Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let's Not Overreact

Legend of Luck

Now, most of my fellow Colt's fans here have taken this first preseason game realistically. However, I have seen many people overreacting, even throwing insults at eachother and the team, so I wanted to chime in and shed some light on the situation.

1. Our first team Offense and Defense clearly outplayed their first team. When we took Matt H. out of the game we were up and in firm control. It wasnt until after our starters left the game that things changed. Chandler clearly isnt ready, even though he looked good in camp.

2. If not for 2 untimely and bad plays from Fleener, we could have been ahead by 3 touchdowns. Yes, bad plays happen, but its week one of preseason. The end of the second week of camp. We have so much room to grow. Let's get these bad plays out of the way now so that we can learn from them and find what to fix, so that when it counts, it wont happen again.

3. Look at all the other really good teams that lost this week in preseason. Atlanta lost to Cinci 34-10, San Fran lost to Denver 6-10 (Not to mention Peyton only completed 2 passes), Green Bay lost to Arizona 0-17. But no one is panicking about those teams.

4. The year we won the superbowl we went 1-3 in preseason. The only win came in week 3, when we traditionally play our starters more. 

We are going to be fine. Luck looked great, Hilton looked great. our 0-line didnt show any glaring weaknesses, Ballard ran well. We're gonna be FINE.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only people overreacting are those who don't understand what the preseason is all about.

If they can't see that our second string QB, with our ones, beat their ones, they aren't worth talking to.

Now if their concerned about our twos losing to their twos, and that's somehow important, then we can have a sane thread.

Nah bro. Our season is basically over. Time to re-build.

Definitely!  Re-rebuild the Monster v2.0.  I would say get rid of Luck and try to get Jake Plummer back in the league.  If we had Jake Plummer, he could train Chandler Harnish to dominate and people wouldn't be like:

nmc.gif

To me there were only 2 things to be overly concerned about from today's game.  1. Special teams looks to still need work.  I'm hoping the people playing special teams today will not be on the roster when the games count cause today was BAD.  2.  It's a little concerning to see that we got dominated once the second team came in.  I thought we were deeper than that, but this game looked just like games did during the Peyton era.  Otherwise Luck looked great, TY looks like a beast, the running game looked better, and aside from the 1 sack that Luck took blame for, the oline looked to be better.  

I hope noby is taking the preseason too seriously. Unless the starters plan on only playing 8 snaps we probably wont see many of theses guys again. The Colts were driving when Fleener got popped and fumbled and thatv was the end of 1st string. Didnt see enough 1st string 2 take much seriously.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Now, most of my fellow Colt's fans here have taken this first preseason game realistically. However, I have seen many people overreacting, even throwing insults at eachother and the team, so I wanted to chime in and shed some light on the situation.

1. Our first team Offense and Defense clearly outplayed their first team. When we took Matt H. out of the game we were up and in firm control. It wasnt until after our starters left the game that things changed. Chandler clearly isnt ready, even though he looked good in camp.

2. If not for 2 untimely and bad plays from Fleener, we could have been ahead by 3 touchdowns. Yes, bad plays happen, but its week one of preseason. The end of the second week of camp. We have so much room to grow. Let's get these bad plays out of the way now so that we can learn from them and find what to fix, so that when it counts, it wont happen again.

3. Look at all the other really good teams that lost this week in preseason. Atlanta lost to Cinci 34-10, San Fran lost to Denver 6-10 (Not to mention Peyton only completed 2 passes), Green Bay lost to Arizona 0-17. But no one is panicking about those teams.

4. The year we won the superbowl we went 1-3 in preseason. The only win came in week 3, when we traditionally play our starters more. 

We are going to be fine. Luck looked great, Hilton looked great. our 0-line didnt show any glaring weaknesses, Ballard ran well. We're gonna be FINE.

The fact that Allen's injury sounds like it's not serious plus Luck and the rest of the first team played pretty well put me on cloud nine. Harnish did everything he could to ruin my mood, but I'm still more excited than concerned about this team going forward.  GO COLTS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not overreacting but disappointed. Disappointed not because we lost but because none of the 2nd and 3rd stringers showed that they are an improvement for this roster.

I wouldn't let it bother you much. The 2s and 3s will never play as a team, only as subs. I think we're pretty well off two deep everywhere except maybe S. Howell did look good though.

Read the summary on CBSsports.com. It's a realistic review of he Bills success. Doesn't exactly paint them as future champions and even points out that Manuel looks down his receiver most of the time.

Shoot, I'm not overreacting at all. I enjoyed being back in the chat room with my Colts family. And just enjoyed watching my team play.

Sure it's some things that drastically went wrong but hey, the backups who played bad are only making Grigson & co.'s decisions on cut day that much easier. That's the point of pre-season, for the backups and bubble players to make names. If they don't, then they get cut. Its really quite simple to understand.

:rantoff:

Shoot, I'm not overreacting at all. I enjoyed being back in the chat room with my Colts family. And just enjoyed watching my team play.

Sure it's some things that drastically went wrong but hey, the backups who played bad are only making Grigson & co.'s decisions on cut day that much easier. That's the point of pre-season, for the backups and bubble players to make names. If they don't, then they get cut. Its really quite simple to understand.

:rantoff:

But if we cut ALL the backups who played badly, we won't have enough players make it up to 53.

Buffalo ! I know it is preseason, but whoa ! The Ravens won 44 to 16 and certain Colt fans are already predicting they won't make the playoffs after winning the Super Bowl and a brilliant rebuild. Now with Stokely and Dallas Clark on board , away we go !

To what the retirement home?

Buffalo ! I know it is preseason, but whoa ! The Ravens won 44 to 16 and certain Colt fans are already predicting they won't make the playoffs after winning the Super Bowl and a brilliant rebuild. Now with Stokely and Dallas Clark on board , away we go !

Nobody cares about the Ravens. Sometimes I forget they exist along with the Jaguars.

But if we cut ALL the backups who played badly, we won't have enough players make it up to 53.

Yes we would. A few "backups" played good

Rayford

Griff Whalen

Justin Hickman (before he unfortunately went down)

Dax Swanson (Had good coverage just gotta get that head around and make the play. Also showed speed on the fumble for a td)

Mr. Irrelevant Justice Cunningham

Etc. Etc.

Some backups played well and the best backup of the day award goes to Howell. He stepped up big today when he got called on due to all the injuries to our secondary

Yes we would. A few "backups" played good

Rayford

Griff Whalen

Justin Hickman (before he unfortunately went down)

Dax Swanson (Had good coverage just gotta get that head around and make the play. Also showed speed on the fumble for a td)

Mr. Irrelevant Justice Cunningham

Etc. Etc.

Some backups played well and the best backup of the day award goes to Howell. He stepped up big today when he got called on due to all the injuries to our secondary

Howell and Chapman played OK...Swanson not so much...Whalen was good with Hass but not with Harnish...actually everyone looked bad with Harnish, which was more than half the agonizing game.

Boooooooo.

you must not of seen Castronzos' inability to block Mario

You must not have heard that Luck caused that all by himself.   A cadence error by him had much of the line getting off slowly while Mario was shot out of a cannon.    He goes on first movement.

That was on Luck,  not Castanzo.     Sorry.

You know the Ravens. The team that had won 2 Super Bowls since 1996 , while the Colts have won one since 1984, one in 41 years of Irsay ownership. The Jaguars , the great city they picked over Baltimore for expansion. That worked out great , right Taglibue ?

Bro are you 12? You aren't allowed to argue on the internet unless your 16+.

must_not_feed_the_troll.jpg

You must not have heard that Luck caused that all by himself.   A cadence error by him had much of the line getting off slowly while Mario was shot out of a cannon.    He goes on first movement.

That was on Luck,  not Castanzo.     Sorry.

I dont get that...Unless it was a 'tap' hike. Because apparently the the center knew what was up.........

There were bright spots w/ regard to backups as well... You expect a few bad plays in the first preseason game.. especially from rookies and 2nd stringers...

13 different players had at least 1 rec...

K. Williams looked like an NFL RB & KR (minus the one he flubbed)... much better than Sambrano...

Whalen seemed to be open a ton, but wasn't targeted by Harnish as often as he should have been.

Defense got pressure throughout the whole game, but the Bills seemed like they were in the hurry up and basically threw short timing routes all day...  Rayford had a ff... Howell seemed to be all over the field, to me...

The starting O-Line still concerns me... and it will until I see some results..