Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How many more years for Irsay?

Ohio Colt

I'm hoping about another decade to see this current era through....

1) How many more years is he running the show (your prediction)

2) Who in the world would take over when he's done (your guess at succession plan)

The thought of my colts without the best owner in sports makes me sick.

He said years ago that he was going to pass the team along to his daughter, I believe it's Casey but I could be wrong. 

He also hinted he would walk away about the time Peyton was done playing, now clearly things have changed a lot sense that so his time table might have changed.

He said years ago that he was going to pass the team along to his daughter, I believe it's Casey but I could be wrong. 

He also hinted he would walk away about the time Peyton was done playing, now clearly things have changed a lot sense that so his time table might have changed.

Wasn't that Polian saying that he'd be moving on after Manning was done?

Both dropped hints about it.  Polian was just more up front about it.

Ah. I don't remember it from Irsay. He's said several times that his daughters are going to take over at some point, but I don't remember him tying that to Manning's career specifically.

Ah. I don't remember it from Irsay. He's said several times that his daughters are going to take over at some point, but I don't remember him tying that to Manning's career specifically.

yeah it's not something he talked about a lot it was just something he hinted at once or twice, very easy to miss it was just on a sound bite on the news about the sametime Huddles opened and he never came out and directly said it just hinted at it. 

Family members may be brought in to be more hands on sometime in the future....   but I'd guess for Irsay himself,  he certainly won't step down before Luck is done....   so, I'd guess a minimum of 12 more years....  

That said,  it wouldn't surprise me if he sticks around until he's 75 or more...

It's a small and exclusive club....   there are only 32 owners of an NFL franchise.   You're one of the most important and powerful people in your state.    Everyone takes your phone call.     It's the high life....

No need to let go of all that before one absolutely has to.....

that's correct.  Irsay gave an interview with his daughter Casey, and in the interview he said that he would retire when Peyton retires, and that Casey would be taking over the team.  I'll see if I can find the link. 

***edit...link below

http://www.theindychannel.com/sports/colts-next-owner-casey-irsay-talks-about-her-team

He's also made Casey a deal that might make many Colts fans cringe: "When Peyton retires, then it's her team."