Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay tweet about Ed Reed.

Dustin

Where does he fit? We have a full 53 don't we? Who'd get released?

There are plenty of options we can go for that. Can either cut Gordy of Jalil Brown depending on whoever you want when Gordy gets back. Can cut one of the tight ends( we only keep two on the game day roster), can cut David Reed, don't know how serious Howell's neck injury is but him going to IR is another possibility. There are a lot of scenarios

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't rebuild a line in one season without getting really lucky. I think our pieces have to grow together, and Thomas getting hurt makes that difficult.

Definitely is hard to build a line in a season, but that doesn't have to do with the prior personal or "nightmare cap" he constantly talks about. It has do do with experience time together.

I just don't see the point in trying to blame inexperience together as something else. Because neither of those excuses relate to our line. Like I said he went and spent his $50M worth of "nightmare cap" somewhere other than the line.

Definitely is hard to build a line in a season, but that doesn't have to do with the prior personal or "nightmare cap" he constantly talks about. It has do do with experience time together.

I just don't see the point in trying to blame inexperience together as something else. Because neither of those excuses relate to our line. Like I said he went and spent his $50M worth of "nightmare cap" somewhere other than the line.

Thomas, Cherilius, and McGlynn and Satele from the previous offseason disagree. This front office has spent a truckload on the line, but two interior lineman have busted.

No he didn't. We signed two free agent linemen this year. That's 40% of the starting line. We signed Satele and McGlynn last year, in the midst of the cap nightmare (neither of them have played well, but we did sign them). And we drafted two linemen this year also.

We can debate the merits of those moves, but saying the team didn't address the line is patently false. Grigson has addressed it in both of his offseasons as the GM, and did so very significantly this year.

Thomas, Cherilius, and McGlynn and Satele from the previous offseason disagree. This front office has spent a truckload on the line, but two interior lineman have busted.

My point, how has the "nightmare cap" and aging players affected our line. Because none of those four guys fall under Irsay's excuse for our line.

We can debate the merits of those moves, but saying the team didn't address the line is patently false. Grigson has addressed it in both of his offseasons as the GM, and did so very significantly this year.

Yea you're right we did address the line. Which even further proves my point. No way has the previous regime or the cap space affected this line. Like you said you can debate the merit of those moves, but those moves were not prevented by salary cap or aging players. Because the line does not represent either of those categories. It just feels like Irsay is quick to blame the old regime so easily these days. It has to do with two of their moves failed, so far.

Can't rebuild a line in one season without getting really lucky. I think our pieces have to grow together, and Thomas getting hurt makes that difficult.

Thomas going down hurt big time. We would have more freedom to move McGlynn over and put te best of the three out of Thorton, Reitz and link at rg.

I don't know what it is, but the past couple years a lot of what Irsay says rubs me the wrong way. So i guess I'm venting. haha

Yeah well, I think we all kind of know what it is, but whatever. Nothing wrong with that, I just think you're reading his comment wrong.

I think he was saying that the rebuild was/is difficult because of the circumstances the team had. One was the cap, and that's obvious. The other is that the line was a mess, and that's absolutely true, and like Irsay says, it's been a slow process trying to fix it. I don't think he was saying it's been a slow fix on the line because of the cap issues.

Thomas going down hurt big time. We would have more freedom to move McGlynn over and put te best of the three out of Thorton, Reitz and link at rg.

Yup. The other thing is losing Dwayne Allen, who would have frequently been used in protection. Also Vick Ballard, who was pass blocking like a pro early this season.

We're really hampered at the skill positions, and now losing Reggie really affects the quarterback. 

Colts need help at saftety and WR. Not to mention Reed and Pagno have a past history. Why wouldn't the Colts be considering signing him at what would be peanuts?

Trollin hard today, are we?

1) The Colts are fine at safety, they need help at CB, OL, and WR before they need an over the hill washed up safety.

2) Ed Reed is slow, old, and bad. Also a safety not a WR.

Your blatant troll is noted. 7/10. Concept was average, but execution and effort were good. Points for that.

Trollin hard today, are we?

1) The Colts are fine at safety, they need help at CB, OL, and WR before they need an over the hill washed up safety.

2) Ed Reed is slow, old, and bad. Also a safety not a WR.

Your blatant troll is noted. 7/10. Concept was average, but execution and effort were good. Points for that.

then why did Irasy tweet that if he is not at least considering reed?

I would think the top teams are:

1) Jets (Given Ryan's past relationship with Reed)

2) Pats (Reed has man crush on Bill)

3) Ravens (although Harbaugh came out today and said he does not want him)

But I can others at least kicking the tires. You almost have to. He was coming off hip surgery and it is no secret that the Texans are a mess. There may be something left especially in special packages for him and he would come on the cheap.

then why did Irasy tweet that if he is not at least considering reed?

I would think the top teams are:

1) Jets (Given Ryan's past relationship with Reed)

2) Pats (Reed has man crush on Bill)

3) Ravens (although Harbaugh came out today and said he does not want him)

But I can others at least kicking the tires. You almost have to. He was coming off hip surgery and it is no secret that the Texans are a mess. There may be something left especially in special packages for him and he would come on the cheap.

Irsay tweeted it because he is an internet troll extraoridanaire. Nothing more, nothing less. He does this type of thing all the time. If they were actually considering it, he would have dropped hints but never said a name.

Colts need help at saftety and WR. Not to mention Reed and Pagno have a past history. Why wouldn't the Colts be considering signing him at what would be peanuts?

Maybe they considered Reed at safety. It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest they'd consider him at receiver. And that's how we know Irsay was joking.

You lost Reggie maybe? There is nothing in his tweet to indicate he was joking ....

The fact that no one moves a player from defense to offense after they've been playing defense in the NFL for that long.  

The fact that Ed Reed has nothing left in the tank and got cut MIDSEASON by another team after he fell to their 3rd string?

Maybe they considered Reed at safety. It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest they'd consider him at receiver. And that's how we know Irsay was joking.

Do you think that type of joking would upset Reed? I can see him not liking Irsay talking about him in jest at WR right after being cut. The guy is a HoF. Seems kind of calous to me. What do you think?

Do you think that type of joking would upset Reed? I can see him not liking Irsay talking about him in jest at WR right after being cut. The guy is a HoF. Seems kind of calous to me. What do you think?

I think that's a gigantic stretch, and I don't really care what Ed Reed thinks about Jim Irsay's comments.

That Irsay is a troll and people getting up in arms about it is exactly what he wanted. Much like how you keep trying to push for this to be taken seriously.

That Irsay is a troll and people getting up in arms about it is exactly what he wanted. Much like how you keep trying to push for this to be taken seriously.

Your owner said it. I think there is always some truth behind jest. I think many teams are looking at Reed ... be foolish not to.

Didn't you know everything Jim does is super serious, and has long and intense repercussions?

Everything.

Wooooossssshhhhhhh, wooooooooooossssssshhhhhhh right over your head...........

If the Colts had any interest in :lecture: . Do you think he would tweet the fans and ask what we think? :no:

Your owner said it. I think there is always some truth behind jest. I think many teams are looking at Reed ... be foolish not to.

Your clearly trying to stir the pot and very persistent at it. If you cant understand or (or refuse to aknowledge is probably is a better word)then some form of interpersonal relations classes may be good for you to look into

Your clearly trying to stir the pot and very persistent at it. If you cant understand or (or refuse to aknowledge is probably is a better word)then some form of interpersonal relations classes may be good for you to look into

just a little :bored:  today and Irsay is always a good topic for an old fashioned :stir:

But honestly you guys always seem to  :reaction: when it comes to his tweets .... 

just a little :bored:  today and Irsay is always a good topic for an old fashioned :stir:

But honestly you guys always seem to  :reaction: when it comes to his tweets .... 

every person here is laughing about it and you are overreacting like usual.  seriously... do you think before you type??

Like I said he went and spent his $50M worth of "nightmare cap" somewhere other than the line.

didnt we make Cherilouis the highest paid RT in the league??  we found a few pieces to the puzzle man.  Thornton just needs some more exp but the potential is there and Cherilous is the new leader on the OLine.  Gonna need 1 more off season and i think the oline will look real good