Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

what happens if a team fails to get to 53 by six?

Stephen

I was just wondering if there was some kind of penalty for failing to meet deadline.

I'm sure there is a penalty...   I suspect it would be a fine of some sort....

I just don't know if it would be money or a draft pick...   can't think of how else a team could be fined.

Stone Cold Steve Austin will enter the meeting room and hand out Stone Cold Stunners to everyone.

I would pay good money to see that.

What's the problem in here?!

We have fifty six members on the ro-

WHAT?

We have fifty six me-

WHAT?

We have fif-

WHAT?

If you think ol' Stone Cold is gonna let you prance around here with fifty six members on the roster, we well guess what? EH EH! That ain't gonna happen! Someone get me a beer! I said get me a frickin' beer!

Do they get fined?

I believe the NFL makes the cuts for them, but I'm not sure what method they use to do that.

If a team isn't under the cap by the first day of the league year, the league terminates contracts, starting with the highest paid, until the team is under the cap. Cap penalties and whatnot are assessed as usual, so you might lose your top three guys before you wind up under the cap. I'm not sure if the league does it the same way with the mandated cuts.

I believe the NFL makes the cuts for them, but I'm not sure what method they use to do that.

If a team isn't under the cap by the first day of the league year, the league terminates contracts, starting with the highest paid, until the team is under the cap. Cap penalties and whatnot are assessed as usual, so you might lose your top three guys before you wind up under the cap. I'm not sure if the league does it the same way with the mandated cuts.

Man that is harsh haha. Why couldn't the Lions go over the cap when we had millions this offseason? CJ on the open market? Holy crap that'd be the biggest buzz a FA WR ever got haha.

EDIT: Man I am question talking a lot. Blame it on the 4 hours of sleep in the past 76 hours.

YES! That was a classic moment in wrestling.

Love the Michael Myers avatar.

-huge Halloween fan. John Carpenters version, not that Rob Zombie bull.

Ohh yeah the first two were awesome!  Then they went all crazy with the third (Season of the Witch) not even having Michael Myers in it. 

Carpenter was an awesome horror director, the original Halloween and The Thing are probably two of the best horror movies of all time.  They Live was also pretty cool as well, it had flipping Rowdy Roddy Piper in it haha!

Ohh yeah the first two were awesome!  Then they went all crazy with the third (Season of the Witch) not even having Michael Myers in it. 

Carpenter was an awesome horror director, the original Halloween and The Thing are probably two of the best horror movies of all time.  They Live was also pretty cool as well, it had flipping Rowdy Roddy Piper in it haha!

The first two Halloweens were classic.. I kind of like 6 too! He was just brutal in that one.. H2O was the last decent one that they made.

Yeah 80's horror movies were the best..

They don't make then like they used too.

I can't believe they are coming out with another Childs Play..

The first two Halloweens were classic.. I kind of like 6 too! He was just brutal in that one.. H2O was the last decent one that they made.

Yeah 80's horror movies were the best..

They don't make then like they used too.

I can't believe they are coming out with another Childs Play..

That's probably going to be a horror film for all the wrong reasons...

That's probably going to be a horror film for all the wrong reasons...

Yeah the ONLY two good things is that Brad Dourif is playing Chucky's voice.. And that Chucky looks like his old self (as he did in the first 3 films)

We all saw what happens when you change a character and have someone else play him.. Ones that talk at least.

The New Freddy movie sucked.. Wasn't the same without Englund.

Yeah the ONLY two good things is that Brad Dourif is playing Chucky's voice.. And that Chucky looks like his old self (as he did in the first 3 films)

We all saw what happens when you change a character and have someone else play him.. Ones that talk at least.

The New Freddy movie sucked.. Wasn't the same without Englund.

Number 12 for 18? :thmup: