Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Cardinals Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have so much to be thankful for t his week !!!  

I am thankful for family, friends, and being here spending the game day with my forum friends.  We didn't get the win today, but we gotta keep on keeping on and look forward to next week !!!

GOOOOOOOO Colts !!!!!!!!!!

Doubtful....that "statue" QB that you are talking about gets rid of the ball in less than 3 seconds. He has the quickest release in the NFL right now. The D Lines can't even think about breaking through in that amount of time. Peyton's O line is filled with 2nd string guys....the difference??? HIS RELEASE TIME and his ability to ADAPT to KNOWING he has a weak O line. Peyton releases the ball before a receiver is even in position. It is up to Luck and HIS COACHES to make the proper adjustments.

Uhhhh I'm well aware of Peyton's release time. I was speaking to the fact that Lucks mobility is saving him right now. Not that Peyton is bad because he is a statue.

Your insecurity is showing friend.

Is that what I said? I said way back when was that the coaches need to be accountable and one of the reasons for my saying that is that TRich has not been playing well and that Brown has been better as of late. Make the switch and let it be a hard lesson to motivate Richardson. If not then admit you were wrong and cut him.

Another example is David Reed.

Gotcha. Switch our one RB for another and change the kick returner. That's all we need for instant W's.

lmao.

Well, I thought that the Rams game was a turd, but this one was a mega turd.  Happy Thanksgiving to all, except for the Colts, I'm not sure they earned their turkey dinner tonight.  Perhaps they should work the food shelters in downtown Indy to rectify tonight's abysmal failure.

Go Colts regardless....I guess....

Gotcha. Switch our one RB for another and change the kick returner. That's all we need for instant W's.

lmao.

House, I don't get your argument. The coaches did what you seem to want them to do- stay the course with the guys we have. It led to a loss.

Why wouldn't any reasonable fan want to see a change? Staying the course has sucked so far.

Uhhhh I'm well aware of Peyton's release time. I was speaking to the fact that Lucks mobility is saving him right now. Not that Peyton is bad because he is a statue.

Your insecurity is showing friend.

Thank you but I have ZERO insecurities. I think everyone blaming an O Line that is obviously poor is not looking at the whole picture. Luck is 2nd year so I give him a slight pass but the coaches need to adjust knowing full well they have a shady Oline. Luck's mobility is great until he gets hurt. Mobile QB's have a shorter shelf life than statues. Wouldn't it make more sense to have everyone ADJUST to the situation rather than take a chance that your BEST player get hurt? This team could use a statue with a quick release, Luck is and can be that guy but NO ONE makes adjustments for it. 

House, I don't get your argument. The coaches did what you seem to want them to do- stay the course with the guys we have. It led to a loss.

Why wouldn't any reasonable fan want to see a change? Staying the course has sucked so far.

I never once advocated not making any changes. In fact I've been highly critical of the coaching staffs insistence on being a "Power team." Only that the option to switch up players at this time in the year is difficult. You can tweak the line a bit. Change the returner. And mess with the RBs. But the problems causing these types of losses are a combination of things. Not just Pags not "switching it up."

I'm not willing to put losses like today all on the Coaches. The players haven't been great on both sides of the ball as well.

That was my only point.

I thought we would have still had a chance.  Hilton played well the next game (I believe he had 3 TDs), Fleener and Brazill were still here, etc.

Oh there was and still always is a chance don't get me wrong but we have a young team. Hilton shows flashes but is inconsistent and young, Luck while normally he puts up good numbers his ball placement is not good and sometimes down right bad (Take the 1 handed catch by Wayne this year on a screen....That was a great catch but a bad pass...That ball should have been out in front of Wayne so he can runand not stop to catch it....Little things like that that were a bit ore covered up because of Wayne consistently making great catches. We were still going to have to through the growing pains with our young talent but could afford to more with Reggie playing as good as he was....Without him our problems are much more glaring.

Completely agree!!!!

Doubtful....that "statue" QB that you are talking about gets rid of the ball in less than 3 seconds. He has the quickest release in the NFL right now. The D Lines can't even think about breaking through in that amount of time. Peyton's O line is filled with 2nd string guys....the difference??? HIS RELEASE TIME and his ability to ADAPT to KNOWING he has a weak O line. Peyton releases the ball before a receiver is even in position. It is up to Luck and HIS COACHES to make the proper adjustments.

Thank you but I have ZERO insecurities. I think everyone blaming an O Line that is obviously poor is not looking at the whole picture. Luck is 2nd year so I give him a slight pass but the coaches need to adjust knowing full well they have a shady Oline. Luck's mobility is great until he gets hurt. Mobile QB's have a shorter shelf life than statues. Wouldn't it make more sense to have everyone ADJUST to the situation rather than take a chance that your BEST player get hurt? This team could use a statue with a quick release, Luck is and can be that guy but NO ONE makes adjustments for it.

That has nothing to do with anything I said lol.