Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most hated Ex-Colt?

BronxColtNYC

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Indy and the town, the fans, and the people, so please don't take this the wrong way..Bob Irsay was my most disliked Colt ever, for taking the Colts away from Baltimore, because it was close to me at the time, it was the only "local" team i supported, and having to wait forever to get my season ticket money back, when he sneaked out of town. I never blamed the Colts for moving..they were told by the owner to move, and they did..I still followed my team, and it didn't matter where they played..they were the Colts I grew up to love, and still love to this day

I only ever got to see 1 home game in Indy, and I love the town, the people, the atmosphere..and I'm glad the Colts are thriving in a great city..and as my Forum name says..Colt Fan 4 Life

I love Indy and the town, the fans, and the people, so please don't take this the wrong way..Bob Irsay was my most disliked Colt ever, for taking the Colts away from Baltimore, because it was close to me at the time, it was the only "local" team i supported, and having to wait forever to get my season ticket money back, when he sneaked out of town. I never blamed the Colts for moving..they were told by the owner to move, and they did..I still followed my team, and it didn't matter where they played..they were the Colts I grew up to love, and still love to this day

I only ever got to see 1 home game in Indy, and I love the town, the people, the atmosphere..and I'm glad the Colts are thriving in a great city..and as my Forum name says..Colt Fan 4 Life

It's great you are a long time Colts fan. I would have done the same thing as Bob if I had my state governor breathing down my neck to take my team from me.

It's great you are a long time Colts fan. I would have done the same thing as Bob if I had my state governor breathing down my neck to take my team from me.

OH I understand about all the difficulties and things (being nice with my words) between the city, governor and Irsay...it just hurt a lot..for a lot of reasons..and no i wasn't happy with the state and city officials either..I wish it could have been done differently, even if it meant leaving Baltimore. I dont know how i would've handled it..

Its just a bunch of bad memories...I'm glad the Colts are home now..in Indy...can't think of a better city to have my favorite team in..

OH I understand about all the difficulties and things (being nice with my words) between the city, governor and Irsay...it just hurt a lot..for a lot of reasons..and no i wasn't happy with the state and city officials either..I wish it could have been done differently, even if it meant leaving Baltimore. I dont know how i would've handled it..

Its just a bunch of bad memories...I'm glad the Colts are home now..in Indy...can't think of a better city to have my favorite team in..

It's unfortunate for the fans like yourself that had to lose your team for your elected officials to learn their lesson.  At least they did learn though.  The separate stadiums for the Orioles and Ravens (would've been Colts) that were built was exactly what Irsay was trying to get done.  While I don't pretend to know the economic conditions of Baltimore at the time, if they just could have tried to work out a deal instead of the (IMO crooked/cheap solution) of the whole eminent domain fiasco then I don't think the Colts move and Bob Irsay isn't so despised.  I can't honestly think of any owner that would be okay with not getting any concession/parking revenue, because it all had to go to the Orioles.  Not to mention the whole 2 pm law that Baltimore had that cost them a lot of television opportunities/revenue.   

I don't think Bob Irsay has many fans anywhere

"hate" is too strong a word...but Quentin Coryatt will always have my disgust for the dropped INT against the Steelers.

Good call.  Catch that ball and we go to the Super Bowl.  Then Aaron-something let that hail mary pass slip through his hands and touch the ground,  Yes, yes, yes, nooooooooooo.  Great run that year by Harbaugh.  Still a fan of his to this day. 

The only thing I can say I hate that is Colts related was the decision to forego the opportunity for the perfect regular season to rest starters for the playoffs.  *ic decision in my opinion.  I hated everything about it.

I was less than happy with the Jeff George experiment, the Vanderjadt kick and the Painter patheticism (is that a word?).

Good call.  Catch that ball and we go to the Super Bowl.  Then Aaron-something let that hail mary pass slip through his hands and touch the ground,  Yes, yes, yes, nooooooooooo.  Great run that year by Harbaugh.  Still a fan of his to this day. 

I'll never forget that game, because I was there..The crowd was so silent except for me and a few other Colts fans..when we thought Bailey caught that Hail Mary we were all screaming...then UGHHHHHH

Least liked, Jeff George.  Followed by Elway.

Elway was, still is, and always will be a/an_______ [fill in the blank with your choice of a part of the human anatomy that cannot be mentioned on this forum]. As much as I love Peyton, I still want to see the Broncos eat it because of that whiny, pouty little ______Elway.

Elway was, still is, and always will be a/an_______ [fill in the blank with your choice of a part of the human anatomy that cannot be mentioned on this forum]. As much as I love Peyton, I still want to see the Broncos eat it because of that whiny, pouty little ______Elway.

He made a wise business decision. I would NOT have wanted to join the Colts. Elway would have failed here. Our team was a train-wreck for years after coming to Indy. Irsay (Bob) was clown. Our city was a risk as an NFL host, a cornfield with a dome protruding from the stalks before Hudnut's sweeping changes took place and began transforming us into a metropolis. 

Blaming Elway for what he did is like blaming an ex-girlfriend for leaving you when you were in the depths of an abusive downward spiral. 

I don't think Bob Irsay has many fans anywhere

He did bring the Colts to Indianapolis . Until then it was Hicks versus Knicks . As a person he was with out fans as a Owner he made Indy a :nfl:  city & the team delivered a :lombardi:  & hosted a Superbowl .

Bob Irsay like him or hate him was the force behind the move .

The City & State owe him a big thank you so IMO your wrong . :thmup::colts:

He made a wise business decision. I would NOT have wanted to join the Colts. Elway would have failed here. Our team was a train-wreck for years after coming to Indy. Irsay (Bob) was clown. Our city was a risk as an NFL host, a cornfield with a dome protruding from the stalks before Hudnut's sweeping changes took place and began transforming us into a metropolis. 

Blaming Elway for what he did is like blaming an ex-girlfriend for leaving you when you were in the depths of an abusive downward spiral. 

but he still looks like a horse

elway_zps1a7188fd.jpg

What didn't you like about Garcon?

I didn't like the way he jumped ship. From everything I read, the contract we offered him and the contract he accepted from Washington were very similar. I highly doubt that if he played for anyone else early in his career, he would have gotten the chances he did here. PG was one of my favorite players, and it just kind of stunk when he left.