Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Impressed you the most?

GoColts8818

We spent a lot of time this week talking about who we were excited to see, so my question as pre-season game one goes along who impressed you the most?

My answer is Conner.  He was all around the football the whole time he was in there and as many bad picks as Polian had towards the end we got one heck of a steal in him!

I will also say tip of the cap to Hilton, who was very good.  Hilton will probably work out of the slot in three WR sets because the Colts like him there but he's going to be the second WR on the field because when the ball goes his way good things happen.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The two Buffalo QBs. These guys are both all pro veterans, right?

Well Manuel did most of his damage after we took our starters out, he has a very good chance to be their starter this year, if you can't own an another teams back ups odds are your team shouldn't be looking at you as their best QB. 

With that said I would breath a little easier if I were a Bills fan about EJ Manuel going forward.

Well Manuel did most of his damage after we took our starters out, he has a very good chance to be their starter this year, if you can't own an another teams back ups odds are your team shouldn't be looking at you as their best QB. 

With that said I would breath a little easier if I were a Bills fan about EJ Manuel going forward.

He looked good. Poised. Real games are going to be different when teams start disguising coverages, but he looks like he's the man.

I was really impressed with Fleener he had a couple of good catches and ran good routes, separated from defenders with ease. He did have a fumble but i think that's because it was the first real hit he's had since last year, he'll improve on ball security. The offense seems to be built for Fleener i think he can get 6 catches a game. He's going to have a pro bowl caliber year.

Chapman, fleener, Hilton, luck, Howell, I would say rayford but, I won't lol

I have a feeling is going to be one of those players we love on one play and want him cut on the next.  He had flashes today but all had the fumble that could have been prevented by just putting two arms on the ball and dropped a TD pass as well. 

I have a feeling is going to be one of those players we love on one play and want him cut on the next. He had flashes today but all had the fumble that could have been prevented by just putting two arms on the ball and dropped a TD pass as well.

At least he was making plays though, ball security is an easy problem to fix. As for the drop, that was just very, very good defense

The Bills pass rush impressed me the most. Trying to answer who on the Colts impressed me the most , I guess it would be Luck. Surviving two series and actually getting passes off with that protection was very impressive. It's only pre season but not a lot of good to take from that performance.

I have a feeling is going to be one of those players we love on one play and want him cut on the next.  He had flashes today but all had the fumble that could have been prevented by just putting two arms on the ball and dropped a TD pass as well. 

Fleener was sandwiched between two defenders and a good lick was put on him. Other than that he looked as expected. Jones was the one who had a great catch with soft hands.

The Bills pass rush impressed me the most. Trying to answer who on the Colts impressed me the most , I guess it would be Luck. Surviving two series and actually getting passes off with that protection was very impressive. It's only pre season but not a lot of good to take from that performance.

When you go back and look at it, protection for Luck and Hassleback was fine for the most part, Luck messed up the cadence on the Williams sack, other than that and one other play the starting oline was fine, we ran the ball better with Ballard and Brown. Can't speak for the line after the starters came out Harnish was getting nailed

Just waiting to see Hugh Thorton get in there.

When you go back and look at it, protection for Luck and Hassleback was fine for the most part, Luck messed up the cadence on the Williams sack, other than that and one other play the starting oline was fine, we ran the ball better with Ballard and Brown. Can't speak for the line after the starters came out Harnish was getting nailed

Just waiting to see Hugh Thorton get in there.

+ Bradshaw with his uncanny blocking abilities will help.  Dwayne Allen's injury appears to not be that bad according to Chappell even though he may miss the remainder of preseason. 

I really didn't take much away from the overall game, the score in the end is really no indication of how the starting unit will play.  It was just a mere competitive battle for the new fellas trying to earn a roster spot. 

Actually, if I were a BIlls fan I would be more excited about Tuel. I know he played against 2nd and 3rd stringers, but he was decisive and accurate.  He was always a good prospect.  Just got hurt.

Delano Howell impressed on defense. I liked what Vontae Davis early on, but he didn't play much. 

As for the offense, TY looked quite good. 

Just a quick little shoutout, Jeff Tuel of the Bills had a lights out day even if it was against backups and reserves. 

Delano Howell impressed on defense. I liked what Vontae Davis early on, but he didn't play much. 

As for the offense, TY looked quite good. 

Just a quick little shoutout, Jeff Tuel of the Bills had a lights out day even if it was against backups and reserves. 

You nailed that. Jeff Tuel looked VERY good. I am going to go out on a limb and say he, not Manual, will be the Bills long term QB. I know, he played against backups, but it is his poise, delivery, and accuracy that stuck out.

Actually I thought Allen Chapman the DB was solid. I liked him better than I liked Price or Dax Swanson even though he did run thefumble recovery to the house. I'm going to pay a little bit more attention to Allen Chapman. I think he'll make the squad.

Overall I thought the defense was pretty solid. Especially against the running game, other than the first couple of runs in the first quarter. After things settled down, I could tell the first team D has gotten better. Pass rush could have been better, but we were very vanilla today.

I dont know. The camera work and angles were so bad, I feel like I missed half the game. 

On my Fleener kick, dude cant fumble, and dude has got to catch that TD ball. 

Yeah that fumble was bad, I didn't see the dropped TD just head the Lamey call on the radio because I was out running around doing stuff.  However, after he had an issue with drops last year that was not a good way to start this year.

With that said I still think he's going to have a good season. 

I was really impressed with Fleener he had a couple of good catches and ran good routes, separated from defenders with ease. He did have a fumble but i think that's because it was the first real hit he's had since last year, he'll improve on ball security. The offense seems to be built for Fleener i think he can get 6 catches a game. He's going to have a pro bowl caliber year.

I see a big year coming from Fleener. Think Pep will take advantage of his size and speed, and make him a real asset to the offense. Also, more familiar with the scheme.. Just hope he avoids injury

Yeah that fumble was bad, I didn't see the dropped TD just head the Lamey call on the radio because I was out running around doing stuff. However, after he had an issue with drops last year that was not a good way to start this year.

With that said I still think he's going to have a good season.

The TD pass was broken up, from the angle I saw, not a drop. I think he had enough of the ball to pull it in, but it was a contested catch.

Sorgi (whose opinion I value more than Lamey's) and Lamey both said he should have caught it, again that's what I am going off of here.

I think he should have caught it as well. But it wasn't a wide open pass that hit his hands, and he dropped it. It was broken up.

I think he should have caught it as well. But it wasn't a wide open pass that hit his hands, and he dropped it. It was broken up.

If he should have caught it and didn't that's still an area to go not good.  Again, I didn't see it but the guy who used to play in the NFL said he should have caught it and called it a drop.  He did say it was good coverage but it was still a ball Fleener should have come up with. 

Like I said before though I am sure Fleener is going to have a good season.  I just think drops are going to be a part of his game.  It is what it is. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

I thought going in Carter was going to be a long shot to make the final roster this year and he didn't do himself any favors today.

And in my eyes, K Williams looked great, ran hard, and showed some shiftiness.  I don't see us keeping Carter over Williams if that's who it comes down to.  Brown will be good in this offense too.