Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Last Playoff Scenario

oldunclemark

Since the entire division lost Sunday....we're not totally in the toilet... :hide:

We'd have to win our 5 remaining division games...beat Cincinnatti, Carolina and Atlanta and Baltimore

..we could only lose at New Orleans and at New England...

..we would finish 9-7 and win the first tiebreaker..which is Division record..

That's assuming that Tennesse (3-2) and Houston (3-2) finish 9-7...which, after Sunday, is still very possible....

..and that Peyton Manning returns in time for the final month..

Its not much...but that's it......That's our last train..and if we lose next week, that one's out of the station.. :gloomy:

Since the entire division lost Sunday....we're not totally in the toilet... :hide:

We'd have to win our 5 remaining division games...beat Cincinnatti, Carolina and Atlanta and Baltimore

That's assuming that Tennesse (3-2) and Houston (3-2) finish 9-7...which, after Sunday, is still very possible....

Its not much...but that's it......That's our last train..and if we lose next week, that one's out of the station.. :gloomy:

I'd like to believe, but there's a better chance I poop a gold biscuit tomorrow morning.

The only realistic optimism I'm retaining is that we will develop a promising young back-up QB in Painter and perhaps garner some great picks for the future of our franchise.

Today's loss was unacceptable.

It ain't happening this year buddy.

There is a chance Peyton could return for the Patriots game, so i'm still holding out hope. Peyton could win the last 5 in a row, so we really just need to beat Cin, Jax, Ten, Carolina. Brees will kill us for sure, Atlanta we have a chance (like 5%) so we could be 10-6 or 9-7. Texans seem to be the biggest threat, hopefully they can lose 4 more games (a few in the division would be great) and then that last one against the Colts with Manning. There's still hope, although it's disappearing rather quickly. Cin is a must win thou, just as i thought kc was. Root for parody in our division, everyone 9-7, lol.

BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the Enthusiasm but we will NOT win 3 games this year without Peyton, and we would need to trade our defense through a wormhole to Chicago for the 85 bears D.

Edited by Xfiles

It won't happen. It's unfortunate, but realistic. We won't be making the playoffs this year. Tennessee is playing well (even though they got hammered today) and so is Houston (who also lost, but is still a good team). One of those two wins the division and we won't have a good enough record for the wildcard

There is a chance Peyton could return for the Patriots game, so i'm still holding out hope. Peyton could win the last 5 in a row, so we really just need to beat Cin, Jax, Ten, Carolina. Brees will kill us for sure, Atlanta we have a chance (like 5%) so we could be 10-6 or 9-7. Texans seem to be the biggest threat, hopefully they can lose 4 more games (a few in the division would be great) and then that last one against the Colts with Manning. There's still hope, although it's disappearing rather quickly. Cin is a must win thou, just as i thought kc was. Root for parody in our division, everyone 9-7, lol.

What makes some so sure that if Peyton was to come back this year that he would just pick up and play like we are accustomed to seeing. Realistically, he would probably have quite a bit of rust and take some time to round into form. Any games that Peyton might potentially play this year would not be guaranteed W's.

I really can not believe there are those that still think this team has a shot at the playoffs. It's comical and kind of sad that people can actually be that naive. Those who still believe are either 7 yrs. old or surfing the web from the looney bin. The only way this team even see's a win this yr. is if Jax just quits during one of our games with them and leaves the stadium. There is not one other team on the schedule that won't kick the crap outta this team.

Edited by Balzer40

Why is this even a topic of discussion? We are not making the playoffs, I just hope we win a game.

Why is thsi a topic....Cheesy one....?

Its a topic because we havent given up...and I dont want to....

Believe me...There will be plenty of time to give up in November..

If we dont win in either of the next 3 weeks....we will be mathematically eliminated WITH 9 WEEKS TO GO...and it may get ugly around here.....

So like myman Early Riser says:

Keep the Faith!

If I were Peyton, I wouldn't want to return to this mess. I bet he really sees how valuable he actually is to this team. He is grossly underpaid. I would tell Irsay that I'm not coming back until this coaching staff is history.

If I were Peyton, I wouldn't want to return to this mess. I bet he really sees how valuable he actually is to this team. He is grossly underpaid. I would tell Irsay that I'm not coming back until this coaching staff is history.

Dee-Dub....You know Peyton wants back in bad...real bad...

he sees everything he helped build falling down ..

Unless his public personna is not the true Manning, he will be back on the field the second his doctor allows it...

...probably for that New England game

If Manning wishes to play..in December....do any of you see Caldwell telling him he cant?

Nope.....at this point, I'm not sure Polian even allows Caldwell to tell the captains whether to call heads or tails on a coin toss.

But realistically, I believe it'll be his wife Ashley and others close to him that will tell him to shut it down....if they haven't already.

like others said good optimism but I dont see it happening. We couldn't beat the Chiefs, I mean we blew a 17-0 lead.

If we enter the Pats game @ 5-6 and Manning w/o a doubt is completely healthy then we may have a chance but we are talking about an extremely small chance. Everything has to go the right way. We could finish 10-6 if Manning miraculously comes back and plays at a high level for the last part of the season.

6 Sun, Oct 16

1:00 PM CBS Tickets 7 Sun, Oct 23

8:20 PM NBC Tickets 8 Sun, Oct 30

1:00 PM CBS Tickets 9 Sun, Nov 6

1:00 PM FOX Tickets 10 Sun, Nov 13

1:00 PM CBS Tickets 11 BYE WEEK 12 Sun, Nov 27

1:00 PM FOX Tickets 13 Sun, Dec 4

8:20 PM NBC Tickets 14 Sun, Dec 11

1:00 PM CBS Tickets 15 Sun, Dec 18

1:00 PM CBS Tickets 16 Thu, Dec 22

8:20 PM NFL Tickets 17 Sun, Jan 1

1:00 PM CBS Tickets

I don't care if I'm thought of as a bad fan for saying it...

If we don't beat the Bengals (who have looked better than us these past two weeks) then we realistically have a chance at going 0-16. We may win a divisional game or 2 in the last 3 weeks, but don't count on it. We're just that bad.

I don't care if I'm thought of as a bad fan for saying it...

If we don't beat the Bengals (who have looked better than us these past two weeks) then we realistically have a chance at going 0-16. We may win a divisional game or 2 in the last 3 weeks, but don't count on it. We're just that bad.

John...My efforts to predict the future usually fail..

I didnt see Philly at 1-4....and I was getting my tickets for the Yankees-Philadelphia World Series, too. :sadno: