Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I would start considering putting Brazil in over DHB

mintor

They wont sit DHB for Brazill, at most Brazill will be used as our 4th wr, With that said this DHB experiment just simply has not worked and will continue not to work, 6'2" blazing speed with no hands and very little route running skills. It is what it is, cheer for him cause he is a Colt but this experiment will be coming to a close soon

DHB caught what was catchable.  That long one down the sideline was very close but still out of reach even for his speed.  Yes i know it hit his hands.  but theres a difference between hitting his hands like Fleener, and that throw that grazed his one hand.  Maybe if he REALLY laid out for it but idk.

DHB was invisible i said it before last week he has been a poor signing in actual fact i still prefer donnie avery than DHB at least Avery could actually catch the ball and make a few plays.  

also agree gavin above DHB wont be on this team next year. 

DHB was invisible i said it before last week he has been a poor signing in actual fact i still prefer donnie avery than DHB at least Avery could actually catch the ball and make a few plays.  

also agree gavin above DHB wont be on this team next year. 

Avery was like 3rd worst in drop% last year.  Brazil wasn't far behind.

EDIT:  I lied, Avery was first in worst drop %.  Don't know where DHB and Brazil was, but he wasn't in the top 10.

You beat me to the post...    DHB has 14 catches in 5 games and NO TD's this year, what at least 2 (maybe 3) games in a row without a single catch...  Time to make a change, this guys not performing...  Next man up...

I was really high on DHB, but this many games in a row without a single catch is inexcusable

You beat me to the post...    DHB has 14 catches in 5 games and NO TD's this year, what at least 2 (maybe 3) games in a row without a single catch...  Time to make a change, this guys not performing...  Next man up...

I was really high on DHB, but this many games in a row without a single catch is inexcusable

To be fair to DHB we are not using the guy properly.  The guy needs to be in a more vertical offense that uses his speed.  We are not a vertical offense at all so his best asset is wasted here.  I think we would have seen him perform better if Bruce was here.

They are not going to bench DHB because his second best ability is his run blocking and we love to run the ball here and are a smash mouth offense.  

Fleener is more of the concern to me. DHB will prob not be back after the season only signed a year contract I believe but Fleener on the other hand just as Gruden pointed out last night has not lived up to his high pick in last year's draft. Allen played so well last year that Coby's lacklusters performance went a little un-noticed. I for one think Pep uses DHB, Luck, TY, and Reggie wrong anyway. Our offense is so basic now and Brazill being in the lineup will make no difference. This whole offensive scheme makes Luck look very average instead of being that special franchise qb. It all starts with Chuck and the conservative mindset that trickles down to a suspect college oc that is under utilizing his talent to run the Stanford offense in the nfl.

That's because it's not the same offense as last year!

yep i know! and i understand the scheme this year, we should just take advantage of our personnel strengths for now until the weaknesses that are needed for the scheme (better blocking, ie) start to come together and improve.. ty needs to be on the field all the time, i really liked his playing time yesterday and glad pep realized that.  DHB should just stick to the short routes where he gets separation and can make those body catches he does since hes not reliable... i feel bad, like andrew really gives him chances to just make a big play and never finishes his end.  i really do wanna see brazill in there more, i know for a fact his hands are better.

I wouldn't complain if we did go with someone else other than DHB.  I'd be cool with Rogers or Brazil, I'd be willing to bet they'd get better separation than DHB and they'd drop less passes. Pure speculation/frustration on my behalf right now, but you'd think at this point in the season DHB would have even one TD.  

It all starts with Chuck and the conservative mindset that trickles down to a suspect college oc that is under utilizing his talent to run the Stanford offense in the nfl.

Well said!  Hit the nail on the head.

Pep is not a good fit for this group of players on offense.

Avery was more of a play maker than DHB. I don't care how many balls they both drop. At least Avery had some big plays and game winning TD's last season. Avery is having a solid season this year in KC also.

I do like the size and speed DHB brings to the team but he's like having a Lamborghini parked in the driveway but you can't drive it around town!

To be fair to DHB we are not using the guy properly.  The guy needs to be in a more vertical offense that uses his speed.  We are not a vertical offense at all so his best asset is wasted here.  I think we would have seen him perform better if Bruce was here.

They are not going to bench DHB because his second best ability is his run blocking and we love to run the ball here and are a smash mouth offense.  

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/players/player/splits/2013/564881

I am going to have to have to disagree, 5 games with less than 3 catches is a statistic that speaks for itself.  I am expecting DHB to perform no matter who is coaching, serious lack of production is a clear sign there is an issue.  You can't tell me in a couple of games DHB's performance is typical of a 2nd option for us as a receiver and we're expecting from that slot.

In our running set I don't think DHB's even on the field, when he is on the field he's pretty much a ghost.  At this point we've got to look at other options, this guy is simply not performing is all I am saying.  I was VERY high on him to start the season, I'm not alone in saying he has been pretty disappointing this year so far.  I hope that changes SOON, this week would be nice.