Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Call up Da'Rick Rogers

BlueCollarColts

So I am not going to overreact to this loss, clearly our team is not this bad and St. Louis came to play and we didn't simple as that, but one thing is increasingly obvious, we need some help at WR. Hilton has proved he can be a legit #1, but he has no help at that position. All we have heard is how talented this kid is, so I would give him a shot

It would take more than a PS WR to fix the offense, they need at least 2 interior O-lineman, If Luck wasn't hit so often he would have so many missed throws.  The O-line is pathetic and you can't really call it a failure by Grigson. He addressed it through free agency and draft but injuries and player development have been detrimental to the Colts this season.  

I think you guys are expecting Rodgers to come in and start putting up 100 yd games. Not gonna happen. WR is one of the hardest positions to transition into out of college.

DHB has only been targeted 40 times, that's low for a starter. In fact, I think that's the lowest for any wr who has started every game this year.

You cant say Rodgers isnt good. Look up his stats from college.. The only reason he didnt start for the bills is his off the field problems that happened while at Tennessee. Give him a shot. Cant do worse than DHB and whalen. No he might not come in a be a huge star and "save" our offense. But he could be a step in the right direction...

and what's the reason DHB is on the roster? he can't catch the ball. and the guy is a veteran wr...

its clearly becuase he knows the playbook, sure he can't catch the plays drawn up but lets not that stop him from being "the guy".

I don't understand how anyone can defend DHB at this point in the season. He is a tall fast strong guy who can't catch the ball. If he was a 5th round pick from fhe raiders we picked up in the off season with the same measurables, would this still be a topic?

I think you guys are expecting Rodgers to come in and start putting up 100 yd games. Not gonna happen. WR is one of the hardest positions to transition into out of college.

DHB has only been targeted 40 times, that's low for a starter. In fact, I think that's the lowest for any wr who has started every game this year.

That's what happens when you don't get open.

Why does everyone think that Rogers can help this team right away?

There's a reason he's on the practice squad, and that reason is: HE'S NOT READY! 

He will not help this team if they call him up.

I for one am not calling for darick but I'm calling for a change from DHB for sure.

So do you tell him he plays in three days and hope he learns the playbook?

Does he necessarily need to know the entire playbook to be given a shot?  It wouldn't be the first time an NFL player was allowed to play in a game without knowing the entire playbook.  What you need to know in a situation like this is so many plays, and the coaching staff increases what you do as the season progresses.

IF we take a look at each tweet that is a part of that conversation between Rogers and the Person He Was Talking To We will see that what he meant was that He can NOT go to School during the football season.  He meant that it's entirely too much to go to school and study Professional football all at the same time.  That's why he said "Ima holla at you offseason".

Meaning talk to me about school after the season is over. It's just too much to do both at the same time.

He said he was bored, the poster responded you could finish your degree with online classes, Rogers replied he may think about that in the off season.  The playbook is enough to take in.  Not that he is lost about the playbook, or he doesn't know any of it. It's clear that he means his first priority is football for now.

1. @darickrogers - you could sign up for an online class to keep working on your degree

2. @BRussNDUT ima holla at you off season ! This playbook is real lol. Gotta learn it first.

1:30 PM - 23 Oct 13 · Details

Does he necessarily need to know the entire playbook to be given a shot? It wouldn't be the first time an NFL player was allowed to play in a game without knowing the entire playbook. What you need to know in a situation like this is so many plays, and the coaching staff increases what you do as the season progresses.

I'm all for him getting a shot if that's what the coaching staff decides. I'm just not working under the assumption that he's going to better than DHB. Most of these guys have good or great college stats. As many have pointed out, that doesn't mean a whole lot once you get to the NFL.

If he's brought up and does great, then wonderful. Bench or cut DHB. I'm not happy about his drops either. I just don't believe there are many viable alternatives at this point in the season.

I'm all for him getting a shot if that's what the coaching staff decides. I'm just not working under the assumption that he's going to better than DHB. Most of these guys have good or great college stats. As many have pointed out, that doesn't mean a whole lot once you get to the NFL.

If he's brought up and does great, then wonderful. Bench or cut DHB. I'm not happy about his drops either. I just don't believe there are many viable alternatives at this point in the season.

To be honest with you, in my opinion I think what most of us want is someone who will catch the dang football consistently. If he can at least do that I will be happy.  I don't think it's a huge leap to say that it's a strong likelihood if a guy caught the ball really well in college he will likely catch it well in the pros.  I mean what really changes about catching a football in the pros vs college other than timing maybe.  Reggie Wayne was drafted because of the fact that he could catch in college very well.  None of that really changed in the pros.  Deandre Hopkins caught the ball really well in college, he still can catch the football from what I can see.  I can't imagine that Rogers would all of a sudden forget how to catch just because it's pro football.

IF we take a look at each tweet that is a part of that conversation between Rogers and the Person He Was Talking To We will see that what he meant was that He can NOT go to School during the football season.  He meant that it's entirely too much to go to school and study Professional football all at the same time.  That's why he said "Ima holla at you offseason".

Meaning talk to me about school after the season is over. It's just too much to do both at the same time.

He said he was bored, the poster responded you could finish your degree with online classes, Rogers replied he may think about that in the off season.  The playbook is enough to take in.  Not that he is lost about the playbook, or he doesn't know any of it. It's clear that he means his first priority is football for now.

1. @darickrogers - you could sign up for an online class to keep working on your degree

2. @BRussNDUT ima holla at you off season ! This playbook is real lol. Gotta learn it first.

1:30 PM - 23 Oct 13 · Details

Lol yeah tbh this just sounds like he was making an excuse.