Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Angerer trade value?

Everyone

Why not let him play in a game for us?

I have nothing against him as a player, Colts have good depth at ILB and if we could trade him for a decent player in a position of need or a decent pick it would only benefit the team in the long run.

I have nothing against him as a player, Colts have good depth at ILB and if we could trade him for a decent player in a position of need or a decent pick it would only benefit the team in the long run.

But when healthy, Angerer is arguably our best LB?

I was not impressed with any of the LBs against Buffalo.

On Aug 4 Pagano spoke to the media regarding Angerer and did not sound too concerned.

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/articles/1246064-pat-angerer-news-angerer-who-is-on-the-pup-list-after-offseason-foot-surgery-is-also-dealing-with-a-right-knee-injury-the-indianapolis-star-reports-however-head-coach-chuck-pagano-didn-t-seem-too-worried-again-we-are-not-going-to-push-him-until-w

kavell Conner had a great game and

Conner had a great game, Freeman didn't play and sheppard was average.

Why would u want him traded???  He was awesome during the Colts horrible 2011 one of the only bright spots from that year.  Obviously  he wasn't  nearly as good last year but that was because he had a broken foot and even when he came back he was never really healthy.  Expect to see Pat back to his old self in 2013.

How quickly people forget :thmdown:

But other than Conner and Freeman the other ILBs are all questionable.

I didn't think Sheppard played well on Sunday.

I agree, Conner impressed IMO and Sheppard was just MEH.... Im hoping Conner continues or Angerer gets back at a high level.

I might be getting ahed of my self, but i think ILB will be a high draft choice next year

Why would u want him traded???  He was awesome during the Colts horrible 2011 one of the only bright spots from that year.  Obviously  he wasn't  nearly as good last year but that was because he had a broken foot and even when he came back he was never really healthy.  Expect to see Pat back to his old self in 2013.

How quickly people forget :thmdown:

Did I say, We must trade Pat now he is poop? No, I asked peoples opinion of his worth.

Angerer is not a 3-4 ILB more of a 4-3 MLB,too small and not athletic enough in pass coverage. He's a good tackler but so is Conner and Freeman and their ability to shed blockers  makes them better 3-4 ILB's.

Do we know for sure that Angerer is not our best ILB?

He was hurt and deserves a chance to prove himself on the field.

Do we know for sure that Angerer is not our best ILB?

He was hurt and deserves a chance to prove himself on the field.

Freeman is our best ILB for sure. Angerer was great in 2011 but we were in the 4-3 then, he didn't have to take on guards.There are two types of ILB's, the Mike and the Ted.

The Mike typically is the more athletic linebacker, who can blitz, drop into coverage, play the run, and "spy" the quarterback. Freeman is a prototypical Mike linebacker in a 3-4 defense. The Ted is typically the stronger and larger of the two linebackers, and is used almost like a fullback on the defense. He takes on and occupies blockers for the Mike, allowing the Mike to flow to the ball and make tackles. In the 3-4 you will have to shed blocks something that Freeman and Conner are both good at.

I'm pretty certain that Pat Angerer has NO trade value, at least nothing worth considering. I don't think he's a great fit for our scheme, but I think he can play a role as a rotational player. He's got a good attitude, and he's not making a lot of money. If I had to choose between a 6th or 7th in 2014, or having Angerer active for us, I'd rather keep him and see what happens. Maybe he can make a play for us at some point this year. But a late round pick in 2014 isn't going to help us win any games in 2013.

I would not agree for sure that Freerman is by far better than Pat Angerer.

Last year was Freeman's first season in NFL. I liked what I saw but the jury is still out in my opinion.

Both Freeman and Angerer have the same measurables size wise.

I feel Angerer is more of a natural.

As far as 3-4 or 4-3? I believe a good football player is a good football player regardless of the scheme.

Perhaps we disagree. But if Pat could stay healthy, I would be very happy to see what he can do on the field.

I'm pretty certain that Pat Angerer has NO trade value, at least nothing worth considering. I don't think he's a great fit for our scheme, but I think he can play a role as a rotational player. He's got a good attitude, and he's not making a lot of money. If I had to choose between a 6th or 7th in 2014, or having Angerer active for us, I'd rather keep him and see what happens. Maybe he can make a play for us at some point this year. But a late round pick in 2014 isn't going to help us win any games in 2013.

The only way he's worth trading is if management feels he's won't make the final 53. Sometimes happens ... a player has some value as his talents don't fit the system or the team is exceptionally strong at his position and he's caught in a numbers game. However , I think the case is way closer to what you have above.

Did I say, We must trade Pat now he is poop? No, I asked peoples opinion of his worth.

My opinion is that he's worth the most to the Colts and will be very valuable in 2013.  Angerer showed the Colts last yr u gotta have depth in the NFL especially at his position.

Angerer is still listed as the Colts starter and frankly we haven't seen him healthy since he had a 100+ tackle season and several posters here were calling for him to go to the Pro-Bowl.  I know the defense has changed since then but I think Angerer deserves a chance to show us what he can or can't do fully healthy in it. 

At worst he get's benched for Conner and he becomes the top back up.  Haven't we spent most of the time complaining about the lack of depth on this team since Sunday?  So naturally we have chance to have a little depth at MLB and here is a thread of people going hey what do think we can get for it?  So we can turn around do what complain more about how there is a lack of depth on the roster...

no trade value. if he can't stay healthy and contribute, it's time to move on. i was never a big fan of his because most of his tackles were down field. that's ok for a safety, but not a mlb.

Well, to be fair, that's because he was the MLB in the dreaded Tampa 2, which forces the MLB downfield.  He had to run back up for most of his tackles.  

Personally, I'm still not sold on Angerer being a great fit for our defense but like many have said, at this point his value being available and on the roster outweighs what we'd get for him in return unless Dallas hits the panic button and decides they need more cover 2/tampa 2 types.  I don't see that happening though.