Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What they're now saying about A. Luck

dw49

Watch Peyton Manning tape his FIRST 3 games in the NFL.

Then watch his last few his SECOND year in the NFL.

It was ASTONISHING. 

I was Manning is a "total bust" member. 

but he did SOMETHING to make his arm stronger.....  ???

Oh..  and he has done it AGAIN.

Good for PM.

How he went from the arm he had at Purdue to the arm he has now. I have never seen anyone increase their arm strength that much...especially after having two shoulder surgeries.
I don't know how you figure Brees is far smarter than Rodgers, but to each their own.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TeamLoloJones

ESPN builds it.... 

They destroy it..   

Hype is so very dangerous in "today's" world... 

They couldn't market Luck like they could market RG3...and everyone fell for it.  Now with Luck proving it over and over and over that he was the one that deserved all the hype and not RG3 they have basically jumped ship.  Notice how there has been almost zero RG3 coverage since the Colts beat the 49ers?  And now with MNF coming up on ESPN with the Colts the hype machine is back in full effect. Running Luck's first MNF games commercials every single commercial break.  It's annoying as ever, but at least now the hype is going to someone who actually deserves it.  I love RG3 and I root for him, but for anyone to not see what happened with the media-fest is just ignorant.  I live and breath College Football, and I was surprised when  RG3 was being hyped up to the 2nd pick.  I didn't think he was even a top 3 pick.   I said Russell Wilson should have been the 2nd pick in the draft.  I told my Vikings fans friends to hope they draft him with their 3rd overall pick.  I was laughed at mercilessly when he went in the third round.  Well, let's just say I got the last laugh on that one.

Me and those voting on the heisman seemed to be on the same side...and they are the only ones that matter. If Luck wanted to win it based on his schedule....should have beat Oregan.....and could have proven it even more by beating OSU. He didn't....and his stats aren't even close to RGIII. Heisman can grow into a popularity contest it is true...but RGIII for that year was the most outstanding player in college football. Just as he was the most outstanding rookie last year. This year....whew....Luck is the most impressive sophmore I think I've seen in years...much less this year...kudos to him and I'm loving it.

Griffin won because he was new on the scene and played in an offense where every QB puts up gigantic numbers. Luck would have hardly gotten an invite if his team had lost to KState and gotten blown out by A&M and OSU...like Baylor did.

And Stanford losing a bowl game to OSU, when the kicker missed a gimme last second FG I might add, was after the Heisman was awarded, so it had no bearing on who won.

Having said all that, I had no problem with Griffin winning it, he prob deserved it as much as anybody else.

How he went from the arm he had at Purdue to the arm he has now. I have never seen anyone increase their arm strength that much...especially after having two shoulder surgeries.

I don't know how you figure Brees is far smarter than Rodgers, but to each their own.

I think the combination of Sean Payton and Bree's is smarter than Rodgers and his OC. They seem to dial up the right plays at crucial times while Rodgers relies on his very accurate arm.,,IMO....

Watch Peyton Manning tape his FIRST 3 games in the NFL.

Then watch his last few his SECOND year in the NFL.

It was ASTONISHING. 

I was Manning is a "total bust" member. 

but he did SOMETHING to make his arm stronger.....  ???

Oh..  and he has done it AGAIN.

Good for PM.

I have seen almost every manning game....it wasn't anything like the improvement Brees has shown.

Even Polian said Tom Moore gave both Manning and Ryan Leaf an arm strength test...and it wasn't even close, Manning had a stronger arm.

It started in college... with RG3's  "HUGE SMILE" ...    

He was sexy...      Luck is not, he is  workmanlikeandaWINNER.  I won't go on and on about it ..  it is OBVIOUS.

They couldn't market Luck like they could market RG3...and they all fell for it.  Now with Luck proving it over and over and over that he was the one that deserved all the hype and not RG3 they have basically jumped ship.  Notice how there has been almost zero RG3 coverage since the Colts beat the 49ers?  And now with MNF coming up on ESPN with the Colts the hype machine is back in full effect. Running Luck's first MNF games commercials every single commercial break.  It's annoying as ever, but at least now the hype is going to someone who actually deserves it.

That is total nonsense..  provide a link please...  

LEAF was SUPERMAN going into that draft.      

Sigh..

I have seen almost every manning game....it wasn't anything like the improvement Brees has shown.
Even Polian said Tom Moore gave both Manning and Ryan Leaf an arm strength test...and it wasn't even close, Manning had a stronger arm.

I think the combination of Sean Payton and Bree's is smarter than Rodgers and his OC. They seem to dial up the right plays at crucial times while Rodgers relies on his very accurate arm.,,IMO....

They seem to have had about the same amount of success. And I'm not sure Payton is all that smart....he could have easily avoided all that crap that happened last year.....*

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 12, 2013 - inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, October 12, 2013 - inflammatory

That is total *.. provide a link please...

LEAF was SUPERMAN going into that draft.

Sigh..

Oh yes, I'm lying just to win against the famous john dee

Stick your sigh up your skip bayless.

And Polian wrote it in a column for a espn insiders column.

And if you simply google "manning vs leaf arm strength test" Polian refers to it in a usatoday interview.

Oh yes, I'm lying just to win against the famous john dee

Stick your sigh up your skip bayless.

And Polian wrote it in a column for a espn insiders column.

And if you simply google "manning vs leaf arm strength test" Polian refers to it in a usatoday interview.

You are correct , Polian said Manning had the stronger arm . The problem is that Polian has said so many off the wall remarks ... who knows what to believe.

I see it in Rodgers. I could be biased against Brees after watching him at Purdue with a below average arm...which has always made me suspicious.

Your view on Brees is interesting....    I"m not sure Brees has a gun in college either.   Not a weak arm, but not a rocket launcher, either.

But, for that matter,  I'm confident that Rodgers didn't when he was at Cal.

What I suspect happened is that both gained arm strength after turning pro.   And the same maybe true of Luck.    Not sure it happens for every quarterback....   but perhaps for some.     And those maybe the best examples....

They couldn't market Luck like they could market RG3...and everyone fell for it. Now with Luck proving it over and over and over that he was the one that deserved all the hype and not RG3 they have basically jumped ship. Notice how there has been almost zero RG3 coverage since the Colts beat the 49ers? And now with MNF coming up on ESPN with the Colts the hype machine is back in full effect. Running Luck's first MNF games commercials every single commercial break. It's annoying as ever, but at least now the hype is going to someone who actually deserves it. I love RG3 and I root for him, but for anyone to not see what happened with the media-fest is just ignorant. I live and breath College Football, and I was surprised when RG3 was being hyped up to the 2nd pick. I didn't think he was even a top 3 pick. I said Russell Wilson should have been the 2nd pick in the draft. I told my Vikings fans friends to hope they draft him with their 3rd overall pick. I was laughed at mercilessly when he went in the third round. Well, let's just say I got the last laugh on that one.

The 'Skins were on a bye this past week and Griffin has said that he purposefully avoided interviews.

So now, bye week over = Grffin all in your face, 24/7.

How can anyone say Lucks arm strength is not elite. Do anyone of you have proof that you have seen him throw the ball as hard as he can?

It sounds silly (cuz it would never happen), but if I had to take a football in the gut at 30' from a QB who was mad and throwing it as hard as he could, Luck would be my last choice. :pass:

.http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/story/2012-03-07/Peyton-Manning-Colts-Ryan-Leaf/53400044/1

"We looked at each other and kind of raised our eyebrows," Polian said. "There was a marked difference in the velocity and spin rate of Ryan's ball versus Peyton's. "We sort of shrugged our shoulders and said, 'Well, there's another wives' tale gone by the boards.' 

You seriously have no idea what you are talking about if you think RG3 should have won the Heisman by a large margin.  He lost more games than Luck and played a cupcake schedule, against the worst defenses in the country.  And yes Luck did deserve rookie of the year, because he was entire team last year.  It's completely *ic to think otherwise.  You either have no clue what you are talking about, or you are just trying to be "that guy"  Get over yourself...

I think you need to go and research who Stanford played and their defensive rankings that year. 8 of the first 9 defenses Luck played against were against teams who were ranked in the 100's in scoring defense. The Pac-12 has been and always will be a cupcake conference. Sure, Luck exploited it for the most part but its not like he was racking up numbers against top-tier talent either. I believe Griffin faced 5 or 6 teams with defenses that ranked in the 100's in scoring, so neither really had it that hard. To say that Griffin had a cupcake schedule without acknowledging Luck had one too is pretty homerish.

They couldn't market Luck like they could market RG3...and everyone fell for it.  Now with Luck proving it over and over and over that he was the one that deserved all the hype and not RG3 they have basically jumped ship.  Notice how there has been almost zero RG3 coverage since the Colts beat the 49ers?  And now with MNF coming up on ESPN with the Colts the hype machine is back in full effect. Running Luck's first MNF games commercials every single commercial break.  It's annoying as ever, but at least now the hype is going to someone who actually deserves it.  I love RG3 and I root for him, but for anyone to not see what happened with the media-fest is just ignorant.  I live and breath College Football, and I was surprised when  RG3 was being hyped up to the 2nd pick.  I didn't think he was even a top 3 pick.   I said Russell Wilson should have been the 2nd pick in the draft.  I told my Vikings fans friends to hope they draft him with their 3rd overall pick.  I was laughed at mercilessly when he went in the third round.  Well, let's just say I got the last laugh on that one.

Luck is still not marketable beyond what he does all the field. That will never change.

RG completely deserved the hype given his accomplishments last year. And you do realize the the Skins were on the bye last week which is why it was quieter? Expect a full barage this weekend when the Skins take the field given that a win gives them a share for first. They are still the team everyone expects to win the NFC East.

I think the Luck hype machine will hit full throttle IF he beats Manning. That is the game everyone is gearing up for.

Guest TeamLoloJones

How can anyone say Lucks arm strength is not elite. Do anyone of you have proof that you have seen him throw the ball as hard as he can?

It sounds silly (cuz it would never happen), but if I had to take a football in the gut at 30' from a QB who was mad and throwing it as hard as he could, Luck would be my last choice. :pass:

When I first thought about this, I was thinking Favre would be the last one I'd want throwing it at me.  But then I realized it would probably be intercepted before it hit me.

RGIII, for some odd reason, gets all the praise over a guy who is coming back game after game from deficit after deficit to lead the Colts to a 11-5 record.

I remember the rg3 vs luck war on this board. Many wanted to trade the pick and draft rg3. Some even wanted to trade the pick and try to give peyton a last hurrah. Hindsight now says we made the right decision. No way rg3 would have lasted behind this atrocious line. Also, seems like its all love for luck around here now.

Alot of the Colts Games are not televised where I live... so I havn't had the chance to see Andrew much, until this past weekend when we were at the Game.    

I was very impressed with what I saw,  and I think it would be hard for anyone to not be behind him and singing his praises.   I also want to add that we listened to his Post Game interview on the Radio on the Way home, and once again I was impressed with the things he had to say, and how humble he is.

He really is the Real Deal.

Arm strength is an overrated skill. Look at the "elite" arms in the league: Cutler, Stafford, Kap etc. All of them with deficiencies in other areas. Now look at Manning and Luck. Neither have what would be called an "elite" arm, but have very good skills in other faucets of being a QB. Can you honestly list any of the big gun QBs that you'd rather have than Manning or Luck? I certainly can't.

I would agree, the thing about arm strength to me is that you have to have a certain amount to play in the NFL.  But once you have that certain amount of arm strength, having more then that amount doesn't help you out all that much.  

Having elite arm strength will not help you out as having elite accuracy or elite football intelligence. 

If we beat San Diego and Denver and WAshington beats Dallas, the hype machine will be in full swing....although, I think our task is tougher than theirs.  NFC East looks like a group of guys in my neighborhood who play every Saturday on an empty lot.  They throw it a lot, drop it a lot and take a lot of breaks.

As but a fan, the way I look at it is that 12-15 yard out from the hash to the far side of the field total distance thrown is approximately 34 yards.  Then you look at most NFL QBs throw the ball between 50-60mph.  A 50 MPH ball will travel just over 24 yards in 1 sec, a 60 MPH ball will travel approximately 30 yards in 1 sec.  So on the above mentioned throw an elite QB will get the ball there in just over a second whereas a non elite arm QB will take approx. 1.3 seconds.  That is a big enough difference as to be notable watching the games on TV or in person.

Here is an interesting article on the "Speed of a football". http://www.livestrong.com/article/397904-maximum-speed-of-a-football/

As but a fan, the way I look at it is that 12-15 yard out from the hash to the far side of the field total distance thrown is approximately 34 yards.  Then you look at most NFL QBs throw the ball between 50-60mph.  A 50 MPH ball will travel just over 24 yards in 1 sec, a 60 MPH ball will travel approximately 30 yards in 1 sec.  So on the above mentioned throw an elite QB will get the ball there in just over a second whereas a non elite arm QB will take approx. 1.3 seconds.  That is a big enough difference as to be notable watching the games on TV or in person.

Here is an interesting article on the "Speed of a football". http://www.livestrong.com/article/397904-maximum-speed-of-a-football/

That's pretty interesting, but there is another side of that as well.  the human psychology of a man.  A QB that can throw that hard grows up believing he can "put that ball in there" anytime he wants and wherever he wants.  I don't know the stats, but the eye test says that the hard throwing QBs throw the most interceptions.

I get that. I just am not convinced that he is throwing it as hard as he could. Maybe he is so smart about the accuracy/percentage thing, that he has found the best speed for his throws.

That's pretty interesting, but there is another side of that as well.  the human psychology of a man.  A QB that can throw that hard grows up believing he can "put that ball in there" anytime he wants and wherever he wants.  I don't know the stats, but the eye test says that the hard throwing QBs throw the most interceptions.

That's an interest theory that would require more research before I completely buy off on it.  I am also of the belief that arm strength is down on the list of important QB traits, assuming they have the arm strength to make most NFL throws.

I think most QB's that aren't rock heads (Favre ?) learn what they can do and can't do. 

Nope your wrong, and so were the voters.  They only cared about the hype and what he did in the last month.  Luck was the best player in college. Period. He had the better rookie year.  He won 2 more games with out leaning on a running attack.  This has nothing to do with me being a Colts fan.  I have watched every game both of these QBS have ever played, college and pro.  I know what I'm talking about.  

Good luck with that. I understand the Heisman sometimes is a bit too political and is looking for a fresh face but Andrew got outplayed both years...plain and simple man...people on here think their favorite player should win every award every year. Andrew was the front runner going into the heisman because of a strong performance the year before....people expected him to really wow them....and he didn't...in fact he may have played about the same as the year before if not a little worse.

Statistics[edit]

Season Passing   Rushing   Receiving   Total Offense Comp Att Yds Pct TD Int Rating Att Yds Avg Lng TD Rec Yds Avg Yards 2009 162 288 2,575 56.3% 13 4 143.5 61 354 5.8 31 2 1 11 11.0 2,929 2010 263 372 3,338 70.7% 32 8 170.2 55 453 8.2 58 3 0 0 0 3,791 2011 288 404 3,517 71.3% 37 10 169.7 47 150 3.2 17 2 1 13 13.0 3,667

And then last year he had a league high 23 turnovers...but he did lead a ton of comebacks I can see why most voters went with RGIII...he just performed better.

Regular season[edit]

Season Team Games Passing Rushing Fumbles GP GS Wins Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost 2012 Indianapolis Colts 16 16 11 339 627 54.1 4,374 7.0 23 18 41 246 76.5 62 255 4.1 5 10 5

RGIII on the otherhand really had an outstanding senior year and rookie campaign....I just don't know how you could begrudge him his awards.

Statistics

Season Passing   Rushing   Receiving   Total Offense Comp Att Yds Pct TD Int Rating Att Yds Avg Lng TD Rec Yds Avg Yards 2011 291 402 4,293 72.4% 37 6 189.5 161 699 3.9 49 10 1 15 15 4,952 2010 304 454 3,501 67% 22 8 144.2 149 635 4.3 71 8 0 0 0 4,145

Year Passing Rushing Fumb. Year Team G Comp Att % Yds Y/G Y/A 300+ TD Int Rush Yds Y/G Avg TD 100+ Lost 2012 WAS 15 258 393 65.6 3200 213.3 8.1 3 20 5 119 826 55.1 6.9 7 1 2

Again...I'm not saying Luck hasn't had some really good seasons...just RGIII deserved what he won. This year the slipper is on the other foot and I'm loving what I'm seeing out of Luck. I just feel like too many people on here are drinking the haterade.

I get that. I just am not convinced that he is throwing it as hard as he could. Maybe he is so smart about the accuracy/percentage thing, that he has found the best speed for his throws.

I agree, I doubt he is throwing it as hard as he can... he'd burn out his arm if he did.  But I'd still say he doesn't have elite arm strength.

Good luck with that. I understand the Heisman sometimes is a bit too political and is looking for a fresh face but Andrew got outplayed both years...plain and simple man...people on here think their favorite player should win every award every year. Andrew was the front runner going into the heisman because of a strong performance the year before....people expected him to really wow them....and he didn't...in fact he may have played about the same as the year before if not a little worse.

Statistics[edit]

Season

Passing

Rushing

Receiving

Total Offense

Comp

Att

Yds

Pct

TD

Int

Rating

Att

Yds

Avg

Lng

TD

Rec

Yds

Avg

Yards

56.3%

70.7%

71.3%

And then last year he had a league high 23 turnovers...but he did lead a ton of comebacks I can see why most voters went with RGIII...he just performed better.

Regular season[edit]

Season

Team

Games

Passing

Rushing

Fumbles

GP

GS

Wins

Comp

Att

Pct

Yds

Avg

TD

Int

Sck

SckY

Rate

Att

Yds

Avg

TD

FUM

Lost

Indianapolis Colts

RGIII on the otherhand really had an outstanding senior year and rookie campaign....I just don't know how you could begrudge him his awards.

Statistics

Season

Passing

Rushing

Receiving

Total Offense

Comp

Att

Yds

Pct

TD

Int

Rating

Att

Yds

Avg

Lng

TD

Rec

Yds

Avg

Yards

72.4%

67%

Year

Passing

Rushing

Fumb.

Year

Team

G

Comp

Att

%

Yds

Y/G

Y/A

300+

TD

Int

Rush

Yds

Y/G

Avg

TD

100+

Lost

WAS

Again...I'm not saying Luck hasn't had some really good seasons...just RGIII deserved what he won. This year the slipper is on the other foot and I'm loving what I'm seeing out of Luck. I just feel like too many people on here are drinking the haterade.

Comparing stats in college football is kinda pointless.....I don't remember anyone pushing hard for case keenum

**oops

Comparing stats in college football is kinda pointless.....I don't remember anyone pushing hard for case keenum

**oops

Man you people are stubborn..Neither Luck, Griffen, or even Manziel played on top 5 football teams so what is your point? All played in major BCS conferences and had incredible numbers....two in particular captivated the country (for many many reasons) while another perhaps was ingnored because he he played on the west coast and didn't get much media attention or because kinda like Peyton he played very well but didn't stand out because he was a model of conistancy...not electricity. You could argue that someone like AJ Mecarrin or whoever should won it the last couple years and this year if we are just going by wins...I really don't get your arguement...if statistics weren't important they wouldn't be kept....what RGIII ment to his team that year and the numbers and way he played running and throwing was significant...to take a mediocre program and put them on the national stage beating Oklahoma and others....that was special. Luck was great!! He just didn't captivate people. He took a really good Stanford team (who would have been almost as good without him) and won games and played well....but it was like a repeat of last year...and we expected more. There is media part to winning that award....like it or not...it plays on the heisman voting community..and to promote their organization...Peyton didn't win...Charles Woodson's electric season won...it just happens...doesn't make the player any less great...just means someone had a better year...like Peytons year last year and what AP did winning the MVP. I don't know how else to put it...I guess we will just see it differently....but at least we agree that we are hyped to have Luck!

Guest TeamLoloJones

Sanchez had more turnovers...

People are so quick to forget that Luck lost his college head coach (the coach that recruited him) for his final year, and then lost his NFL head coach for most the season.  People don't understand how big of a deal that really is.  Your coach and your QB are the leaders of the team, and losing them did not hurt Luck one bit.  Shaw and Arians did a great Job, but the fact that Luck responded the way he did in that situation was amazing.  RG3 doesn't get a single Heisman vote if Art Briles left before his last season.  You cannot use stats to compare RG3 and Luck in college. YOU CAN"T DO IT.  Luck played on a run first, second, and third offense.  RG3 played on an up-tempo spread option offense.  Luck had zero downfield options on the outside.  RG3 had Kendall Wright and Terrance Williams.  If you actually watched every college game of these two qbs (like I did) you would have never voted for RG3. If you still feel obligated to vote for RG3 then you just bought into the hype like the voters did.  College qbs put up numbers like RG3 every single season and don't get any coverage what so ever.  The Big 12 conference is a joke compared to the Pac-12 these last few years and anyone that watches college football knows that. And Stanford is as good without Luck.  But look at Baylor. Best offense in the country.

Man you people are stubborn..Neither Luck, Griffen, or even Manziel played on top 5 football teams so what is your point? All played in major BCS conferences and had incredible numbers....two in particular captivated the country (for many many reasons) while another perhaps was ingnored because he he played on the west coast and didn't get much media attention or because kinda like Peyton he played very well but didn't stand out because he was a model of conistancy...not electricity. You could argue that someone like AJ Mecarrin or whoever should won it the last couple years and this year if we are just going by wins...I really don't get your arguement...if statistics weren't important they wouldn't be kept....what RGIII ment to his team that year and the numbers and way he played running and throwing was significant...to take a mediocre program and put them on the national stage beating Oklahoma and others....that was special. Luck was great!! He just didn't captivate people. He took a really good Stanford team (who would have been almost as good without him) and won games and played well....but it was like a repeat of last year...and we expected more. There is media part to winning that award....like it or not...it plays on the heisman voting community..and to promote their organization...Peyton didn't win...Charles Woodson's electric season won...it just happens...doesn't make the player any less great...just means someone had a better year...like Peytons year last year and what AP did winning the MVP. I don't know how else to put it...I guess we will just see it differently....but at least we agree that we are hyped to have Luck!

It was a very simple point that did not require a your rambling response. You put up a long post full of stats....and I responded with a simple statement...that was all.

What is the deal with people....RGIII is way way more polished and accomplished than Pryor....these comments are just really piling on imo. Apparently one should come back from reconstructive knee surgery in less than a year with no offseason work and no preseason games and just light up the NFL...this league is too good to just get by on athleticism and talent alone. You have to be prepared...dialed in...put the work in to be successful or you get ate up. RGIII didn't do that...couldn't do that and is paying for that...but to think he is behind someone like Pryor...wow...I can't believe you haven't watched RGIII and said WOW at some of his throws are you kidding me? Supes I'm with you most of the time but I think you just got caught up with this one a little.

Don't get carried away with my comment. I'm only comparing one aspect of their games. Griffin is a more accurate passer, he's more consistent with his delivery and footwork, and he's better making the intermediate throws. But the Redskins don't run a progression based passing attack. For the most part, it's one or two reads, limited to one side of the field. As such, Griffin doesn't work through progressions from one side of the field to the next, down to the check down.  I haven't studied the Redskins aggressively, or attempted to chart anything. My eyes might be playing tricks on me. But based on the games I've seen, most of what the Redskins do in the passing game is very simplified and dialed back.

I was expecting something similar from Pryor, but three levels below. I was expecting him to be running around like a chicken with his head cut off, unable to read defenses, unable to work through progressions, unable to hit check downs, and so on. I was expecting a mix between Tim Tebow and Vince Young. And already, he's better than both of them. The Raiders aren't running a simplified passing attack. They open the entire field up to Pryor on every down. They are allowing him to read the defense and make presnap adjustments at the line, both in the passing game and in the running game (he did this all game against the Colts, reading which side of the field to run their options to). Against the Broncos, he sat back and navigated the pocket, kept his eyes downfield, went through his progressions, and made "WOW" throws down the field. He hit his checkdowns. He would pull the ball down and run with it, but only when strictly necessary. 

I'm not calling Pryor better than Griffin. He is not as polished as Griffin as a passer. But as of right now, he is doing more progression based passing than Griffin. And again, that's not saying that Griffin can't do more as a progression based passer, just that the Redskins are not asking/allowing him to do more. And that limitation, along with his injury, has limited his overall effectiveness. I understand that it takes some time for a player to get back up to speed, so to speak, but if he's not going to run the ball -- which is a major part of his arsenal -- then they've got to allow him to do more in the passing game.

Sanchez had more turnovers...

People are so quick to forget that Luck lost his college head coach (the coach that recruited him) for his final year, and then lost his NFL head coach for most the season.  People don't understand how big of a deal that really is.  Your coach and your QB are the leaders of the team, and losing them did not hurt Luck one bit.  Shaw and Arians did a great Job, but the fact that Luck responded the way he did in that situation was amazing.  RG3 doesn't get a single Heisman vote if Art Briles left before his last season.  You cannot use stats to compare RG3 and Luck in college. YOU CAN"T DO IT.  Luck played on a run first, second, and third offense.  RG3 played on an up-tempo spread option offense.  Luck had zero downfield options on the outside.  RG3 had Kendall Wright and Terrance Williams.  If you actually watched every college game of these two qbs (like I did) you would have never voted for RG3. If you still feel obligated to vote for RG3 then you just bought into the hype like the voters did.  College qbs put up numbers like RG3 every single season and don't get any coverage what so ever.  The Big 12 conference is a joke compared to the Pac-12 these last few years and anyone that watches college football knows that.

Yeah....we all watch college football every weekend...your arguement doesn't pass the eye test, statistical test, but it does pass the homer test. Sorry. I'm just as big a Luck fan and Indy fan but all those that voted and the media....I don't know a single person outside of this board and maybe a stanford board that believes Luck should have won the Heisman...I know I can't convince you otherwise and thats fine...but I just can't wrap my head around it. I don't even think it was close in either of those awards...but if we were looking at this year...which is all that matters...Luck is looking outstanding and I'm enjoying every minute of it. 

Don't get carried away with my comment. I'm only comparing one aspect of their games. Griffin is a more accurate passer, he's more consistent with his delivery and footwork, and he's better making the intermediate throws. But the Redskins don't run a progression based passing attack. For the most part, it's one or two reads, limited to one side of the field. As such, Griffin doesn't work through progressions from one side of the field to the next, down to the check down.  I haven't studied the Redskins aggressively, or attempted to chart anything. My eyes might be playing tricks on me. But based on the games I've seen, most of what the Redskins do in the passing game is very simplified and dialed back.

I was expecting something similar from Pryor, but three levels below. I was expecting him to be running around like a chicken with his head cut off, unable to read defenses, unable to work through progressions, unable to hit check downs, and so on. I was expecting a mix between Tim Tebow and Vince Young. And already, he's better than both of them. The Raiders aren't running a simplified passing attack. They open the entire field up to Pryor on every down. They are allowing him to read the defense and make presnap adjustments at the line, both in the passing game and in the running game (he did this all game against the Colts, reading which side of the field to run their options to). Against the Broncos, he sat back and navigated the pocket, kept his eyes downfield, went through his progressions, and made "WOW" throws down the field. He hit his checkdowns. He would pull the ball down and run with it, but only when strictly necessary. 

I'm not calling Pryor better than Griffin. He is not as polished as Griffin as a passer. But as of right now, he is doing more progression based passing than Griffin. And again, that's not saying that Griffin can't do more as a progression based passer, just that the Redskins are not asking/allowing him to do more. And that limitation, along with his injury, has limited his overall effectiveness. I understand that it takes some time for a player to get back up to speed, so to speak, but if he's not going to run the ball -- which is a major part of his arsenal -- then they've got to allow him to do more in the passing game.

I probably took it wrong...my bad. I agree Pryor has looked better than I expected...he has played under control and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. I actually have been more impressed with his starts than Geno Smith or the other rookies in this class but I feel he will have a long way to go and he's just getting started. I'm sure he has been a nice feather in the Al Davis cap if he can continue to grow.