Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts on the game from a Chargers fan

Anonymous

Hey guys, great game! I never thought we would pull this one out especially in such a close game cause usually we choke in these scenarios.

Great game, I was at the game and I must say, you guys have some very classy fans. Met quite a few tonight, very great experience with them.

Greg Manusky still sucks. You guys have too much talent on your defense to play like this. Manusky used to be our DC but we fired him as soon as we could cause of how awful he is. Colts defense looked like the 2011 Chargers defense.

A team with Mathis, Beatheu, Davis etc should not have played like that. Its Manusky and his vanilla play calls.

The Colts defense may have kept us to 19 pts but their defense couldn't get off the field so the Colts offense barely had any opportunties compared to the Chargers.

Our defense very surprisngly did a great job tonight. Our DEs aren't scrubs, Liuget and Reyes are two of the most young, talented DEs in the NFL. Read this article if you wish

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000223509/article/making-the-leap-san-diego-chargers-defensive-ends

Difference was our secondary. Our usually garbage secondary did a pretty good job today against a very good passing offense. Trent Richardson wouldn't have much of an impact in this game, I said this before the game also.

Watching the Colts sideline, I must say that Luck is a great leader and a very intelligent player. His sportsmanship and mobility is also off the charts. You guys are very lucky (no pun intended) to have him. Appreciate it.

You guys are still a incredibly good football team. I truly mean that. Losing on the road on MNF isn't such a bad thing. I will be rooting for yall to beat Denver and I will be rooting for yall to win in the playoffs. I think you guys can beat Denver next week despite all the media *s gonna be saying that Denver will steamroll you guys because Indy lost to SD.

Denver has the WORST secondary in the league! If the Colts can just block Von Miller and keep him off Luck's back, then expect Luck to have an amazing day on that Broncos defense.

Good luck next week and good game for tonight!

Hey guys, great game! I never thought we would pull this one out especially in such a close game cause usually we choke in these scenarios.

Great game, I was at the game and I must say, you guys have some very classy fans. Met quite a few tonight, very great experience with them.

Greg Manusky still sucks. You guys have too much talent on your defense to play like this. Manusky used to be our DC but we fired him as soon as we could cause of how awful he is. Colts defense looked like the 2011 Chargers defense.

A team with Mathis, Beatheu, Davis etc should not have played like that. Its Manusky and his vanilla play calls.

The Colts defense may have kept us to 19 pts but their defense couldn't get off the field so the Colts offense barely had any opportunties compared to the Chargers.

Our defense very surprisngly did a great job tonight. Our DEs aren't scrubs, Liuget and Reyes are two of the most young, talented DEs in the NFL. Read this article if you wish

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000223509/article/making-the-leap-san-diego-chargers-defensive-ends

Difference was our secondary. Our usually garbage secondary did a pretty good job today against a very good passing offense. Trent Richardson wouldn't have much of an impact in this game, I said this before the game also.

Watching the Colts sideline, I must say that Luck is a great leader and a very intelligent player. His sportsmanship and mobility is also off the charts. You guys are very lucky (no pun intended) to have him. Appreciate it.

You guys are still a incredibly good football team. I truly mean that. Losing on the road on MNF isn't such a bad thing. I will be rooting for yall to beat Denver and I will be rooting for yall to win in the playoffs. I think you guys can beat Denver next week despite all the media . gonna be saying that Denver will steamroll you guys because Indy lost to SD.

Denver has the WORST secondary in the league! If the Colts can just block Von Miller and keep him off Luck's back, then expect Luck to have an amazing day on that Broncos defense.

our passing offense is terrible this year. Run, run, run is how we go now.

You guys are still a incredibly good football team. I truly mean that. Losing on the road on MNF isn't such a bad thing. I will be rooting for yall to beat Denver and I will be rooting for yall to win in the playoffs. I think you guys can beat Denver next week despite all the media . gonna be saying that Denver will steamroll you guys because Indy lost to SD.

I agree with everything you said except good game we shoot ourselves in the foot lol

Awful game. And TBH you should have been ahead of BY A LOT more then you were the whole game with the way we played. And the refs seemed to be flag happy in key moments too....or not flag happy enough when a few of our guys were being choked on defense.

Overall good win for SD and it keeps their season interesting but you already know you won't win the division. Peyton has top dibs and many are falling for the Chiefs underdog rise from the ashes story.

Awful game. And TBH you should have been ahead of BY A LOT more then you were the whole game with the way we played. And the refs seemed to be flag happy in key moments too....or not flag happy enough when a few of our guys were being choked on defense.

Overall good win for SD and it keeps their season interesting but you already know you won't win the division. Peyton has top dibs and many are falling for the Chiefs underdog rise from the ashes story.

I don't think KC is better than SD to be honest. The 5 teams they have beat has a combined 10 wins. They aren't that impressive if you ask me.

And yea we should have been up by more. Even Rivers said after the game that he missed a lot of throws he usually would make. The fact that we won despite PR not having the greatest day make it more special for the Bolts.

Plus there is TWO wild card teams, remember? So even if KC gets in, we still have a chance. I'm not saying we'll make playoffs though, I still don't believe in the Chargers until they put together a string of wins, not show up one week and then lay an egg the week after.

5 mistakes added up to a HUGE points swing. 

2 key drops, 1 from Fleener and 1 from DHB.

3 times we had them off the field after they failed to convert on 3rd down and silly penalties extended their drives. 

DHB has been a serious disappointment. In his defense, I do not think this offense suits him. We aren't using him correctly. He's not a dynamic, inside receiver. He's a 1 trick pony.....go deep or forget him. He gets open deep and Luck maybe overthrows him by 2 or 3 inches. DHB should've  had that......if it hits your hands, you need to catch it. 

offense suck not hard too see ,  defense had us in the game tell 3.30 in the 4th period offense suck not hard too see ,  defense had us in the game tell 3.30 in the 4th period   this game any team could of beat the colts . jax beat colts . chargers free win.

Yea.. only a Charger fan could say that was a great game . One team played perfect football , the other played like a band of butterfingered misfits that was led by the three stooges. Plus the officiating as you say just killed us. Not saying it was horrible , but the calls against Tolar ( that one was hideous ) and Thornton really didnt have to be called were two that killed us.

ZZZZZZZZ... great game ?... good game ? How so ? A good game is when both teams play well and one wins a well deserved close game. I'm sure there is a football fan in the country that thought this was a good game. You team executed a bucnh of 25 play 3 point drives and our team committed a bunch of stupid penalties , dropped a pass on about every drive and then punted a chance to tie a game we should have never been in to begin with. If I were not a monster Colt fan , that game would have had me sound asleep before the 3rd quarter ended. Your team executed great and we were a joke. 

Give credit where it's due. The Chargers played efficient enough to put drives and points on the board. We didn't play well in most phases of the game - questionable coaching, drops, linebacker / safety / Toler / Pass Rush.

On the bright side -TR however I thought showed us flashes of what he can do tonight.

Just got back from the game & chargers fans are now officially the worst fan base in sports in my book... Seats were empty well into the first quarter, dude in front of me kept throwing beer on a younger kid in a Luck jersey, a friend of mine at the game got elbowed, beer thrown on him, & almost got jumped by 4 charger fans....

Pathetic, stay classy San Diego, sadly beating the Colts will be the highlight of the Chargers season as they will finish third in the AFC West & won't sniff the playoffs...

Expect that sort of non-sense in Oakland, but really worst live sports experience ever...

Just got back from the game & chargers fans are now officially the worst fan base in sports in my book... Seats were empty well into the first quarter, dude in front of me kept throwing beer on a younger kid in a Luck jersey, a friend of mine at the game got elbowed, beer thrown on him, & almost got jumped by 4 charger fans....

Pathetic, stay classy San Diego, sadly beating the Colts will be the highlight of the Chargers season as they will finish third in the AFC West & won't sniff the playoffs...

Expect that sort of non-sense in Oakland, but really worst live sports experience ever...

Please don't generalize a couple of fans into the whole fan base. I'm sure Colts have * fans too. And the Chargers can still "sniff" playoffs by being 3rd in the AFC West, its called "wild card" and there are two teams for wild card. Just gotta beat out Baltimore, Miami, Tenn and Cleveland. That's if KC doesn't burn and crash after teams figure them out.

ZZZZZZZZ... great game ?... good game ? How so ? A good game is when both teams play well and one wins a well deserved close game. I'm sure there is a football fan in the country that thought this was a good game. You team executed a bucnh of 25 play 3 point drives and our team committed a bunch of stupid penalties , dropped a pass on about every drive and then punted a chance to tie a game we should have never been in to begin with. If I were not a monster Colt fan , that game would have had me sound asleep before the 3rd quarter ended. Your team executed great and we were a joke. 

I wouldn't say we excecuted great. Both teams made a tons of mistakes, Colts ones were probably more crucial. Chargers left pts on the board by scoring FG after FG in the redzone instead of coming out with TDs.

Every fan base has a sour bunch. Don't blame an entire city for the actions of a few.

Glad our fans made a good impression on you.  We have some sourpuss', but we lost and we're not to happy about it, but glad to see our fans didn't act like a bunch of nincompoops over it. 

Now the game, we played awful and gave you guys a lot of help.  And that's not to take away any credit from you guys, your coaches drew up a good plan and executed it to a "T".  You got us in a funk that quite frankly, we never got out of.  You made the plays and we didn't.  Again, gotta give credit to you guys for that.  I have hated the chargers for the past forever (no shot to the fans or anything).  I had hoped that our struggles against them in the Manning era would have died with his departure and that with Luck under center we'd have new life.  But apparently, the Chargers are still our kryptonite.  More dropped passes that I couldn't keep track, defense looked played like it did 5 years ago, poor blocking.  The ONLY bright side to this game was Luck, but he can't do ti by himself.  Sigh...  Anyway, good game, you guys beat us in every facet of the game and we deserved to lose. 

Please don't generalize a couple of fans into the whole fan base. I'm sure Colts have * fans too. And the Chargers can still "sniff" playoffs by being 3rd in the AFC West, its called "wild card" and there are two teams for wild card. Just gotta beat out Baltimore, Miami, Tenn and Cleveland. That's if KC doesn't burn and crash after teams figure them out.

It wasn't just a few fans, it was ridiculous, the bartender even commented on how bad Charger fans were after they kicked four fans out for trying to start a fight, saying she hated working the night of games because fans are always starting fights...

Every fan base has a sour bunch. Don't blame an entire city for the actions of a few.

San Diego is fine, but Chargers fans will be lucky to have a team if they can't even sell out a Monday night game, & ESPN has to bail them out...

Please don't generalize a couple of fans into the whole fan base. I'm sure Colts have * fans too. And the Chargers can still "sniff" playoffs by being 3rd in the AFC West, its called "wild card" and there are two teams for wild card. .

I understand that there are two wildcard teams, the Chargers however seem to forget that & have since 2009....

our passing offense is terrible this year. Run, run, run is how we go now.

It is not terrible. A bad passing offense is when the offense puts up little yards AND a low completion percentage. Other than last night our pass offense is very efficient. Pass yards alone doesn't tell the whole story.

Do these stadiums have security, I mean if it was LOS Colts fans would get kicked for such behavior. Throwing beer on a kid is outrageous and assault.

someone's a sore loser, just a bit...

Yes, our win vs 9ers was Bradshaw clutch running, vs Oakland Luck scrambled into the end zone. This year Luck isn't looking to throw as much and he's only gaining efficiency out of it.

So then what about Seattle vs the best secondary in the NFL?

I guess those 2 Ty Hilton touchdowns were hand offs outta the backfield?

Glad our fans made a good impression on you.  We have some sourpuss', but we lost and we're not to happy about it, but glad to see our fans didn't act like a bunch of nincompoops over it. 

Now the game, we played awful and gave you guys a lot of help.  And that's not to take away any credit from you guys, your coaches drew up a good plan and executed it to a "T".  You got us in a funk that quite frankly, we never got out of.  You made the plays and we didn't.  Again, gotta give credit to you guys for that.  I have hated the chargers for the past forever (no shot to the fans or anything).  I had hoped that our struggles against them in the Manning era would have died with his departure and that with Luck under center we'd have new life.  But apparently, the Chargers are still our kryptonite.  More dropped passes that I couldn't keep track, defense looked played like it did 5 years ago, poor blocking.  The ONLY bright side to this game was Luck, but he can't do ti by himself.  Sigh...  Anyway, good game, you guys beat us in every facet of the game and we deserved to lose. 

Trich had a spark of the bright side you are talking about. He played better in this game than any with the Colts so far.

Yes, our win vs 9ers was Bradshaw clutch running, vs Oakland Luck scrambled into the end zone. This year Luck isn't looking to throw as much and he's only gaining efficiency out of it.

So let me get this straight, if our passing game doesn't score the winning TD, our offense isn't helping the team win????

Eh, don't whine too much guys, the Chargers won the game, while our guys could have done better, they didn't and the Chargers did their part. I'm impressed with their ability to be competitive and when it comes down to seeding, the Colts might need some help from a team that can actually beat some of the AFC flack. If I'm a Charger fan it's easy to say good game, and it was for them. If anything it was kinda boring/weird for me as a Colt fan.