Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Caldwell/coaching (Merge)

number28

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly dont see how some of the coaches dont get fired after this season... you got players calling plays while they are about to snap the ball, no discipline what so ever..... Mike ditka would have put some of these players and coaches in their place if he was coaching lol

I honestly dont see how some of the coaches dont get fired after this season... you got players calling plays while they are about to snap the ball, no discipline what so ever..... Mike ditka would have put some of these players and coaches in their place if he was coaching lol

That is who I always wanted as our coach, Iron Mike Ditka. Let's look at some others that would be a good fit for our Peyton:

Brian Billick

Mooch

Peyton Manning (Player/Coach)

I am glad Jim Irsay is out there in Nawlins, he gets to endure this and hopefully it gets him to fire a few coaches. We are not even competitive.

I have said before, the only team with a top 10 offense that we played was the Texans and we lost 34-7 and we could see the Texans take the foot off their pedal after the half. The Saints did so only after the 3rd quarter. Expect similar happenings vs the Patriots, and maybe some other teams too.

That is who I always wanted as our coach, Iron Mike Ditka. Let's look at some others that would be a good fit for our Peyton:

Brian Billick

Mooch

I use to have this optimistic thing going for the colts but now.... idk what to say.

I use to have this optimistic thing going for the colts but now.... idk what to say.

Friend....I'm a original Mayflower greeter. Seen the 3-13 years....never was bad as 3-13...I see 0-16 with Caldwell....like Peyton said to Jim Mora..."I'm playing for your job"

Peyton is not in there to play for Caldwell's job...and we can plainly see Caldwell's best coaching happening right now

Not even a pro-painter post?

I have been a Painter fan since they drafted him....if my brother was alive...he would vouch for me. I was p***ed they cut Tommy Harris to give Collins $4 mil. Painter was the man...everything clicked for him the final pre-season game. And they bring in a "never was" QB with Collins

Because if they did, there is absolutley no way they could let Jim Caldwell coach next week. we seriously do not deserve a win this year. i dont care if we dont have peyton, there is no reason for us to be playing this way. runs up the middle, runs to the side, throws from every angle they can come from. and we can do absolutley nothing on offense. this is embarassing. i really cant think of way to put my frustration at this point. i knew it would be bad, but not like this.

Reality is now setting in. Our schedule has been very friendly with games against much less potent offenses in Bucs / Chiefs / Steelers / Browns / Bengals. Now we will begin to see just how bad this team is when we start playing the likes of the Saints / Carolina / Pats / Texans again / Ravens. The Pats and Texans games will probably be as bad as tonight's game, but they will still win by 3+ td's. I sent a post a few weeks back asking if this Colts team were the worst ever in the Indy era and I'll pose that question again tonight. This team is terrible.

Friend....I'm a original Mayflower greeter. Seen the 3-13 years....never was bad as 3-13...I see 0-16 with Caldwell....like Peyton said to Jim Mora..."I'm playing for your job"

Peyton is not in there to play for Caldwell's job...and we can plainly see Caldwell's best coaching happening right now

I really am starting to see that as well. Just like one poster said, the colts have that loser smell all around them.

No player stepped up in this game except carter.. the colts just have a bad team plain and simple.

Weren't you saying in another thread how Carter hasn't contributed simply because he didn't have a TD? :D Like I said, he's one of the few players on the team who has.

Edited by Moose Of Woe

Weren't you saying in another thread how Carter hasn't contributed simply because he didn't have a TD? :D Like I said, he's one of the few players on the team who has.

Mate that was like three weeks ago lol... when i said that he didnt have any TD's.. good memory ill give you that.

Brian Billick

Mooch

Brian Billick is the guy I want. :D And if Jax. fires Del Rio then I'd love to bring him in as new DC.

Let's agree that Payton took a risk as calculated and measured as it was - but a big risk nonetheless. But where I cannot agree is that it is on coaching. The ball hit Baskett in the hands. He simply did not make the play. I guess you can say he was fooled but no more than any player on any team would have been by a team doing something that had never been done in that situation, in that big of a game. But he was not fooled to the extent that he took himself out of the play. If that had happened, blame the coaches all you want. But he was right there and simply failed at execution. That is on Baskett. And if it is true that he had the ball and gave it up after he heard the ref, even more so on the *.

It's the retreating part not Baskett's drop that is a coaching issue. The specials teams suck so bad that they have to retreat on kickoffs.

Why do people blame caldwell? Where to start.... Its pretty simple.

Obviously, coaching isnt entirely responsible for the failures of this team. But think about the colts golden years all the different things coaches would throw at us to try and win, when they knew they were huge underdogs. But they adjusted, and gameplanned accordingly. something our coaches dont do.

Things like:

-onside kicks (after halftime, or right after the TD before the half)

-Trick plays or any new wrinkles to the offense. be creative. we dont have peyton. we can be vanilla and win. adjust!

-Going for it on 4th down once in a while.

- Defense needs to take some risks. id rather give up a few deep balls and have a few shots at turnovers/sacks etc than let them complete 8-12 button hooks all the way down the field. Again, no peyton. We cant count on LETTING them score 24 knowing we will get 28. Yes, we may give up more by blitzing and taking risks. But at least there is a scenario where, on the right day we could get enough lucky bounces to win a game. Sitting and letting teams trample us waiting for them to mess up is a bad strategy when we have peyton. But it is NEVER gonna work without him.

You cant continue to play the way we did when we had peyton. things are not the same without him. you have to do things you normally wouldnt if we want to win.

Ha, from just listening to him, you'd think that the Colts just came up short in a close game. Starting to make me sick. I don't see how he could forget how easily Brees (and pretty much any other team) shredded our defense at will in the Super Bowl using the exact same gameplan.

So with that, continue to give large cushions when time after time, Cornerbacks are flabbergasted after being beat by a quick slant, curl, or dump off in the middle of the field... Brilliant. No, I'm not going to say that I am done with this team, because I'm not an *, and I am a loyal / lifelong fan, but this is getting to the point where it's hard to be hopeful for the future when the defensive play calling never changes and a Division II-A team could have a field day passing the ball.

Nice exotic blitzes Coyer... Blitzing 1 linebacker once a game is not exotic. It's pointless, because the idea of getting a pass rush the majority of the time is laughable with the cushion our DBs give, allowing passes to get off quickly and be completed, all game. No, it's not all Caldwell's fault. It's not his fault that he was hired as a head coach without having a clue what he is doing... Please, please... "Santa", deliver us an early Christmas gift by firing the front office and the coaching staff... Yes, it's time for an overhaul, everywhere.

P.S. No more Tampa 2. We don't have a Warren Sapp, a Derrick Brooks, or a John Lynch to make it work, duh.

- Signed, Frustrated Fan #1270239

What makes no since to me is that if you are playing off the receiver by 8-10 yards, the QB can constantly throw short passes, therefore negating Freeney/Mathis pass rush. Wouldn't it make more since to press them more to give the line a bit more time to rush the QB? It is like playing prevent defense the entire game, and the other team picks you apart.

Exactly! What seems like common sense to we fans is seemingly out of question to the coaching staff. Like you said, why not press, use the 5 yard cushion to our advantage for once, so Freeney and Mathis in a Quarterbacks face actually creates turnovers, instead of seeing them coming, and dumping it to the middle of the field.... You know, like what happens 20 times a game, where no defender is ever close.

Keep plugging away... I have no clue guys. Yeah, great effort. You can tell from the yardage difference, the turnover difference, and the score for goodness sake. I wish he would quit sugar coating this like everyone is stupid, and as "firejimcaldwell" mentioned, own up to something.

I agree. I don't understand that big of a cushion. It's been negating our pass rush fairly consistently for the last few years, at least. I'd think pressing at the line would be more effective, but then again, I don't have nearly as much experience or knowledge as our coaching staff. I'm guessing it's because our CB's are NOT physical.

What makes no since to me is that if you are playing off the receiver by 8-10 yards, the QB can constantly throw short passes, therefore negating Freeney/Mathis pass rush. Wouldn't it make more since to press them more to give the line a bit more time to rush the QB? It is like playing prevent defense the entire game, and the other team picks you apart.