Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade Luck for Sanchez so HE can hand the ball off...

bluephantom87

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um...what?  How is that a reply to what I said in the post you quoted?

Sorry, let me explain it for you.

You said something about throwing to open receivers, which is not working when the receivers are at or behind the line of scrimmage, so my post was saying that we should go to something that works, not something they think will work, like these 2-3 yard passes.

Sorry, let me explain it for you.

You said something about throwing to open receivers, which is not working when the receivers are at or behind the line of scrimmage, so my post was saying that we should go to something that works, not something they think will work, like these 2-3 yard passes.

Ok, now let me explain it to you.  

The majority of plays have receivers at various levels of the defense.  Short, intermediate, deep and checkdown.  Not every play of course but most.  If Luck is throwing the 2-3 yard passes then I think it would pretty much explain itself that the deeper routes are covered or Luck doesn't have enough time in the pocket for a deeper route to get open.  

Do you really think that Pep's gameplan is to throw 2-3 yard passes all day long?  Do you think he tells Luck to throw the short passes and ignore the intermediate and deep routes?  

T

Pep and the conservative Chuck are buying too much into this ground and pound. The Colts came out after the opening fg like they had a 20pt lead and were trying to ice the game. This is not Stanford and this forced run game is hit or miss. Our passing game is starting to suffer with drops etc. and looks out of sync. Bad call to bring Pep in as oc and I'm sticking with that until he can prove he's able to attack a team's weakness on a weekly basis instead of the ground and pound approach no matter what. This offense lacks imagination and is starting to make Luck look like Kyle Orton. Where's the no huddle? If Sean Payton had this offense it would be a nightmare! Oh well the Pep experiment continues... :facepalm:

I'm not 100% happy with Pep either but this loss wasn't on him, we had open receivers that dropped too many balls, especially on 3rd down. Plus most of the team seemed to want a nap after the first few series.

Like the commentator said " Colts look like team that just flew from Indianapolis all the way to The west coast..."

Ok, now let me explain it to you.  

The majority of plays have receivers at various levels of the defense.  Short, intermediate, deep and checkdown.  Not every play of course but most.  If Luck is throwing the 2-3 yard passes then I think it would pretty much explain itself that the deeper routes are covered or Luck doesn't have enough time in the pocket for a deeper route to get open.  

Do you really think that Pep's gameplan is to throw 2-3 yard passes all day long?  Do you think he tells Luck to throw the short passes and ignore the intermediate and deep routes?  

It would seem that way

How about DHB and Fleener hang on to TDs when Lucks throws to them, Hilton and Reggie don't drop big third down passes and Richardson doesn't drop a really nicely set up screen pass?

Honestly if those five guys catch those passes last night we aren't complaining about the lack of throwing.  The Colts didn't execute. 

How about DHB and Fleener hang on to TDs when Lucks throws to them, Hilton and Reggie don't drop big third down passes and Richardson doesn't drop a really nicely set up screen pass?

Honestly if those five guys catch those passes last night we aren't complaining about the lack of throwing.  The Colts didn't execute. 

To be honest I don't think anyone is complaining about the lack of throwing, and for the record I'd still be here, complaining even if we won, because the play calling is bad.

To be honest I don't think anyone is complaining about the lack of throwing, and for the record I'd still be here, complaining even if we won, because the play calling is bad.

Guess what those five guys catch those passes and I really doubt people are as upset with the play calling either. 

I am not saying it was the best game plan I've seen in the world last night because it wasn't but let's be real about this the Colts players didn't execute it as well as they can or as well as they normally do either. 

Guess what those five guys catch those passes and I really doubt people are as upset with the play calling either. 

I am not saying it was the best game plan I've seen in the world last night because it wasn't but let's be real about this the Colts players didn't execute it as well as they can or as well as they normally do either. 

Oh there is no doubt, they didn't execute here, and they didn't execute @ home vs Miami, but you know what, the rookie WR's for the patriots drop the ball all the time, and way more than we ever thought of dropping it, but yet they can skirt by those drops because of how the offense is run, if you give Brady 3 throws to get 10 yards, and even if there is a drop he is still going to get it most of the time. Luck did the EXACT same thing last year, we had 3 throws to get the 1st down, got in a really good rhythm and then won. I'm not saying we should revert to the Arians suicide offense, but I do think that we need to use that arm of Luck a lot earlier than the final 6 min of the 4th quarter if we want to start winning games by double digits and cut this come from behind junk out.

Oh there is no doubt, they didn't execute here, and they didn't execute @ home vs Miami, but you know what, the rookie WR's for the patriots drop the ball all the time, and way more than we ever thought of dropping it, but yet they can skirt by those drops because of how the offense is run, if you give Brady 3 throws to get 10 yards, and even if there is a drop he is still going to get it most of the time. Luck did the EXACT same thing last year, we had 3 throws to get the 1st down, got in a really good rhythm and then won. I'm not saying we should revert to the Arians suicide offense, but I do think that we need to use that arm of Luck a lot earlier than the final 6 min of the 4th quarter if we want to start winning games by double digits and cut this come from behind junk out.

and last year people complained about Arians game plan and a lot of people wanted him to leave.  There is one common theme, if the Colts lose people aren't happy. 

Pep didn't call the best game last night, I would really like to know why on earth the roll to the left on third on two was even called but even with some questionable play calls I think the mistakes on the field made the play calling look worse than it really was.  I mean Fleener dropped a TD for sure, DHB at least has a big play that maybe jump starts the offense if he doesn't score, then on the next play Hilton ends the drive with a drop and Reggie ended what looked like a very good drive for the Colts to start the second half with for them with a drive and then Richardson had a drop on a screen.  If those guys catch those passes the play calling looks a lot better and the Colts probably get at least one if not two more TDs and then all of sudden they are up at worst 23-19 rather than being down 19-9. 

Pep and the conservative Chuck are buying too much into this ground and pound. The Colts came out after the opening fg like they had a 20pt lead and were trying to ice the game. This is not Stanford and this forced run game is hit or miss. Our passing game is starting to suffer with drops etc. and looks out of sync. Bad call to bring Pep in as oc and I'm sticking with that until he can prove he's able to attack a team's weakness on a weekly basis instead of the ground and pound approach no matter what. This offense lacks imagination and is starting to make Luck look like Kyle Orton. Where's the no huddle? If Sean Payton had this offense it would be a nightmare! Oh well the Pep experiment continues... :facepalm:  

I only hope that it is a Pep 'experiment' and not a long term thing.

God help us if this clown is O.C. for a lot of years.

Why don't you tell us what excuse you have for the 6 to 7 dropped passes we had yesterday?  Is that Peps fault too?

I'd like to know why I'm not hearing about our defense that found themselves unable to get off the field once again.  Is that peps fault too?  I'd almost be willing to bet we had less snaps in this game than we even had in the Raiders game.

Not lucks fault at all Defense still sucks they still cant help luck out and like you said still too conservative they just lost to a team that flat out stinkThis Dstar

D starting to look like the Manning days some things never change Pagano scares me sometimes he looks lost

and last year people complained about Arians game plan and a lot of people wanted him to leave.  There is one common theme, if the Colts lose people aren't happy. 

Pep didn't call the best game last night, I would really like to know why on earth the roll to the left on third on two was even called but even with some questionable play calls I think the mistakes on the field made the play calling look worse than it really was.  I mean Fleener dropped a TD for sure, DHB at least has a big play that maybe jump starts the offense if he doesn't score, then on the next play Hilton ends the drive with a drop and Reggie ended what looked like a very good drive for the Colts to start the second half with for them with a drive and then Richardson had a drop on a screen.  If those guys catch those passes the play calling looks a lot better and the Colts probably get at least one if not two more TDs and then all of sudden they are up at worst 23-19 rather than being down 19-9. 

Ok I take issue with one thing, there is no way Fleener's drop was a "sure Td".  Which "radio expert" did you hear that from?  Fleener was at the 25 yard line and was at a dead stop to try to catch the ball.  The Chargers' D was in prevent and there were 4 defenders in the area, 3 of which would have had a shot at him with only one blocker at that end of the field, DHB who was on the wrong side of the defender to even try to make a block.  He may have been able to break a few tackles but there's no way that was a "for sure" TD.  

I only hope that it is a Pep 'experiment' and not a long term thing.

God help us if this clown is O.C. for a lot of years.

It doesn't really matter if Pep is here short term or long term, the type of offense he's trying to build is the type of offense that Irsay, Grigson and Pagano want, so even if they bring in a different OC it will still be someone trying to build the same type of offense.  

This thread is embarrassing to people that know football.

The armchair coaching in this thread runs strong.

haha

The guy who actually said "Wayne isn't THAT hard to stop," made me giggle. He must not be THAT easy to stop seeming he's 8th all time in catches.

Good thread for a laughs, some people seem to behold much knowledge of football due to playing a bit too much Madden.

It's not our game plan. It's that we had multiple penalties giving the Charger's 1st downs, it's that we got manhandled in the running game on both sides of the ball, it's that we had 5(?) crucial dropped passes last night. I wouldn't put this one on the coaches, the TEAM just didn't execute.

It doesn't really matter if Pep is here short term or long term, the type of offense he's trying to build is the type of offense that Irsay, Grigson and Pagano want, so even if they bring in a different OC it will still be someone trying to build the same type of offense.  

I feel sorry for Luck then...he will be under-utilized for his career.

I feel sorry for Luck then...he will be under-utilized for his career.

I could care less if Luck gets "under-utilized" so long as they continue building a TEAM that can win championships.  

Some people want Luck to be great.  Others want the Colts to be great.  

Why Is your only contribution to this forum every week always Pep sucks?

Because Pep does suck...he doesn't recognize the strengths of his players and call the plays that put his players in their best position to succeed...he just doggedly sticks to the Pep 'system'......boring unimaginitive little man.

haha

The guy who actually said "Wayne isn't THAT hard to stop," made me giggle. He must not be THAT easy to stop seeming he's 8th all time in catches.

Good thread for a laughs, some people seem to behold much knowledge of football due to playing a bit too much Madden.

I hear Pep is getting the coveted 100 conservative rating this year.

It's nice that others can see this and not blindly accept what is going on!!! It's almost like the Colts are paying people to go on this forum and stand up for Pagano and Pep..I don't understand how you can watch what we are doing and not see how we are mismanaging this offense and it's talent in the most inefficient way possible...Great posts keep up the good work !

It's nice that others can see this and not blindly accept what is going on!!! It's almost like the Colts are paying people to go on this forum and stand up for Pagano and Pep..I don't understand how you can watch what we are doing and not see how we are mismanaging this offense and it's talent in the most inefficient way possible...Great posts keep up the good work !

What you call blind acceptance is likely more realistically patience by people who understand we're only 6 games into the installation of this new offense.  If you thought that the Colts offense was going to be a powerhouse from day one of the installation of a new offense then that's on you. ;)

What you call blind acceptance is likely more realistically patience by people who understand we're only 6 games into the installation of this new offense.  If you thought that the Colts offense was going to be a powerhouse from day one of the installation of a new offense then that's on you. ;)

Not to mention we are also 13th in yards per play, 13th in 1st downs per game, 15th in total yards a game, our run defense has been bad(2nd worst in the league) and kick return unit is not good

haha

I have re-watched Colts games and counted Wayne's catches from the slot (against # 3 CB) and from the outside (against # 1 & 2 CB). For example, in San Diego game Wayne has had only one catch from the outside: deep cross on a flea flicker with the blown coverage. Other catches were from the slot. I guess, it's a sign of Wayne's inability to beat # 1 & 2 CB's.

I can't stand the force feeding of the run game. At some point you have to realize your strategy isn't working and you need to make some adjustments on the fly. That is just a part of the game. See what is working, see what isn't and finding out what will work based on what the defense is showing you.

Monday was the definition of insanity. Continuing to take the same approach and expecting a different result.

Not to mention we are also 13th in yards per play, 13th in 1st downs per game, 15th in total yards a game, our run defense has been bad(2nd worst in the league) and kick return unit is not good

So with the weapons we have middle of the pack offense is good???

No more grounder and flounder its chuck with Luck time!

This is the Colts forum for sure. Doesn't matter who we play or what happens but if we lose...95% of the time on this board it was Polians, Dungy, Caldwell, Arian's, or Peps fault. Couple times I believe it was Painter's fault but that quickly changed back to Polian....its never about execution...only about who to shift blame to when we have 53 men we could be spreading it around to. If we execute we usually win. When we don't...its the gameplan....same/similar philosophy and plan that helped us win all our other games...including IMPRESSIVE wins over SF and Sea.