fan 5

• Solid84

Solid84 1,551

• NFLfan

NFLfan 11,967

Moderators